+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stats for experts?

Soulwalker

Default Stats for experts?

Hi all,
    I just hit 50 and would like to know, is there a system to know which experts to do first? My main is Ranger DPS so in terms of Hit, Dex and crit and so on, whats the bar? And, if anyone knows just a standard rundown of specs (dodge for tanks, sp for mages, etc) that would be healpful for future builds.
    -Thanks!

You want 50+ hit for t1 expert zones. I don't have any exact stat numbers to shoot for, but if you're wearing a mix of level 50 crafted items, drops from normal AP/CC, and some nicer quest reward or puzzle loot from levels 45+, you're fine for t1 experts.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

Thank you! Thats what I needed

Rift Disciple

for mages it is 50 focus = T1, 100 focus = T2
    Spell Power should be at or above 700 before going to T2.

The "Requirements" are just recommendations.

You can do parts of greenscale in blues and greens.

You don't HAVE to have the recommend hit / toughness requirements. It makes the T1/T2 zones a lot easier, but is most certainly not 100% required. Don't limit yourself on what you can do while trying to hit some magical number.
    Last edited by Ixath; 04-13-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Soulwalker

I just didn't know if people would kick for a low number, like in WoW (gay)

Shadowlander

T1 doesn't have any real dps tests other than will your healer run out of mana, or more chances for people to make a mistake. T2 definitely has some dps races so it may be a little more important to get the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    The "Requirements" are just recommendations.

You can do parts of greenscale in blues and greens.

You don't HAVE to have the recommend hit / toughness requirements. It makes the T1/T2 zones a lot easier, but is most certainly not 100% required. Don't limit yourself on what you can do while trying to hit some magical number.
    That's not helpful. Yes you can do content with guildies who are geared up, even if you aren't. However, I wouldn't want to be the weak link in a group and neither should anyone else.

Hit the focus/hit/toughness caps. T1/T2 test if people can gear, spec and organize groups correctly. It's not hard if people do a little research and planning.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by djfrankizzle View Post
    I just didn't know if people would kick for a low number, like in WoW (gay)
    yep this one group wouldnt take my tank dps because he didnt want me rolling on plate.

so i logged in my rogue ( he didnt realise I was same player ) he invited me , then kicked me because my gear wasnt as good as some other player he got.

I then looked at his tanking gear and realised his stuf was terrible compared to my own tank .

LMAO .

I managed to get my focus and spell power well above the requirements posted here for T2 yet I haven't done any T1 dungeons so it should be possible for all classes to gear themselves up to the appropriate level prior to doing any dungeons. It's not something I would make a rule of for my guildies to participate in the content as long as they are good players i won't let the gear requirements stop them joining. Just saying it's possible to gear up well enough using crafted gear, runes and other loot.
    Last edited by Nahkti; 04-14-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Ascendant

I would suggest Lantern Hook as the first instance you try out.

the two pairs of mobs guarding the cages at the start are probably the most difficult trash in the instance, but you can just CC one out of each pull.

Ereetu should be the only fight you have trouble with because you may run out of room (pyro dude can be rough too since it can eat mana with all the ground aoe damage, which is avoidable mind you)

Most t1 fights are mechanics based, so once you know how the fights work, they arent too bad, some summon adds, those can be gear-limited since the adds pile up if you cant kill them quickly.

Ascendant

stupid edit time limit:

forgot to mention, basic green crafted gear can easily get you to the caps(lightsbane diamond band x2 at 18 focus each, sagebrush wand for 24 is capped for t1), if you use a chloromancer they will most likely HAVE to be at the cap, so you dont get a spell resisted and the tank dies. other dps should probably make the cap anyways, but its not as necessary for them.

+ Reply to Thread