+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Expert trash check mechanics

Default [Suggestion] Expert trash check mechanics

I think the expert dungeons trash a bit too dense, thus running experts takes a bit too much time. I would suggest that the first time entered, experts should have dense trash, but there should be somekind of checking mechanics that if one have cleared that specific expert dungeon already, it should have less dense trash mobs.

This could be that three out of five members entering the dungeon should have the dungeon cleared atleast once before to pass the check for having less dense trash mobs inside.
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Deityness View Post
    I think the expert dungeons trash a bit too dense, thus running experts takes a bit too much time. I would suggest that the first time entered, experts should have dense trash, but there should be somekind of checking mechanics that if one have cleared that specific expert dungeon already, it should have less dense trash mobs.

This could be that three out of five members entering the dungeon should have the dungeon cleared atleast once before to pass the check for having less dense trash mobs inside.
    Could probably be thinned out a little, but it's not as bad as a few of the threads are making it out to be.

It does take forever if you're not geared correctly, not spec'd correctly and have poor group composition.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Chaser

To go from DD where there are literally only 4 single mob trash pulls between the last 4 bosses and the marathon that is DSM trash is my issue.

I don't mind some varied trash mobs and configurations but I do hope they thin some of the dungeons out, particularly DSM after the 4th boss.

Telaran

Tons of trash? Man RotF has that in spades too. WAY too many trash there including the stealthed bastards.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatron View Post
    To go from DD where there are literally only 4 single mob trash pulls between the last 4 bosses and the marathon that is DSM trash is my issue.

I don't mind some varied trash mobs and configurations but I do hope they thin some of the dungeons out, particularly DSM after the 4th boss.
    Yeah, that's so true, btw ur sign made me lol!

Telaran

I don't think a check mechanic is a good way to deal with too much trash. Just cutting down their numbers should do it.

Whenever you introduce a check mechanic, you risk people getting kicked from groups just because they don't meet the criteria. This might make it harder for some to get their first run through a dungeon, I mean, who would voluntarily choose a trash heavier version of a dungeon when they could get less trash just by choosing another DPS?

Gear checks are fine as long as they aren't completely ludicrous. For example, after a dozen runs in T1 dungeons you should have enough gear to start doing T2. This gear check also functions nicely as a skill check, if you have completed this many T1s, you are most likely able to learn what it takes for T2s. I'd still prefer skill checks, but those aren't likely to appear in a grand scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatron View Post

What about the 300 trash pulls to get through the beginning of DD...

I like the OP's suggestion.

Make everyone do it to know what it's like, then ease it up a bit. Pulls are equally difficult, just less of them.

+ Reply to Thread