+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert AP

Default Expert AP

OK everyone says this is the easiest, but for some reason Icetalon has my groups number. Either the little birds spawn right before the big bird lands, he picks the tank up when he arrives so aggro is an issue, or he dots/stuns both healers right in a row, or our tank gets rocked. Are all of these just "bad luck" or is there some mechanic we are just failing at?

Shadowlander

We just did this for the first time earlier today. I was the tank and we did struggle the first few attempts. The key is to keep aoeing the birds down. When the big bird comes in it will stun the tank first and generally run for the healers.

The main group needs to be a decent distance from the tank to give the tank time to pop out of the stun and get the taunt off. Once the tank has the big bird focus on aoeing the little birds down first. The big bird was hitting me for only ~1.5 hits but the little birds were hitting me for ~350 a hit. Since he spawns like 5 more small birds plus maybe a few left over from the first stage they are doing much more damage then the actual big boss. Once we got the small adds down we were fine.

Our group was wartank/roguemelee/chloro/cleric/dps cleric. We one shotted all but the last boss and the bird boss you had issues with. I wouldn't be discouraged if you are a little undergeared like we are it just takes some time to get the bosses down. Once you figure out all the little nuances of the boss they get much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemize View Post
    We just did this for the first time earlier today. I was the tank and we did struggle the first few attempts. The key is to keep aoeing the birds down. When the big bird comes in it will stun the tank first and generally run for the healers.

The main group needs to be a decent distance from the tank to give the tank time to pop out of the stun and get the taunt off. Once the tank has the big bird focus on aoeing the little birds down first. The big bird was hitting me for only ~1.5 hits but the little birds were hitting me for ~350 a hit. Since he spawns like 5 more small birds plus maybe a few left over from the first stage they are doing much more damage then the actual big boss. Once we got the small adds down we were fine.

Our group was wartank/roguemelee/chloro/cleric/dps cleric. We one shotted all but the last boss and the bird boss you had issues with. I wouldn't be discouraged if you are a little undergeared like we are it just takes some time to get the bosses down. Once you figure out all the little nuances of the boss they get much easier.
    AP certainly isn't easy. We just use the log in the back and the hill side to do this boss. It's a tough transition, but seems to be a tank issue if something goes wrong.

I've never had a problem healing or dps'ing when our tank has been on the ball ... well, and Icetalon isn't one shot'ing people.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread