+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [BUGGED] First Boss in Expert AP

Default [BUGGED] First Boss in Expert AP

The Ice Pillar would appear, de-spawning and then the boss would emote and use his special attack killing everyone.

We had to use the cave to beat him. It's doable, but obviously broken.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Shadowlander

We did this fight as a guild for the first time tongiht, although we did not have this issue. What I would suggest doing is using the pillars around where he is pathing before you start the fight. These are the same size but do not spawn/despawn. The extra ones he throws out help for sure but if your ranged stays near these static pillars its easy enough for them to hide. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemize View Post
    We did this fight as a guild for the first time tongiht, although we did not have this issue. What I would suggest doing is using the pillars around where he is pathing before you start the fight. These are the same size but do not spawn/despawn. The extra ones he throws out help for sure but if your ranged stays near these static pillars its easy enough for them to hide. Good Luck.
    Maybe it's just the Greybriar shard then. I had Fae just totally blow up on me last week. Many of the T1/T2 instances have been bugged at various points over the past 3 weeks and it's frustrating. They seem to fix one thing and break another.

Yeah, we completed the dungeon. I suppose you could use any object, the cave, another pillar, etc as long as it creates a LoS to avoid the boss's spell cast, but why even have the boss spawn a pillar mechanic if the group doesn't have to use it?
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-14-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    Defiant NPCs
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

I also got one shotted by the Cyclone boss in CC tonight. That was fun too ...

I usually do 2-3 dungeons a few times a week and it seems like 1 dungeon every night or two has a pretty big boss bug in it.

FC was broken the first weekend the dailies came out. Icetalon was one shotting people one weekend. Fae blew up on a Tues night. I got one shotted by the Cyclone boss in CC tonight and the at least on Greybriar, the pillar mechanic for the first boss in AP wasn't working either.

Never mind the graphic issues with the final boss in CC and other instances that we generally get around by placing an 8 over someone's head who can see everything and stacking on them.
    Defiant NPCs

Shadowlander

Did the first AP boss did knockback before? Ive done him many times and never we had knockbacks. Now people got knocked back off clifs?

They again change things without telling us?

I really hate these things. Write it atleast down in the patch notes!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    Did the first AP boss did knockback before? Ive done him many times and never we had knockbacks. Now people got knocked back off clifs?

They again change things without telling us?

I really hate these things. Write it atleast down in the patch notes!
    You get knock backed if you are standing on the big aoe circle where the ice pillar gets summoned.

As for the OP, we had no issues today with the pillars disapearing.

Rift Chaser

I have had issues with dying when behind a pillar so now by default i always tank him near the side of the cave and use the cave no matter where the pillar is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatron View Post
    I have had issues with dying when behind a pillar so now by default i always tank him near the side of the cave and use the cave no matter where the pillar is.
    This.

Maybe the pillars disappearing is part of the fun on expert? We just ignore them and use the cave.

Soulwalker

Default Solved

Solved,

The problem with the pillar de-spawning is NOT a bug.

Do not use any poisons or abilities that SLOW cast times of the boss, this is whaqt causes the timing of his casting and despawning to get out of sync.

Dont slow his cast time and your fine to use pillar or whatever.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
    Solved,

The problem with the pillar de-spawning is NOT a bug.

Do not use any poisons or abilities that SLOW cast times of the boss, this is whaqt causes the timing of his casting and despawning to get out of sync.

Dont slow his cast time and your fine to use pillar or whatever.
    Aha... how does that mess up other boss rotations? I wouldn't be surprised if it caused all kinds of problems.

We had this issue our first time in AP and didn't see it again until last week actually. Icetalon also bugged out where the Falcon Handler that calls him bugs out at 10% and makes you do negative damage to him while still throwing people and calling more adds. Gotta say it was interesting fighting him and Icetalon at the same time.

Koe

It's not broken. He summons the icicle, and then doesn't use his AoE for awhile. Icicle despawns, and he either summons a second one(can be while first is up), and then uses the AE.

Don't see how this is bugged. It's people just wiping due to being bad. "Hey, this icicle has been here awhile. Think it'll despawn, which means I should LoS with any piece of environment? Nah!"

It sometimes despawns right before his attack. For this reason, we always tank him somewhat close to the tree and broken tree stump and LOS him behind those. Real simple. Never even use the pillar.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Kalivos View Post
    It sometimes despawns right before his attack. For this reason, we always tank him somewhat close to the tree and broken tree stump and LOS him behind those. Real simple. Never even use the pillar.
    It only despawns before his attack if he doesn't do it soon after. If he doesn't use it within ~10s or so, plan on using the environment or a second pillar if he summons it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    It only despawns before his attack if he doesn't do it soon after. If he doesn't use it within ~10s or so, plan on using the environment or a second pillar if he summons it.
    Not true. I've had the pillar disappear 2 seconds after it spawned, while he was casting Icy Explosion. I just use the tree near where the 4-pull before him was...I never die now...
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

+ Reply to Thread