+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plants and pollen not despawning on Greenscale

Default Plants and pollen not despawning on Greenscale

After wipes plants, pollen and greenscale's other friends aren't despawning.

This makes every failed attempt even more frustrating. Especially the multiplying pollen.

Please look into this bug Trion.

Rift Disciple

Nah man this **** is awesome

We had this happen on sunday, we put in tickets and it was fixed for our raid on monday.

Strange, we didn't have this issue Sunday.

Having to waste time with that, or having someone die to reset him since he has a bunch of stacks isn't fun either. All of these Greenscale bugs take away a lot of the enjoyment that is suppose to be present in playing a game. Before someone jumps in and says it's a MMO or something of the like; there are a bunch of bugs that should have been hammered out by now. Personally I rather see them use less gimmicky things they can't get to work 100% of the time and implement mechanics they know will work.

The Greenscale encounter has been "complete" for quite some time in Trion's eyes. AAA MMO, indeed.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    Having to waste time with that, or having someone die to reset him since he has a bunch of stacks isn't fun either. All of these Greenscale bugs take away a lot of the enjoyment that is suppose to be present in playing a game. Before someone jumps in and says it's a MMO or something of the like; there are a bunch of bugs that should have been hammered out by now. Personally I rather see them use less gimmicky things they can't get to work 100% of the time and implement mechanics they know will work.

The Greenscale encounter has been "complete" for quite some time in Trion's eyes. AAA MMO, indeed.
    The problem with them not using these "gimmicky" mechanics is that if they want to make fights different from wow/eq/etc they need to use a lot of wierd ****. While I agree that greenscale has seen its fair share of bugs its not like bosses in wow aren't nearly as bad. If you've been on the front-end of progression in any game you'd know this too, take for example during wrath XT hardmode, the first incarnation of mimiron before they fixed it so he wouldnt insta gib your raid if the head moved at all. Even recently its not like cataclysm content hasn't seen its fair share of bugs either(atramedes i'm lookin at you). Stuff breaks all the time in MMO's you just don't notice it in the other games because theres more to do typically. I agree that Trion has been hit and miss with a lot of their patches so far, but its not like they haven't been pretty quick to fix things after being informed of them.

Plane Touched

We got another **** bug tonight, sometimes Verdant Annihilator doesn't give the Essence of Life buff upon death, so it's just a free wipe....annoying as hell when it happens at the last phase of the fight.

Rift Disciple

When are we getting this ****s fixed srsly? Having to soft reset the freakin instance every 15mins due to annoying bugs is ******ed... No plants/pollens despawning, Annihilator not spawning the safe zone, Plants/brackens spawning on the tank and many more...

weird, last night was propbably the most bugfree night we have EVER seen

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrawp View Post
    The problem with them not using these "gimmicky" mechanics is that if they want to make fights different from wow/eq/etc they need to use a lot of wierd ****. While I agree that greenscale has seen its fair share of bugs its not like bosses in wow aren't nearly as bad. If you've been on the front-end of progression in any game you'd know this too, take for example during wrath XT hardmode, the first incarnation of mimiron before they fixed it so he wouldnt insta gib your raid if the head moved at all. Even recently its not like cataclysm content hasn't seen its fair share of bugs either(atramedes i'm lookin at you). Stuff breaks all the time in MMO's you just don't notice it in the other games because theres more to do typically. I agree that Trion has been hit and miss with a lot of their patches so far, but its not like they haven't been pretty quick to fix things after being informed of them.
    I'd be happy if they could get the T1/T2 bosses to consistently work without bugging.

However, I would expect a lot of bugs, if you're on the bleeding edge of raid content. I also think it's pretty clear (and I have enjoyed most of the game so far) that the 42+ content wasn't properly tested before launch. A month and a half later, a lot of it's still very inconsistent from a quality standpoint.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-14-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I'd be happy if they could get the T1/T2 bosses to consistently work without bugging.

However, I would expect a lot of bugs, if you're on the bleeding edge of raid content. I also think it's pretty clear (and I have enjoyed most of the game so far) that the 42+ content wasn't properly tested before launch. A month and a half later, a lot of it's still very inconsistent from a quality standpoint.
    Other than a lot of the 'easymode' buggy tactics you could use to negate the whole tactic of a fight (Gronik and Jultharin I'm looking at you) I haven't seen that many outright bugged 5man boss fights - excluding Caelia of course.

A lot of the achievement tracking needs to be fixed to make things feel more worthwhile though.

As for Greenscale we have next to 0 bugs on him last night with the only exception being the Verdant annihilator still deciding no to drop his 'shield' zone on some pulls.
    Founder and Guild Master of Arctic Vikings Steampike EU http://arcticvikings.guildlaunch.com

Rift Disciple

We had the pollen issue last night. Additionally, Hylas only dropped 3 items instead of 4.

Lightbulb

They need to add more bees. And a mead garden.
    I would have had more in stock but goblins murdered my supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykan View Post
    We had the pollen issue last night. Additionally, Hylas only dropped 3 items instead of 4.
    ^---what he said. same thing happened to us.

unless you're one of "us" in which case i'm just agreeing with you.

+ Reply to Thread