+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buy T1 gear or save for T2?

Rift Disciple

Default Buy T1 gear or save for T2?

Just wondering what everyone else did. This is assuming I already have 150+ hit or 100+ toughness to fight T2 dungeons. I have yet to do a T2.

Ascendant

I bought the t1 gear simply because they were cheap and mostly big upgrades. T2 gear looks like a lot of saving to be able to buy 1 piece where I could buy multiple t1 pieces for that amount.

Rift Disciple

This is true, but then if it is super expensive, why not save anyways if you have to get it eventually?

just grind the crap out of it 24-7
    do all the quests, pick one run and get superfast at it
    you know you want it and its only a matter of time before you decide to start getting it so start now
    who took my names!

Buy the T1 then save for T2 or don't bother with it at all...T2 isn't a major upgrade from T1 imo

Quote Originally Posted by The Kanos View Post
    Buy the T1 then save for T2 or don't bother with it at all...T2 isn't a major upgrade from T1 imo
    Like everyone else has said. Buy the T1. It's generally a significant upgrade.

T2 is poorly itemized in many cases with chain being some of the worst. Basically, buy the T2 if you need it. In many cases though, purple drops from RD, DD, CC and AP will be of equal or better quality though. Also, if you do the Saga of the Endless, the only redeeming part of the entire chian is the t2.5 equivalent head slot reward you get after you complete the expert and raid rifts in Stillmoor.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Champion of Telara

http://oi56.tinypic.com/t5k67o.jpg here are some comparsion of t2 gear from pre 1.1.
    t1/t2 cost ratio changed a bit, but stats are the same.
    basically all non toughness/hit t2 items does not worth plaq.
    and after recent 100 more items for expert dungeons, it may be not worth to get any t2 items at all. On our first RD run after that patch we saw 3 38 toughness items drop.
    you got 100+20 toughness just from t1 items. then you can upgrade by just collecting t2 drops.
    the only thing i upgraded with t2 plaq item was my chest because i had leather crafted chest, so it was still some good upgrade for me and i lost roll on cc chest drop which is better than t2 right before that.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Champion

It's weird, when I went to plan out what I wanted to get on my dps warrior, I found that most of the gear wasn't much better, and some of it was even worse than the T1 stuff. Dropping crit and putting half as much attack on an item makes it less useful, why they cost 5 times as much, I dunno.

aux

Save up for the T2 gloves first. They add Focus or Hit, which none of the other pieces do, and it's your most important stat at that point.

Most of the T2 stuff that drops is better than your T2 anyways...

Just farm T2s, and buy the pieces you need.
    Old school raid

pvp

+ Reply to Thread