+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugged special effects for boss AOE's - CC and RD

Rift Disciple

Default Bugged special effects for boss AOE's - CC and RD

I don't think everyone experiences this (or maybe they do? please confirm)

but last night i had two reproducable issues

-rictus AOE spell (one that ticks you for 1k) consistently failed to appear. it wouldn't happen all the time, i would say 33% of the time. i would tick for damage and would have to guess which way to go to get out of it since i couldn't see it. caused my group to wipe, they got pissed at me

-celia the stormtouched. not as big of a deal, but happened every fight as well. her cone lightning aoe after each phase also failed to show SOMETIMES. however, i notice that once it fails to show, it won't show again for the rest of the fight unless you wipe and restart the fight.

i have a very good rig and nearly maxed out graphics settings

anyone else confirm to have the same issue? did trion acknowledge it?

Rift Disciple

these have been happening steadily since release, not consistently but usually someone in my group can't see the aoe's on any given boss, i'm probably used to dealing with it enough now that we just do it by "if taking damage, move" its more reliable than presuming the aoe graphics will show up.
    Last edited by Derath; 04-09-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Trion doesn't care about this issue. Many complaints, zero replies.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Derath View Post
    these have been happening steadily since release, not consistently but usually someone in my group can't see the aoe's on any given boss, i'm probably used to dealing with it enough now that we just do it by "if taking damage, move" its more reliable than presuming the aoe graphics will show up.
    maybe im just not good at micro-managing, but especially on the rictus fight where you get pulled in, front cleaved, moved around, and THEN the invisible aoe on top of that all the while spamming your combos and keeping your dps up (as a rogue), i just sometimes miss the damage ticks.

by the time i realize it, i have to guess the direction to go (since you are never sure where the center of the AOE is if it's INVISIBLE) and sometimes it's the wrong guess and i end up running a diameter through the aoe

sorry trion, this is just not acceptable

I haven't had any problems seeing things and I run an old 8800GTS on medium settings. I know guildies who have and I think it's related to running on lower end hardware like laptops.

Re-logging should solve the problem.

A simple way to solve the CC issue is to just put an 8 over someone's head who can see the lightning and then just stack on them. Even though I can see the lightning, it's not always clear what direction she's facing, so I usually ignore the graphic and just stack on the 8 anyway.

I also believe they changed Rictus. Does he still DoT? I thought they removed that and added the targeted ground effect. I know that he does the pbaoe ground stomp right after he pulls everyone in, so that's basically the only time you have to run away. Once the tank gets knocked back, you can just move back in.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Its complete ****ing ********. Trion fix your crap. i have 3 280 GTX's in SLI and this **** happens in a ton of fights, RD first boss, CC last boss, CC Cyclorax, Prince Hylas, Infiltrator Johlen.

For mechanics that one shot people or do very high damage IT NEEDS TO ****ING SHOW UP EVERY TIME.
    Dreadnaught - Lvl. 50 - T2 Warrior Tank
    Ashmaker - Rogue - Lvl. 50
    Ultimate - Mage - Lvl. 50 - PvP Pyro
    < Paradox >

DUKE [x] | INFILTRATOR [x] | ORACLE [x] | HYLAS [x] | GREENSCALE [ ]

Going to bump all the effect related topics untill we get a reply :>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aventh View Post
    Its complete ****ing ********. Trion fix your crap. i have 3 280 GTX's in SLI and this **** happens in a ton of fights, RD first boss, CC last boss, CC Cyclorax, Prince Hylas, Infiltrator Johlen.

For mechanics that one shot people or do very high damage IT NEEDS TO ****ING SHOW UP EVERY TIME.
    Caps mean serious business I hear.

Soulwalker

I'd like to confirm that caelia's aoe lightning sometimes doesn't render, and sometimes when it does, it's either 90 degrees out of phase with the actual damage area or 180 degrees out of phase with the damage area.

I'd also confirm about the RD boss and his aoe ground patches not rendering either. It happen to me and to another guildie I was running with, so something more than just client-side graphics rendering is going on here.

Then there's bug with plutonus, but I won't say any more than that. I actually kinda like that bug - it's funny as hell.

Rictus is basically not doable as melee until the invisible aoe patches get fixed.

I have shader effects on 8/10 and I've never had any problems seeing the AoEs whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread