+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regarding the hit cap for Greenscale's

Default Regarding the hit cap for Greenscale's

Just kind of looking for input from other guilds.

We were believing that the hit/focus cap is 44% (220 hit/focus), but people in my guild with 44-46% have still been saying they've been having missed attacks. I'm personally at 246 hit and I've not noticed a single miss. Could it be that the people are relying on talents to make up the remainder of their hit and they talents just aren't working right? Or is there always a chance for our auto attack hits to miss or some other such shenanigans?

Plane Touched

You don't get resists/misses at 220, on the dot. With that said, parsers, especially ACT, will parse "misses" for certain particular events. For example, if you move and interupt a spellcast, it counts as a miss(technically it shows as interupts if you look the details, but in the sum up it's a miss). Then on some fights, for example on Infiltrator, when you hit him when he's moving toward the bomb or during the bomb when he's teleporting around if you do an AE, you'll get Immune, which also counts as a miss in the sum up thingie. Once you consider these 2, generally you should see a 100%hit results.

Plane Touched

One of our rogues was 100% last week.

14900 swings. 14900 hits exactly. Will tell you when I talk with him.
    All on Lord Green btw

Alright, thanks guys.

it's definitely 44% o_O
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    it's definitely 44% o_O
    That's what I was siding with. But a couple of people were saying they're capped and still missing. So they're either going off of a combat parser and seeing misses from interrupts like someone stated, or they are just... not actually hit capped.

Shadowlander

I still get resists at 244 focus. I posted about in the mage forum, but it seems to be a 5% resist rate that we can't get rid of. Maybe I'll try putting on all my focus gear next time (like 280), but I doubt its going to help. The resist rate for me was the same at 200, 211, and 244.

Edit: This is from watching it in game and then checking the combat log to see how many times it happened.
    Last edited by Ce1eron; 04-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ce1eron View Post
    I still get resists at 244 focus. I posted about in the mage forum, but it seems to be a 5% resist rate that we can't get rid of. Maybe I'll try putting on all my focus gear next time (like 280), but I doubt its going to help. The resist rate for me was the same at 200, 211, and 244.

Edit: This is from watching it in game and then checking the combat log to see how many times it happened.
    I don't play a caster, so I'm not 100% certain (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong)..

Misses=/=Spell Resists.

Plane Touched

I Run with 203 focus and ive seen 2 resists in 3 weeks, both in the first 3 seconds of the barrel phase on infiltrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrawp View Post
    I Run with 203 focus and ive seen 2 resists in 3 weeks, both in the first 3 seconds of the barrel phase on infiltrator.
    I would side with the person above that suggested it might be the parser not categorizing something correctly.

Good discussion to double check the numbers though. If you really think the hit/focus 220 or 240 vs 200, could you post your parser file or combat log for us to confirm?
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-09-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Plane Touched

45.4% is what our rogue has with zero misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralok View Post
    I don't play a caster, so I'm not 100% certain (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong)..

Misses=/=Spell Resists.
    Spells can't miss, they can only be resisted. And I had exactly 220 Focus last night and I didn't get resisted a single time.

Like someone else said, ACT counts interrupting your own spell casts with movement as a miss/resist. So you actually have to notice the resists, or just look at your instant cast spells.

Plane Touched

If you do get resists with 220focus, please post the logs, I'd like to see. But yeah have never seen a miss/dodge/parry since I started raiding on my cleric(well besides the other day when I was in healing gear, was fun seeing Fated Blow pop up again, it has been quite a long time).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I would side with the person above that suggested it might be the parser not categorizing something correctly.

Good discussion to double check the numbers though. If you really think the hit/focus 220 or 240 vs 200, could you post your parser file or combat log for us to confirm?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1u8hzhc8c0gogvc I broke it down so that only the kills were included, we only had 1 wipe anyways, and trash shouldn't matter as I'm pretty sure only bosses require the raid focus cap. This is with 203 focus and no focus banner/flask etc. When I move and cancel my cast it gets listed as an interrupt on ACT, thats why the %hit row is so jumbled.
    Last edited by Gumdrawp; 04-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrawp View Post
    Same boat.

I think I run around 208 and I can't remember the last time I was resisted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast