+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foul Cascade, Help.

Rift Disciple

Default Foul Cascade, Help.

Hello everyone,

Myself and a group of my friends just got to 50 and have started doing T1's, we have pretty much all the crafted epics, and 50 lvl blues and some epics out of the other T1's, we've cleared with little issue IT, LH, RoTF, and last night we tried FC and everything was fine until the last boss, where we just got destroyed.

We had a Cleric tank, myself healing as Chrolo (700 spell power, 21% crit 112 focus) a ranged rogue, warrior, and bard. And we could not keep my tank alive, he was kiting in a circle to stay out of the purple stuff, I would cleanse the posion within 1-2 seconds of it being on him. His life would be around 80-100% for a while, then all of a sudden he'd drop to 30% and after that happened once I could never regain ground and keep him back up to 80-100; I'd get him to 100% then he'd would just drop back to 30-40%.

Has anyone had these troubles on the queen? What did they do to fix it? Or perhaps are we not geared enough to do the queen?

Any advise or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

Did you corrupt the queen? ie did it have corrupted in it's name.

^ What he said. When the rock boss spawns, there's another enemy that spawns with him that runs to destroy the stones around the queen, then he despawns. If you pull and kill this mob, the queen will pop 2 adds instead of one when she impregnates (at least that was how I saw it the first time in there), making the fight a much larger pain in the ***.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    ^ What he said. When the rock boss spawns, there's another enemy that spawns with him that runs to destroy the stones around the queen, then he despawns. If you pull and kill this mob, the queen will pop 2 adds instead of one when she impregnates (at least that was how I saw it the first time in there), making the fight a much larger pain in the ***.
    No, we didn't kill that guy - we were only getting 1 pop on the impregnate spiders. It just felt like the tank was taking TONS of dmg compared to every other boss we've done (in other T1's) I have never had the tank drop below 50% in any other instance so it was shocking to see him go from 80-30 in 1 GCD.

Do you need to pull the queen OUT of the purple stuff, does that give her a dmg buff? Or does it just dmg players?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Yeah it's two at a time.

However it is the easiest way to knock out two achievements at once
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Ascendant

the fight seemed easier with a warrior tank, she does huge spikes of damage whenever she used the poison because it has an initial nonphysical nuke effect before the dot ticks, and afaik clerics dont have the level of non-physical mitigation warriors do.

when we first did it on expert as a guild we had a cleric healer and a chloromancer (i dont think a bard is enough for the big heals the boss required at that gear level) we had a dps cleric and a warrior killing the adds.

the fight took FOREVER because 170k hp is alot for a tank and a chloromancer to burn through.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    the fight seemed easier with a warrior tank, she does huge spikes of damage whenever she used the poison because it has an initial nonphysical nuke effect before the dot ticks, and afaik clerics dont have the level of non-physical mitigation warriors do.

when we first did it on expert as a guild we had a cleric healer and a chloromancer (i dont think a bard is enough for the big heals the boss required at that gear level) we had a dps cleric and a warrior killing the adds.

the fight took FOREVER because 170k hp is alot for a tank and a chloromancer to burn through.
    Ya that's kind of what I was thinking.... our bard.. is well... he's a special boy and doesn't really understand how to play a pve bard... and is kind of stubborn.. soo ya. But I would agree with you, I think if we had my normal group, DPS Warrior, Tank Warrior, healing cleric, me (chrolo, or SC depending on fight) and another mage it would have worked out better.

Thanks for the feedback.

(It's so much nicer posting in these forums then the PvP ones... )

One thing that helped us on the first clear was that everyone stood in the middle while tank kited the boss in circle around it. This way no-one had to move and it was rather easy for the tank to pick up the adds and for the healers to stay in range.

If you have melee dps make sure they don't stay behind the boss as the aoes usually drop right under her. Any unneccessary damage can and should be avoided. Also if you happend to have on OT for the adds it makes the fight quite trivial :>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    One thing that helped us on the first clear was that everyone stood in the middle while tank kited the boss in circle around it. This way no-one had to move and it was rather easy for the tank to pick up the adds and for the healers to stay in range.

If you have melee dps make sure they don't stay behind the boss as the aoes usually drop right under her. Any unneccessary damage can and should be avoided. Also if you happend to have on OT for the adds it makes the fight quite trivial :>
    Adds where not a huge issue, we never had more than 1 add up at a time. It was the pounding the tank was taking. 50% of his live in 1.5 seconds.

Telaran

As a tanking cleric i never have a problem with this fight. Just make sure everyone is in the middle, while he kites around you guys, using his range taunt, while kiting. Tell his butt to get out of the poison then taunt if he can do both.

Telaran

Last boss was hell for my group : \ We had two rouge dps, tank, and two heals, all geared with T1 armor. We get about three impregnates up, and then last boss would just suddenly insta-kill our tank, and well... everyone else dies just as fast.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber1261 View Post
    As a tanking cleric i never have a problem with this fight. Just make sure everyone is in the middle, while he kites around you guys, using his range taunt, while kiting. Tell his butt to get out of the poison then taunt if he can do both.
    What type of healing support do you have when you do this fight?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Postpwned View Post
    Last boss was hell for my group : \ We had two rouge dps, tank, and two heals, all geared with T1 armor. We get about three impregnates up, and then last boss would just suddenly insta-kill our tank, and well... everyone else dies just as fast.
    Ya same thing was happening to us!! It'd be about 3-4 impregnates and the boss would all of a sudden turn on the pain and destroy my tank.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzzy View Post
    Ya same thing was happening to us!! It'd be about 3-4 impregnates and the boss would all of a sudden turn on the pain and destroy my tank.
    I'm not sure whether it had something to do with the adds or the boss. I'd say the latter, just because the boss is such a dps race...

Shadowlander

Just make sure all the idol's are destroyed. One time we left one up and she was exponentially harder. It wasn't until we realized that one idol was still up that were were able to do her with ease.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast