+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expert IT Bugged?

Telaran

Default Expert IT Bugged?

While running xIT last night, we ran into an issue that I hadn't seen before. The 2nd boss (after the spider) has all of those little "henchmen" like mobs around where he paths. (Someone else will have to provide their proper name--I'm not good with names). Usually there are 2 groups each with 6 or 7 mobs there that you can pull in 1 group at a time. However, last night both groups kept agroing when we tried to pull the closer of the 2 groups of mobs.

We probably tried for at least an hour to get them by single groups. This included our tank pulling, our mage pulling and FD'ing, and our Bard even sapping one that looked like it might be the link between the 2 groups. Nothing worked. Some groups running this might be able to handle both groups at once, but we got squished pretty good every single time. Needless to say this stopped our progress even though we had no issues with the first 2 bosses.

Just curious if this is a known issue or if maybe we were in fact doing something wrong (eve though I've ran this numerous times without this being an issue before).

Thanks in advance for any input given.

Think you mean the mobs prior to the Werewolf boss. Seen this occur when the patrol mob (big fella) seems to stop for a chat with one of the other groups. Doesn't help when the stealthed fellas are feeling a little left out too.

Previously we found we had to wipe ourselves by giving the patrol a slap and moving him away from where he'd effectively set up camp. Usually he resumed his patrol and we could pull the groups individually again. When not totally over gearing the place it's usually better to keep pulling the mobs back to the entrance of the area so as to keep the stealthed mobs from inadvertently causing additional packs to come.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Telaran

The spot I'm talking about is right at the top of the first stairs when you can either turn and go down the hall to the spider boss or go straight ahead and see the zombie boss roaming.

To clarify, he wasn't being pulled while we were still getting these groups. We were able to get him single and kill him, though. Even so, still couldn't get a single group instead of both groups.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Think you mean the mobs prior to the Werewolf boss. .
    Since when was there a werewolf in xIT? People really need to read before they post....

Re:OP's question, those two groups of zombies are not linked, however they are very likely to be pulled together. As a deep paladin tank I usually don't care if they come in half or all together, but noted there's about 70% chance for both group being pulled. This is from me pulling with throw shield on the closest mob everytime.

Plane Touched

Last night we ran into the same thing. Pulled both groups maybe 7 times in a row.
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

Rift Chaser

Yeah I've seen this too. Haven't encountered any other randomly linked pulls in experts aside from that one at Caor. My advice really is just to kill Caor, let your CDs cool, then blow them all on the zombies (or at least just focus down a couple if you think you're gonna wipe, don't think they respawn).

Soulwalker

I had this same problem this morning. We got through the pull, but it is definitely a change from a week ago. I used to be able to pull each group individually.

Sez

7 zombies isn't as tough as the bonelord, or the 3 kings... Are you guys saying you can't get past the two groups of AoE trash?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Ran it yesterday and several times in the last few days. Those two groups came separately. I've never seen them come together.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    7 zombies isn't as tough as the bonelord, or the 3 kings... Are you guys saying you can't get past the two groups of AoE trash?
    When both groups come, it's 12-14 (not sure the actual count as I was busy trying to heal at the time). Single group of 6 or 7 is no problem. 12-14 was killing our tank too fast--if I healed when I needed to keep him up I would grab agro due to the way that the mobs staggered in. If I waited to heal him until he had agro, my heal wouldn't land.

Not saying a well geared group couldn't do it, but for our average group, there were simply too many mobs when we couldn't split up the groups.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Enrick View Post
    Ran it yesterday and several times in the last few days. Those two groups came separately. I've never seen them come together.
    I hadn't before last night either. Glad I'm not the only one that's seen it at this point, though, or I'd think I was crazy or doing something wrong.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Breadmold View Post
    When both groups come, it's 12-14 (not sure the actual count as I was busy trying to heal at the time). Single group of 6 or 7 is no problem. 12-14 was killing our tank too fast--if I healed when I needed to keep him up I would grab agro due to the way that the mobs staggered in. If I waited to heal him until he had agro, my heal wouldn't land.

Not saying a well geared group couldn't do it, but for our average group, there were simply too many mobs when we couldn't split up the groups.
    The other problem is that most abilities cap out at a certain number of mobs. Tank AoE taunt can't actually hit all the zombies at once, so the first few seconds after the pull can be *really* messy.

Just tank it all, its only T1.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    Just tank it all, its only T1.
    I'd be happy totry that if there was an actual way to do this with my group. We're not fully T1/T2/Raid geared--which is why we're running T1s.

Keeping in mind what I said about the healing and agro and what Steejee said about the mobs and agro, how do you suggest we "just tank it all"? I'll certainly give anything realistic a try if we run into this problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by Breadmold View Post

If your tank can't tank 2 groups of those non-elite trash mobs, he doesn't belong in experts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast