+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New T2 Tank Gloves do have wrong stats

Default New T2 Tank Gloves do have wrong stats

There are finally Tank Gloves dropping in T2 now (DPS ones drop from Scarn), from Ryka Dharvos in Charmers Caldera, but they do have really weird stats.

Reinforced Naga Scale Gauntlets

Armor 510
    Strength +18
    Dexterity +14
    Endurance +11
    Parry +7
    Hit Bonus +25

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/98E4E2A8...ets#Dropped_By

Would be much better if they had 14 Str, 11 Dex and 18 Stamina, this way they are kinda crappy for tanking and mediocre for DPS. Hopefully they get fixed really soon.
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 04-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Soulwalker

Exactly the thread that I wanted to post...

I got those gloves too and indeed it's a mix of scarn's dps gloves, and T2 Tank gloves. The stats just doesn't fit, compared to T2 gloves with 19 endurance... Those have only 11...

Shadowlander

The endurance is low but why would you want less str for more endurance. 1 str = 1 parry/block. Endurance is nice yes but avoidance/partial avoidance is better i think.

Soulwalker

anathemize... having +8 endu is much better than having +8 parry/block atm for a tank. GO and look at the T2 tank gloves
    Last edited by Athelthryth; 04-13-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Telaran

eww parry.

Shadowlander

I hope i didn't come off as a troll. You probably are right. I haven't dont anything past t2's and only 3 of them at that. I have just found that endurance is underwhelming because if I have enough health to take 3 hits from the boss its generally enough time for my healers to keep me topped off. So I have always taken the approach to try to mitigate as much as possible. You are correct though the t2 plaque gloves are much better than the above item.

Maybe i haven't run into a boss that my health has been a big issue is all. I may have to reconsider this thought though. Sorry if I came off as a troll and would appreciate any insight into this.

Soulwalker

Don't worry, I don't think anyone saw you as a troll...

I agree with you, generally if you have more endurance than needed, you might focus on different stats. But those gloves are T2 epic so they are mostly meant for raiding guys. And in raid, I think you need a looot of endurance, especially if you are assigned to tank adds (brownies+ faeries on first boss for example)

Shadowlander

Whats a quasi benchmark for health. With my 5 man buffs im ~9k health. I am just curious what a good number would be so i can get more ready for any kind of tanking in greenscale. Sorry I am kinda of getting off topic of the post.

Soulwalker

I would say that 10K+ Is good for raiding . I'm currently at 10.1K and doing quite good (without forgeting other stats of course)

Rift Chaser

Yeah I got these too and didn't like the low HP on them. Still torn whether or not to blow 120 plaques on the gloves.

Btw, eww parry? I have way too much block, Im well over 600..want more parry but almost all the drops I have have block on it. I love mitigating 100% of a bosses attack.

I did get a sexy parry necklace off DD spider boss, got the tank helm from her last week too.
    Last edited by Greggatron; 04-14-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Athelthryth View Post
    anathemize... having +8 endu is much better than having +8 parry/block atm for a tank. GO and look at the T2 tank gloves
    Agreed.

You always will have that endurance, you only have a chance to block/dodge/parry.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Rift Disciple

unless i was doing gsb i'd wear those, hp isn't required for any of the experts you get a great deal from you're regular gear.

though i do agree the itemization is a bit backwards on those two.

Soulwalker

Can we have an answer from a GM or an official. Just to know if those gloves will be fixed or if those stats were intended as they are

Rift Master

I mean, excluding the parry they look like DPS gloves to me, almost like they are for a paragon. What gives you the impression they are for tanking?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    There are finally Tank Gloves dropping in T2 now (DPS ones drop from Scarn), from Ryka Dharvos in Charmers Caldera, but they do have really weird stats.

Reinforced Naga Scale Gauntlets

Armor 510
    Strength +18
    Dexterity +14
    Endurance +11
    Parry +7
    Hit Bonus +25

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/98E4E2A8...ets#Dropped_By

Would be much better if they had 14 Str, 11 Dex and 18 Stamina, this way they are kinda crappy for tanking and mediocre for DPS. Hopefully they get fixed really soon.
    What's the point in having more than one piece of gear drop if they're all itemized exactly the same? Enjoy a little flavor for once, this one allows a bit more threat at the cost of some hp. Oh my god, choices.

+ Reply to Thread