+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ****blocks go in early, not late

Shadowlander

Default ****blocks go in early, not late

you'd think scott would know better. here we are a bit over a month in and the hardcores have eaten the content and unsubbed out of boredom, while trion buffs up t1/t2 bosses so casuals and pugs get frustrated mashing their faces against a keyboard to beat bosses that were steamrolled by the hardcores on easy mode.

remember eq? vex thal? the rathe council?

you see, you make the game TOO HARD at launch so the uberguilds, the serious business players, you let THEM beat their faces against the keyboard. they love that. they love the challenge and when they FINALLY beat it (after threats to leave the game and turn their site into the next mmorpg fansite) and have it on farm status, THEN you make it easier so johnny-has-a-job-and-wants-to-unwind-after-work can get a bit of challenge and some loot which is now slightly outdated by expansion pack 1.

buffing rd and kb and so on you've got things ***** backward. you provided too little challenge for mr. i'm_at_college_with_time_to_play and now too much for mr. i_just_want_a_beer_and_fun_after_work

i'm sure you'll make gsb harder in a month when the ubers have farmed that too then what? your expansion ready yet?

Sez

Fixes =/= nerfs

Call me johnny-has-a-job AND is happy with the difficulty of t1 and t2.

T1 is all farm status, and only certain technical T2 bosses are tough, and usually because its a pug group.

I can get 40+ plaques in < 3 hours. The hardcore guys were getting that much farming ALL DAY before the patches.

So, slightly tougher boss + more reward - time spent = a good thing
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by disarray1 View Post
    you'd think scott would know better. here we are a bit over a month in and the hardcores have eaten the content and unsubbed out of boredom, while trion buffs up t1/t2 bosses so casuals and pugs get frustrated mashing their faces against a keyboard to beat bosses that were steamrolled by the hardcores on easy mode.

you see, you make the game TOO HARD at launch so the uberguilds, the serious business players, you let THEM beat their faces against the keyboard. they love that. they love the challenge and when they FINALLY beat it (after threats to leave the game and turn their site into the next mmorpg fansite) and have it on farm status, THEN you make it easier so johnny-has-a-job-and-wants-to-unwind-after-work can get a bit of challenge and some loot which is now slightly outdated by expansion pack 1.

buffing rd and kb and so on you've got things ***** backward. you provided too little challenge for mr. i'm_at_college_with_time_to_play and now too much for mr. i_just_want_a_beer_and_fun_after_work

i'm sure you'll make gsb harder in a month when the ubers have farmed that too then what? your expansion ready yet?
    I honestly think you hit the nail squarely on the head with this one, but I'll get flamed for saying it so WTH.
    Mong Grel
    Happiness is a Warm AC20
    EQ/DAoC/SWG/WOW/EQ2/EVE/Shadowbane/LOTRO/PotBS/WAR/AION/RIFT
    Vista Ultimate x64 Asus P6T7 I7 D0 920@3.8 TRUE Copper 3x2G Corsair 1600 2x Core216GTX260 3xWD Raptor150 R0 Areca 1210 4x1TB WD RE3's Antec CP-850 PSU Antec 1200 modded

Quote Originally Posted by disarray1 View Post

I agree,it needs to be harder then nerf it downwards.You want to keep the hardcores around for as long as possible,then nerf before most advanced casuals/casuals get to said content.This method works.

Hopefully Trion will get it sooner then later!

+ Reply to Thread