+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenscale Blight - Oracle Aleria - How to & Kill

Telaran

Default Greenscale Blight - Oracle Aleria - How to & Kill

twitch.tv/towelliee
    Towelliee - Deepwood Riftstalker Rogue

Plane Touched

Very informative video. Thanks for posting it, and congrats on the kill.

Plane Touched

Nice video and congrats, but there's really no need to kite the Necrotic. Stick him in the middle of a wall and heal thru the damage it's VERY manageable. Just have 1 chloro and 1clr heal the melee Werewolf tank since he takes considerably less dmg if your melee is killing wisps in phase 1 and going back to boss.

We usually run 2chloros,4clrs, and 1bard (probably to many healers imo for this fight) and Oracle is by far the easiest of all the bosses in this raid zone.
    Last edited by Pwncakes; 04-11-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Plane Touched

Looking at the videos(this one and others) are we actually the only guild that does this fight as intended, by kiting the werewolf outside the hedge so he's slowed? Seems kinda weird that he primes a target and gets movement immunity inside the room but slowed outside, yet you can just tank him and he does less dmg than the other one even. Oh well whatever.

Yeah, we never kite the other wolf. Never tank swap either. Odd strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Looking at the videos(this one and others) are we actually the only guild that does this fight as intended, by kiting the werewolf outside the hedge so he's slowed? Seems kinda weird that he primes a target and gets movement immunity inside the room but slowed outside, yet you can just tank him and he does less dmg than the other one even. Oh well whatever.
    I'm unsure why you would think kiting is the way it was intended. If it CAN be tanked...why would it be considered "not as intended"? If anything, kiting him is just an option for raid groups that may not have very good tanks. Or may not have GEARED tanks capable of taking the hits.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by spike66 View Post
    Yeah, we never kite the other wolf. Never tank swap either. Odd strat.
    Yep, its a remake of a outdated strat of wich theres a couple of videos about it already.

But i guess it depends on how skilled your healers and tanks are, and how much raid dps u got.
    Having alternative strategies are always a good thing, but i dont get it why they decide to make it seem more 'complicated' then it has to be unless they dont have the above.

Ps: a player still having the bomb after the kill happend to us also, it was just hilarious.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    I'm unsure why you would think kiting is the way it was intended. If it CAN be tanked...why would it be considered "not as intended"? If anything, kiting him is just an option for raid groups that may not have very good tanks. Or may not have GEARED tanks capable of taking the hits.
    But you don't really need good gear to tank it. The fact it primes someone as a target(not necessarily a tank you can put whoever you want), and only moves faster than players while inside the little arena kinda makes it look like the intended way is to kite him, not stand there and tank through his stuff. Similarly though, the healing debuff should be an incentive to tank swap on both oracle and greenscale. Most people don't. I'm not saying it's like an exploit, just that I doubt that's the intended way considering the mechanics at work on these fights. Consider it this way. That's all I'm saying, fight is easy either way, and easier/faster if you tank him so no reason not to, was just wondering if other people kite it too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    But you don't really need good gear to tank it. The fact it primes someone as a target(not necessarily a tank you can put whoever you want), and only moves faster than players while inside the little arena kinda makes it look like the intended way is to kite him, not stand there and tank through his stuff. Similarly though, the healing debuff should be an incentive to tank swap on both oracle and greenscale. Most people don't. I'm not saying it's like an exploit, just that I doubt that's the intended way considering the mechanics at work on these fights. Consider it this way. That's all I'm saying, fight is easy either way, and easier/faster if you tank him so no reason not to, was just wondering if other people kite it too.
    I was surprised that no information I could find on this fight mentioned that heal debuff. The attempt before the one in the video we wiped at 15% because Loit got the debuff while he had a cov cooldown debuff on him (bad coordination on our part, someone popped cov when he started tanking Aleria and he got the heal debuff about 40ish seconds in) and we couldn't keep him up, then Strays picked it up and immediately got the debuff as well at which point Aleria had too many stacks. I hate seeing a normal 4k heal hit for < 1k, it makes me cry.

In this attempt we had a 3rd tank just in case (don't really need 3, but it can't hurt because it's not too much of a DPS race) and we held covs until the heal debuff and it didn't look like we needed the swap too much. We did fail to identify who would take the swap each time (Strays -> Towel -> Loit, intended I believe) so Strays almost died when he pulled it off Towel, lol :\.

I wish Towel would post my epic fail @ first pull. "Help!" ... ... ... .. BOOM. "Oh ****, sorry guys ."

+ Reply to Thread