+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wo else thinks scarn in expert dd is too easy now

Default wo else thinks scarn in expert dd is too easy now

Defeating Scarn used to be an achievement and meant your team had great healing, tanking , and team work. Now it just means you spent about an hour of your time finishing a dungeon

*should have been who in title, me fail English that"'s umpossible*
    Last edited by j3w3l; 04-12-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Ascendant

Didn't get to do Scarn 1.0 so not sure but ran DD twice now after it got fixed and DD feels like a tier 1 zone in comparison to the other T2's i've attempted.

Ya Scarn was reasonably challenging Blue. I haven't seen the new version, but if it felt easy than it probably got a sizable nerf.

Given the trash clear they make you do at the beginning though I think easy bosses are acceptable

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Scarn is very easy now... keeping in line with the rest of the instance. His previous difficulty was not the problem, but his location at the end of an otherwise easy dungeon was very jarring for people just starting T2. If he had been in DSM, no one would have complained or cared. Now DD fits more appropriately as a "beginner" T2 along with AP. It's a sensible change, though I do hope to see T3 5-mans at some point, to keep raising the bar.

He was always too easy.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Rift Disciple

How did he get changed, other than hitbox? His tail swipe still instakills. His firebombs now stay on the ground and continuously stun vs. how they used to be where you could walk through them after the initial blast without getting stunned. What exactly got easier about him?

Prior to the nerf:
    When going in Air Phase if properly turned he burned around 6-7 bone piles.
    After the nerf:
    When he goes into Air Phase if properly turned there are 0 bone piles ignited.

With the nerf all you need to do is run around since you wont even get killed by heat retention.
    Prior to the nerf if you had 2 healers (cleric + bard, chloro + bard) chlors and bards should be within 20m range make it a lot harder to heal as well.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    He was always too easy.
    This...

...unless he bugged and hit your tank through a wall.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    He was always too easy.
    ZOMG HI

No but really, we *try* to light fires now (to get achievement) and I find that harder then actually dying on the boss now. DD used to be fun, easy boss "oh hey this isn't bad" then scarn "#$!@%^!@#%$#!@". Was great progression for new people running T2s to experience the difficulty change.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Dropped the "old" scarn with a PuG on 2nd attempt.
    He wasn't really that hard.

But I understand the nerf, DD was never meant to be hard T2.

He was still hard for undergeared group, lol.

My first time tanking, with only 98 Toughness, killed him in 7 attempts. Chloro and Cleric had decent gear. Even had warrior and rogue doing MDPS.

Two nights ago, pug group had under-geared healers could not keep up with the damage. Scarn even bugged the room with that constant damage as you get in.

Last night, another pug group with 4 first time T2 players, could not kill the wolf boss =p
    Last edited by SanctumeSpiritstone; 04-13-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Never fought it in 1.0 but he can still kill an inexperienced group or people that dont know how to move from the fire.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post
    How did he get changed, other than hitbox? His tail swipe still instakills. His firebombs now stay on the ground and continuously stun vs. how they used to be where you could walk through them after the initial blast without getting stunned. What exactly got easier about him?
    He no longer starts the air phase at 10+ (usually 16-20) stacks. 950 damage/2 while we're running? Yeah that sort of blows.

Shadowlander

Yea it wasn't hard even before now its almost laughable. In the air phase it was ticking around 850+ dmg on the party and now its less than 200 we were like WTF whats with this nerf, Scarn feels like trash now.

He's more in line with the rest of the zone now. Beating him pre patch was an accomplishment though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast