+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerned about lack of cloth armor n staff drops

Default Concerned about lack of cloth armor n staff drops

Can the devs please take a look at the loot tables , every dungeon i do and have done many experts t1/t2 all the drops are plate/chain or rings/necklaces/trinkets

Im not sure how you have set up the loot tables maybe you have it set up to drop more loot for tanks for example ?

Just have a look please

ty reagrds

Ascendant

I have noticed that drops are pretty random, but usually follow a specific type throughout the dungeon. I've had ones where almost every boss in the dungeon dropped something with cloth. I think it is just random really but the RNG seems to be biased towards one type when it generates the loot.

Ascendant

Wow...Maybe you just have really, really bad luck, because the last few experts I ran (all T1...can't vouch for T2 at all yet) dropped almost exclusively cloth/staff/wand/caster rings. We literally got one non-caster drop during one dungeon (out of something like 8-9 drops). Try Foul Cascade. I swear at least half the drops are mage/cleric loot.

Default Oh so true

I've run 7 expert dungeons in the past week and have seen 1 cloth drop. A vast majority of the items dropping seem to be plate/chain/leather with a few weapons and jewelery. Now throw in the fact that 7/7 of the runs had 2 cloth wearers and 2/7 of them were 3 cloth wearers that is a lot of frustration.

Rift Disciple

The epic cloth drops do seem extraordinarily rare as compared to the plate drops. Our 2 plate wearers in our regular group have so much purple plate we're not greeding on it all since they're both either wearing it or have it in their bags. They both have a dps set and a tanking set. In this storm of plate drops, we've gotten 1 cloth epic and 1 caster ring total. This is in about 20 instances. Granted, in the next week we could get nothing but cloth but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

We need more Rogue tank gear from Greenscale.

There are 2 epic T2 staves that I know of. One drops from the last boss in AP, the other from the 2nd to last boss in CC.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Try Foul Cascade. I swear at least half the drops are mage/cleric loot.

Hah, we just ran this (I run as rogue dps), and just about everything was mage stuff.

I'm concerned about your lack of patience

For me its not so much that cloth armor doesnt drop, just none of its better than what Im wearing, or its only a couple stats mixed around. Im having problems finding a staff though. Ive only seen 3 people so far with the Will of Totek, one being a guildie. I wouldnt mind that none are dropping if I could at least purchase the one artificer's can make but no one has the plaques.
    "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Im with the OP on this. Had a free 7 days so was doing T1 + T2 everyday (6-7 experts daily) with my group and all we got for whole days were either leather dps/tanking gears,some plates and chain stuffs. ONE TIME cloth gloves dropped from Scarn and thats it.

Something is definetely wrong here

As long as there are MMOs people will make claims of unfair RNGs because they've come to a conclusion with a small sample-size.

It is virtually always the case that anything strange you notice with drop regularity and bias is purely due to luck.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

Shield of Telara

Agreed with the original poster, I have been doing t1's for the past 2 weeks and have yet to see ONE cloth drop. I have seen jewelry, wands etc.. drop but not one piece of cloth.

Of course last night there wasnt a single problem with chain dropping in IT. Every boss that was killed dropped chain.

And the dungeon before that was almost all leather.

The trick to getting cloth to drop...is to not have any cloth wearers in your group.

Ok seriously though, whenever we run KB it always seems to be mostly Caster/cleric gear. The purple wand (living twig or something like that) drops in there, the wolf totem, etc. IT is also a good one for caster stuff. I, a cleric, got the purple staff Will of Totek on my first run through (as I said the trick is to have no mages which is why I got it ) and some really nice purple cloth pants dropped off of the 3 Kings (again no mages around). Many other caster blues and some purples have dropped in both instances but those are the most notable I can recall.

Seriously though, those do seem to be the 2 dungeons where I see the most caster items drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Velsu View Post
    Something is definetely wrong here
    Yes, what's wrong is people don't understand RNG.

For every mage who's run 10 expert dungeons without a single cloth drop, there's one who got a dozen drops. Guess which one is more likely to post about it on the boards.

There could very well be some weird drop rate numbers on certain items, or maybe some issues with how loot is seeded based on who enters the instance first, who the group leader is, the time, etc. But it's far more likely that people are just getting unlucky, which is why so many people hate RNG loot systems.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread