+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Updated T2 ungeon difficulty list!

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default Updated T2 ungeon difficulty list!

In order of least to most difficult.

Dark Delvings- Scarn is now a pushover and the other bosses are a cakewalk.

Abyssal Precipice- Icetalon and Majolic may give some groups problems but not all that difficult.

Runic Decent- Rictus and Atro have their moments of difficulty. Eliam is very easy.

CC- Caelia is still a buggy POS but can be beaten everytime with good coordination.

DSM- Some braggarts and trolls will argue this is easy but nobody can make the argument it is easier than any other T2.

There you go. If you are new to T2 I suggest farming the first bosses in any of these. ESPECIALLY AP and CC. Lots of good gear to get from them.
    Last edited by TheGreatGoogly; 04-10-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post

DSM- Some braggarts and trolls will argue this is easy but nobody can make the argument it is easier than any other T2.
    The only boss with any level of difficulty in there is Gatekeeper, and after you've downed him once he becomes a push over. Every other boss in there is a complete cake walk. Trash pulls in the laser rooms tend to cause the majority of issues from groups in my experience. I would actually argue that CC is more difficult with the buggy final boss than DSM is.

Plane Walker

DSM is pretty easy, just long with some tough trash pulls.

Telaran

If your geared decently and your group has done the gatekeeper before its not as bad ofc, but its still one of the worst bosses. The laser at the last boss of DSM does bug out sometimes where the laser will aggro thru the wall while you are still being knocked back.

If your considering a group that has 5 ppl going to a new particular dungeon for the first time, DSM is definitely the worst

The last boss in CC isn't that bad...even if you group gets hit with the aoe you can still move out of the way and not die unless your group has people with poor reaction speeds. Mage armor buffs help survivability. We downed the last boss with 3/4 emote skills bugging and hitting us when she was facing the opposite direction; all 5 group members survived all 3 of them.

Koe

DD > DSM > AP > RD > CC

Easiest > Hardest. Switch DD and DSM with old Scarn, who was still easy.

I would actually say DSM is the easiest, it's just long. Only "hard" boss is Gatekeeper, and even then if you have a heal debuff you're golden.

Edit: CC is only the hardest because of Gronik, and people too stupid to realize the mechanic on the last boss. She always turns clockwise. If you get hit, move right for 1 rotation them move left. If you don't get hit, move left. Don't trust the graphic. It's not hard.
    Last edited by Koe; 04-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Rift Chaser

dps checks are the worst checks of all

Agree with the order, but maybe RD harder then CC. Rictus and Atrophnius vs Caelia. First 4 bosses we one shotted them when we went there. ~2 wipe on the dps race guy and some wipes on Caelia.
    Caelia becomes trivial after everybody has done it 1-2 times.

On Rictus you can wipe fairly easy and Atrophnius can be bad if : tank isn't geared enough to last trough the damage frenzy ( 4-5 x 2.5k hits ), healers aren't fast enough and geared enough especially after purple phase and dps, needs to be also good to down the adds asap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    In order of least to most difficult.

Dark Delvings- Scarn is now a pushover and the other bosses are a cakewalk.

Abyssal Precipice- Icetalon and Majolic may give some groups problems but not all that difficult.

Runic Decent- Rictus and Atro have their moments of difficulty. Eliam is very easy.

CC- Caelia is still a buggy POS but can be beaten everytime with good coordination.

In CC Caelia is still bugged, but its just her animation! Her damage goes clockwise every time as far as I can tell, so you only have to get your group to not freak out when her beam hits you when it should have moved somewhere else! Just follow clockwise and you win! Some of the bosses required decent group DPS, and you either need great healers or a brain for the second boss.

I haven't done DD in a while, the last boss was a small challenge but it has been nerfed?

DSM just takes forever and has annoying trash. The last boss requires high HPS on the tank. You need someone who knows how to interrupt to make it much easier. A small positioning issue on one boss, but unless its a crit even your DPS will live if they fail.

AP is just easy. The only problems we had were the random 1-shot crits from the bird, which has been fixed I guess.

RD first boss and fourth boss require a brain/dps/heals.

So I would say none of them are way easier than the others except for AP.

AP
    DD
    DSM/CC/RD

That's my opinion on difficulty.
    Last edited by Magenta; 04-11-2011 at 12:43 AM.

DSM is not by any means technically difficult but by ranking it as the hardest you are acknowleding it has the highest gear requirements on at least the tank (**** hits hard). Plutonus is by far the hardest hitting t2 boss in the game, and no im not talking about his lazers or his pound, just his straight up normal hits.

That being said I aggree with the OP if he is ranking by gear reqs if ranked by technicalaity DSM would drop down the list in a hurry.

Telaran

DD = Darkening Deeps...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaruis View Post
    DSM is not by any means technically difficult but by ranking it as the hardest you are acknowleding it has the highest gear requirements on at least the tank (**** hits hard). Plutonus is by far the hardest hitting t2 boss in the game, and no im not talking about his lazers or his pound, just his straight up normal hits.

That being said I aggree with the OP if he is ranking by gear reqs if ranked by technicalaity DSM would drop down the list in a hurry.
    +1.

The rankings here are somewhat stupid, and the trolls are moronic.

You do not rate T2s on a scale of difficulty for T2/T3 geared people. You rank them for gear-appropriate players (massive outgearing has no place in difficulty discussion).

DSM is by far the hardest T2. The first guy is simple, but he hits hard after he reforms, really hard. Much harder than most other T2 bosses. The second guy has to be interrupted every-single-****ing-time on death blast or your tank dies. He also has an immune phase that, without enough dps, means tank loses aggro = wipe. This is a simple gear check. Most undergeared players have serious problems here, and it almost requires 2 healers to keep the tank up gimping your DPS capability. The third is a dance and awareness in close quarters. If you have the DoT, you need to position yourself while being aware that you may be in range of 1 then 2 knockbacks that do 80% of your health (unless you're the tank) and might knock you off the platform. The damage is not too bad as long as people aren't bad with the DoT or have bad awareness for the knockbacks. It requires coordination and is more difficult because of this than most T2 bosses. Gatekeeper is a comp check and an awareness check. Ranged should always stand to 1 side of the room, whoever gets a fire crystal should run up the side of the ramp and the other ranged should run to the other side of the room, this minimizes the chances that anyone is affected by its burst. If it drops @ tank, melee get away because tank can eat it. For water/wind, not as big a deal but he hits REALLY hard during wind phase. Earth, debuff or chloro heal-strip it. You have to do this or the fight is incredibly long and requires a LOT of dps. This is a lot of work to down 1 boss, and this is harder than most other T2 bosses (outside of DSM, if you haven't picked up the trend by now).

Dichrom is free loot. <3 SHoEs. The next guy is a straight-up DPS race. The adds hurt too, a mage with a good storm build should make it cake though, and during the crystal phase, even the healer can DPS. For undergeared people, the 3rd crystal may be really hard to get down before the wipe. Yet another DPS check -- there are precious few of them in totality from expert content. And finally Plutonus.. he hits REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY ****ing hard. You must, must, must have 2-3 healers if you are not overgeared for this. Other than that, it's a tank and spank as long as you know: get out of aoe stomp, position yourself right, and stay out of lasers (both sets). Lots of coordination, awareness, positioning, and heavily heal intensive on the tank. This is easily harder than most non-DSM T2 bosses.

Yes, once you have a group with good gear, great specs, and have run it 5+ times, it's SUPER EASY to get through and 1-shot every time. But I can say the same for CC, AP, RD, and DD. We 1-shot them with ease every single time too. You're over-geared, you've memorized the mechanics and dances. Ofc they're easy now. YOU ARE NOT RANKING THIS FOR YOU.

Morons.

I've only finished 3 of them so far, but I would say...

RD > CC > DSM (easiest to hardest, out of what I've finished)

I can't honestly think of any challenging boss in RD once you know the mechanics. Toughest part of CC is Gronik. Just finished DSM last night and there are a few bosses that are definitely PITAs. I think we'll do better next time through, though.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Champion

Why are people having difficulty with Gronik? Kill right harpy, kill him, kill left harpy. Caelia is beatable even with the bug; stack on her and run through to play it safe. Unless you're on a 6 year old computer and running minimum specs (like I have to) there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to survive a few hits.

Rictus sucks because of visibility issues. Too many trees or line of sight issues just tick me off. Atrophnius is one of those fights that is being overly complicated for no good reason. Huddle around one pillar, line of sight his big attack, let him walk around to you. Why groups insist on using both pillars and taking chances with the charge is beyond me.

Gatekeeper is annoying because of the lack of visual cues for knowing if you're far enough away from the crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Why are people having difficulty with Gronik? Kill right harpy, kill him, kill left harpy. Caelia is beatable even with the bug; stack on her and run through to play it safe. Unless you're on a 6 year old computer and running minimum specs (like I have to) there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to survive a few hits.

Rictus sucks because of visibility issues. Too many trees or line of sight issues just tick me off. Atrophnius is one of those fights that is being overly complicated for no good reason. Huddle around one pillar, line of sight his big attack, let him walk around to you. Why groups insist on using both pillars and taking chances with the charge is beyond me.

Gatekeeper is annoying because of the lack of visual cues for knowing if you're far enough away from the crystals.
    Or you could kill Gronik, loot his corpse, dance around a bit, cuss at not having shoulders, and then kill the harpies when youre done with all the other things....

Caelia is all about stacking the adds properly

Rictus get a warrior w/ a paragon spec

Atrophinus just have atank that can run out and charge in and dispell the numbnuts that cant hide

Gatekeeper, bring a chloro w/ blight and collect loots.

Yea tbh I'm kinda sad with some of the changes to scarn, before it seemed at least decently challenging to coordinate your group to stack and move together to avoid heat indexes... now after the heat index nerfs having your group randomly run around is much more viable than it was, as one-two group healers can pretty easily heal through the heat index dots generated, we went from having like 8 heat index to 2 now on moving through stacks. He is kinda a pushover now, buggy moments aside (like the stun coming in immediately on the fireball, and him putting one of our tanks into a wall hehe).

I actually agree with a lot of the op posts opinions on the dungeons tbh.
    Last edited by Inixia; 04-11-2011 at 11:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast