+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Make Scarn easier?

Soulwalker

Default Why Make Scarn easier?

This has got to be one of the worst decisions ever...

Scarn used to be a fun fight... a tough guy...

Now.... people who are doing DD for the first time are ONE SHOTTING HIM. That's right one shotting.

As a veteran of t2 dungeons (3 weeks in running), I found scarn to be Very tough when I did my first couple of run... We would wipe and wipe and wipe. Before the patch I had gotten much better, and we would one shot him (sometimes we wiped once in a while depending on what happens and people's positions)... Now... its not even a challenge... he became the easiest boss in Darkening Depths...

You call this t2? Oh come on...

MAKE HIM TOUGHER. I'm seeing countless of people completing DD and saying last boss was cake, last boss was easy...(first timers)

Whenever I heard this I squirm and imagine how these people would react if Scarn wasn't nerfed. SCARN WAS GOOD THE WAY HE WAS.

DD shoudln't be called t2 anymore...
    Last edited by Parosh; 04-09-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Lol, he was never actually hard. I agree though, buff him or make it a T1.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Scarn wasn't hard with 2 healers, 2 dps and 1 tank in tier 1 gear?
    Please, don't talk crap...
    It was hard as hell.
    It required very good execution by all the players (watching agrro with the fireballs). With stacks getting well above 12 every time (6+ after knockback if you have him in good position, 10 otherwise) noone could get hit by the fireball.
    Of course if you were talking about cheesing this boss with 3 healers at least don't say he was easy...
    As it is not, it is the easiest fight ever.
    Stacks don't go above 6 (if you tank him near the portal he wont ignite anything...).
    Due to low stack damage (350) even if you get hit you can get focus healed.

It is just stupid now.

Rift Disciple

2 healers 2 dps 1 tank was easy in T1 gear, 1 healer was hard, hard enough we couldn't do it anyway but almost as soon as we swapped to 2 healers we got it, you just need to keep some aoe heals up.

Of course the 5.5k VK shield helped at the time.

Cause there slwoly being like WoW making everything easy mode...*sigh*

Rift Chaser

His tank damage is no joke, though on our first kill everyone in the group got the achievement for not being hit by smoldering bones or w/e so any change to that was irrelevant. What else did they do to him?

Telaran

When he flies up, he no longer lights 10+ bone piles. His fireball disorient, which was pretty much a guaranteed death, is now disspellable.

We tried him last night, for the 10 fire achievement, and could not get him to light more than 5 piles at a time... There is no longer any more aoe damage concerns, nor a possibility of an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustuf View Post
    When he flies up, he no longer lights 10+ bone piles. His fireball disorient, which was pretty much a guaranteed death, is now disspellable.

We tried him last night, for the 10 fire achievement, and could not get him to light more than 5 piles at a time... There is no longer any more aoe damage concerns, nor a possibility of an achievement.
    That sounds like a bug.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread