+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2 Tanking Plate Legs/Helm Where are they?

Default T2 Tanking Plate Legs/Helm Where are they?

Have done numerous T2's and have checked rift junkies and xanadu and still cannot find where the T2 Plate Toughness Legs and "Tanking" helm drop. My fellow Guild tank and I are stuck on these 2 pieces and any help would be appreciated.

Buy plaque legs and either get the saga helm, or the helm that drops off of oracle in greenscale.

DD spider boss drops helmet, t2 grade
    DM Kaleida drops t2 legs

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    DD spider boss drops helmet, t2 grade
    DM Kaleida drops t2 legs

Cool thank you very much

The DM legs have dodge though >.<

What's your point about dodge? it's the next best other than Parry since it's gonna take a lot of rating to get to the Parry cap for you as a warrior. I've got 60.xx% Block in my build and at the point the Block Rating per % drops drastically. At that point Dodge is your friend. Parry too, but Dodge more. i've got almost 25% combined Dodge and Parry.
    Faemist - Defiant

Koralium - Warrior [Tank]
    Korial - Cleric [Heal/Tank]

When i realized RIFT had AoE looting. i immediatly pre-ordered the game. The simplest features can be the most impactful.

I've been stacking block. I'm not sure what you mean when you say blocking rating % drops drastically, I have not seen any diminishing returns on block yet.

Dodge is good, but even if you stack dodge you can't get it very high, and it seems right now dodge caps at 20% anyway. I found stacking block to be more benefical.

Rift Disciple

Why no expert dungeon toughness T2 legs?

Shoulders = 38
    Tunic = 38
    Boots = 38
    Rune = 20

total toughness minus legs = 134.

GSB requires 150 toughness. Unless I'm missing something, you need plaque T2 legs to mitigate raid crit damage. That is why folks cringe at the dodge bonus of the defensive T2 plate leg drop from DM.

If there is another way to raise toughness and use those DM defensive legs for GSB, then please share.

Edit: it is possible once you get raid toughness gear. But strictly from T2 to gear up for GSB?
    Last edited by Freako; 04-15-2011 at 07:29 AM.

What model does the helm have? Guardian's T2 helm makes me look like a power ranger / waiter / angel had a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Freako View Post
    Why no expert dungeon toughness T2 legs?

Shoulders = 38
    Tunic = 38
    Boots = 38
    Rune = 20

total toughness minus legs = 134.

GSB requires 150 toughness. Unless I'm missing something, you need plaque T2 legs to mitigate raid crit damage. That is why folks cringe at the dodge bonus of the defensive T2 plate leg drop from DM.

If there is another way to raise toughness and use those DM defensive legs for GSB, then please share.

Edit: it is possible once you get raid toughness gear. But strictly from T2 to gear up for GSB?
    With the setup you have right now just use a pair of T1 or Crafted Legs(25 Toughness) and you come out to 159 toughness. Or you could save up 200 plaques, which is not that hard to get, and buy the T2 Legs from Relic Vendor which have block on them and 38 Toughness. That would put you at 152 Toughness without the rune, which you should drop after this since any Toughness over 150 is redundant at the moment until they add another Tier of Raiding content and increase the Toughness cap for it.

Edit: Forgot to add, those legs that drop from DSM also have 38 Toughness so you could use them as well if you are below Toughness cap for GSB. The only difference is that they have dodge on them instead of block so it's your choice as to which one you want.
    Last edited by Ganrax; 04-15-2011 at 09:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread