+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discussion: Greenscale's Blight Drops

Plane Touched

Default Discussion: Greenscale's Blight Drops

I thought that I'd start this thread so that people can share opinions/bugs they've found with some of the drops from GSB. Hopefully if this thread stays on topic, devs may be able to come here to find out the test results of each of the items, since they're still quite rare.

I'd like to begin with:

Totem of Overgrowth aka. Greenscale's Left...

Drops from Lord Greenscale.

After testing it out, I've been finding that this totem's proc causes a LOT of threat. I was wondering if anyone else who has this totem would be able to post their thoughts on this.

I also dislike the way that it selects targets to heal. It seems that it's prioritising my full-hp squirrel companion over a not-so-full-hp tank pretty much every time. It'd be nice if a change could be made to the way that this totem selects targets.

Another minor thing worth pointing out is that it seems to proc from any kind of healing (regardless of the description, after testing it only procs from healing - not any ability), including when you're drinking.

More to come.

Threat? Whats that? If you get aggro your tank should be gkicked immediately.

The totem is awesome, its another Eth trinket more or less.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FatChocobo View Post
    I also dislike the way that it selects targets to heal. It seems that it's prioritising my full-hp squirrel companion over a not-so-full-hp tank pretty much every time. It'd be nice if a change could be made to the way that this totem selects targets.
    Same as trinket from Dichrom in DSM, it hits the nearest allies, and doesn't use smart-healing like typical Group Heals. Since this is the case, do not have companions out, and position yourself closer to the tank than other players, and you will always get the proc on him.

After testing it out, I've been finding that this totem's proc causes a LOT of threat. I was wondering if anyone else who has this totem would be able to post their thoughts on this.

Another minor thing worth pointing out is that it seems to proc from any kind of healing (regardless of the description, after testing it only procs from healing - not any ability), including when you're drinking..
    The totem functions in the same way as Sacred Heirloom of Eth in that it procs off anything and heals anything (heals walls, objects, non-combat pets..), and causes quite a bit of threat. We have a cleric with the offhand and, considering the very high proc rate and superior stats, a smart heal might make the totem.. perfect

Edit: In the time I wrote this, two people have already equated the totem to SHoE before me P:
    Last edited by Alektri; 04-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Alektri@Byriel
    <Nightfall>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gromph View Post
    Threat? Whats that? If you get aggro your tank should be gkicked immediately.

The totem is awesome, its another Eth trinket more or less.
    Have you ever tried this totem?

And I know that it's the same as SHoE. I'm simply saying that the threat is causes is disproportionate to the amount of healing it does.

Also, standing close to the tank isn't always viable, and even if you do - it will steal choose to heal the other melees over him a lot of the time.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 04-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Plane Touched

Chloro tome ftw!!!

I also dislike the way that it selects targets to heal. It seems that it's prioritising my full-hp squirrel companion over a not-so-full-hp tank pretty much every time.
    I'd throw you out of the raid if you had a non-combat pet out in a Greenscale raid ... especially since you know it's a problem.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Have you ever tried this totem?

And I know that it's the same as SHoE. I'm simply saying that the threat is causes is disproportionate to the amount of healing it does.

Also, standing close to the tank isn't always viable, and even if you do - it will steal choose to heal the other melees over him a lot of the time.
    Yes, we've "tried" this totem:

http://i.imgur.com/SAcKn.png
    (it's not the same SS as yours)

Maybe your tank just sucks at threat gen.?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I'd throw you out of the raid if you had a non-combat pet out in a Greenscale raid ... especially since you know it's a problem.
    Thanks for your constructive post. I clearly didn't have the pet out during the greenscale raid, it was just an observation.

And Click - have you tried it on a sentinel/justicar combo or inquisitor/justicar combo? I'd guess not.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 04-11-2011 at 11:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread