+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cache Finder

Default Cache Finder

So no one really knows what this all affects. But I've found 1 thing that it does affect.

Currently my guild has 2/3 Cache Finder (10% Extra rewards from Experts) and we get 11/22 Plaques from the dailies instead of 10/20

Not sure if it affects item drops. If it's only plaques, then it only works with the daily. Since nothing else drops enough plaques for 15% to make an extra.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Soulwalker

some people have said it increases your chances of epic loot from bosses and/or increases the chance for boe items from trash.

from personal experience i have noticed more epics from bosses but it might just be some lucky streak.
    as for the trash i have been getting a lot of boe blues and a couple epics off them. I think in one run of KB my group had 5 boe blues drop and 1 epic off trash.

If i were to guess i'd say the effect stacks for each person with the perk in the run. i only say this because drop rates are low as it is (for trash anyway). if it stacked addition wise (which it probably doesn't) then 5 man party would have 75% inc. 1% chance from trash becomes 1.75%...not a real big deal but with a lot of trash its a good thing.

of course there are people who complain there is too much trash...but that is a different topic

My guild has it 3/3 and none of us has really noticed any discernible difference. If anything, we got more random blues/purples dropping off trash before we put points into it but I'm sure that was just random luck. We definitely have not seen any rise in purple drops off of bosses and still get the usual rate of 1-2 (mostly blue) items dropping off each boss.

I can't vouch for the increased drops. Granted we're only at 2/3 but out of ~14 runs we've seen 2 BoE's. And generally 0-1 epics from bosses (per run not per boss). Aside from yesterday's runs with all the new loot we got some more epics dropping.

But for a fact it does give 5/10/15% more plaques, however the daily is the only thing that rewards enough for that to add up to an extra one.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

We have 3/3 in it, and I must say we've had a lot of shinies dropping from bosses and trash.

Is it because of the perk? Who can say, could just be random, but the increased plaques are certainly handy.

Rift Chaser

Clarification on this from a developer would certainly be welcome, people have been wondering about this for a while now.
    Nimec, Seastone

+ Reply to Thread