+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenscale Blight Bug

Shield of Telara

Default Greenscale Blight Bug

Got to love this odd 'feature' in Greenscale.

We were killing Oracle. With Oracle at ~1k health, someone got the 'bomb.' Oracle dies, we all get ported to the front of the instance and rooted. The person with the bomb runs, but we all DIE. GG Trion. This is not the first time it has happened. It was cute the first time, but now . . . it is annoying.

But wait, it gets better. The person who ran, raid rezzed us. A few people opted to respawn outside to repair. Like a nice guy, I zone out to get them. When I left, the chest, which had not been looted was sparkly. When I get back it was sparkly still. Now, some idiot, who was afk outside asked to be zoned back in. The nice guy I am, went out and zoned him back in. Now, the chest is not sparkly anymore. Ok, so I figured I lost out on plaques. Not that big of a deal. But now, the Master Looter can not assign me loot. So no plaques, no ability to have loot assigned to me.

Thanks Trion.

Plane Touched

+10

Happened to my guild, too.

Soulwalker

QQ more

That "bug" is hilarious and if you leave an instance before you get loot that's your fault.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    Got to love this odd 'feature' in Greenscale.

We were killing Oracle. With Oracle at ~1k health, someone got the 'bomb.' Oracle dies, we all get ported to the front of the instance and rooted. The person with the bomb runs, but we all DIE. GG Trion. This is not the first time it has happened. It was cute the first time, but now . . . it is annoying.

But wait, it gets better. The person who ran, raid rezzed us. A few people opted to respawn outside to repair. Like a nice guy, I zone out to get them. When I left, the chest, which had not been looted was sparkly. When I get back it was sparkly still. Now, some idiot, who was afk outside asked to be zoned back in. The nice guy I am, went out and zoned him back in. Now, the chest is not sparkly anymore. Ok, so I figured I lost out on plaques. Not that big of a deal. But now, the Master Looter can not assign me loot. So no plaques, no ability to have loot assigned to me.

Thanks Trion.
    Who the hell leaves to repair before loot is distributed? Seriously dont blame Trion for an obscure bug like that when it probably got through testing solely because of the fact that it requires someone leaving an instance before the loot is handed out. Why would that be a testing priority even? And why does no one in your raid have a Rescue Medic?

Rezzing outside to repair shouldn't ever cross the mind of a raid member. This is more player issue than game issue... like a bug that requires a boss kill, then requires someone leaving the instance twice while zoning others in shouldn't be on the list of things for Trion to fix any time soon. Inject your raid with some common sense.
    "The problem is that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the people who are most certain of them."

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Spug View Post
    Who the hell leaves to repair before loot is distributed? Seriously dont blame Trion for an obscure bug like that when it probably got through testing solely because of the fact that it requires someone leaving an instance before the loot is handed out. Why would that be a testing priority even? And why does no one in your raid have a Rescue Medic?

Rezzing outside to repair shouldn't ever cross the mind of a raid member. This is more player issue than game issue... like a bug that requires a boss kill, then requires someone leaving the instance twice while zoning others in shouldn't be on the list of things for Trion to fix any time soon. Inject your raid with some common sense.
    The repairing thing may be stupid, but releasing to get summoned in is by no means stupid - since who wants to waste a mass ress after the boss has already died?

How is this a player issue? Every single time I've killed Oracle the whole party has wiped after the TP. It was cute at first, but not so much the rest of the times. We shouldn't have to be super careful about everything we do in order to not encounter a bug, Trion should either fix the bug that's bombing us all after we kill her, or fix the loot bug.

How are people meant to know not to do this the first time they kill Oracle, hmm?

Nuka <Elventy> (Icewatch EU)

+ Reply to Thread