+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GSB : Duke Letareus Bug!

Soulwalker

Default GSB : Duke Letareus Bug!

Although everyone in the guild has sent a ticket and reported this problem as a bug, I wanted to find out if anyone else is currently facing the same problem we are during the Duke Letareus encounter.

This normally happens during the second kiting phase, however it has also happened during the first kiting phase. Everyone in the raid begins to slowly lag to a point where the encounter is simply unplayable leading to a wipe. Now, sometimes when we wipe the boss resets and all that good stuff, however sometimes everyone in the raid gets teleported to the beginning of the zone resetting it having to reclear all the trash mobs again only to experience the same problem once we reach Duke Letareus again. Now we tried this on Friday/Saturday and today Sunday. Today however on our first encounter the lag was very minimal but playable, while we almost got him down it eventually ended in a wipe at about 10%. We thought the problem might have been fixed since this last update/restart but when we tried it again it was back to the unplayable state and it resetting.

While I am sure the majority of the playerbase probably have not encounter this problem since Wednesday is normally when the majority of the guilds probably clear it, I wanted to know if anyone else out there is currently in the same situation as us. Thank you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Temarie View Post
    Although everyone in the guild has sent a ticket and reported this problem as a bug, I wanted to find out if anyone else is currently facing the same problem we are during the Duke Letareus encounter.

This normally happens during the second kiting phase, however it has also happened during the first kiting phase. Everyone in the raid begins to slowly lag to a point where the encounter is simply unplayable leading to a wipe. Now, sometimes when we wipe the boss resets and all that good stuff, however sometimes everyone in the raid gets teleported to the beginning of the zone resetting it having to reclear all the trash mobs again only to experience the same problem once we reach Duke Letareus again. Now we tried this on Friday/Saturday and today Sunday. Today however on our first encounter the lag was very minimal but playable, while we almost got him down it eventually ended in a wipe at about 10%. We thought the problem might have been fixed since this last update/restart but when we tried it again it was back to the unplayable state and it resetting.

While I am sure the majority of the playerbase probably have not encounter this problem since Wednesday is normally when the majority of the guilds probably clear it, I wanted to know if anyone else out there is currently in the same situation as us. Thank you.
    Yes, this encounter is only possible if you nail it within maybe the first 8 attempts, then this exact bug will catch up with you. Our raid group has reported what we believe to be the root of the problem - Shambler aoe particles. Today we got it 2nd try after suffering through numerous lag wipes last week.

8 tries ? be happy over that, we get max 2 tries with our raid before we have to reset the dungeon and clear trash agian. Lag, unresponsive frogs, goo fields that dont actually work.

They need to sort this one out asap, having the entry lvl raid boss feel this frustrating and annoying (not hard) due to bugs is just poor.
    Harkain:.
    .:Admin | Precept
    www.precept.cc

I've yet to experience this issue.

What servers are you all playing on?

In our first run of the instance last night it took us a good 10-15 tries to get him, the only issues we faced were invisible pools from the shamblers.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    In our first run of the instance last night it took us a good 10-15 tries to get him, the only issues we faced were invisible pools from the shamblers.
    We had issues with people unable to see the Shamblers, and problems with the kiting phase due to puddle issues. Our first two attempts we wiped from our own mistakes and our 3rd attempt we wiped at 5% or so, and then had a lot of random hiccups after that.

We did have it completely reset early once too with the full raid alive. It would reset randomly other times but most of those times it seemed to happen during a wipe.

This was a Saturday night raid.

Soulwalker

Well apart from the main problem were facing, we've also encountered some of the above problems. Sometimes shamblers could not bee seen until we were like 5meters near it, poison won't show sometimes, other times the Duke would just run pass the poison cloud without being affected by it and we would have to redirect it into it again for him to receive the slow effect. Now please keep in mind that this is an encounter that has been cleared multiple times by us and only this week are noticing some of these new problems. Hoping there's a fix for it soon, because in it's current state it's simply not doable.

Rift Disciple

Same issues on Seastone 4/10. Started out working fine but as attempts passed the shamblers were unable to be seen unless right upon them and the cloud that slows duke had issues with actually snaring him.

Been clearing this for at least 4 weeks now, and have never encountered any of the above bugs.
    Last edited by Froster; 04-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Wait, people actually wipe to this boss?

Got the server first for keeping It clean couple days ago, and was suprised since others had downed Greenscale already.

The freaking effect issues on every boss in the game.
    I mean come on, important AoEs/other abilities that you can't SEE.
    And no response from Trion whatsoever in fixing the fecking spell effects!
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Kalivos View Post
    I've yet to experience this issue.

What servers are you all playing on?
    Yup, not enough information, although I have seen RotF servers connected to Greybriar do something similar last week.

It's interesting that the main game 1-49 was very stable during leveling and the T1/T2/Raid content servers seem to be very inconsistent, which is overly frustrating when it's the only content to do and you have to re-run the same content over and over again.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread