Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Dungeon Finder = No Groups = Loss of players

Soulwalker

Exclamation No Dungeon Finder = No Groups = Loss of players

The simple fact is:

No Dungeon Finder = No Groups = Loss of players

.... thread number what? about this issue.

.... still not resolved?

.... interesting.

.... And to those who pound the drum about enhancing the "social-network" through spamming "LFM for RD!" or "DPS looking for group, anything lvl 45!!" for over an hour and pissing everyone off, really needs to rethink what they are typing.
    Last edited by Thwaite; 04-08-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Shadowlander

I think you're just a spoiled little brat. MMO's existed for a long time before Dungeon Finders or LFG tools came about and things were just fine. I wouldn't mind an LFG tool to broadcast what your specs are and primary role you like to play, awesome. What I don't want is a Cross Server dungeon finder like WoW implemented that was rife with ninja's and ******s.

Find a guild, make some friends. I run 2-3 Experts when I find the time to play after work because I'm in a guild with people who also want to run them and have friends outside of my guild that I roll with.

Stop whining and speaking for others.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

OP's logic is flawed. Its close though.

What he really mean to say is

No dungeon finder= No groups for me= Loss of Me cause i quit.

No great loss IMO.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rivalen4919 View Post
    I think you're just a spoiled little brat. MMO's existed for a long time before Dungeon Finders or LFG tools came about and things were just fine. I wouldn't mind an LFG tool to broadcast what your specs are and primary role you like to play, awesome. What I don't want is a Cross Server dungeon finder like WoW implemented that was rife with ninja's and ******s.

Find a guild, make some friends. I run 2-3 Experts when I find the time to play after work because I'm in a guild with people who also want to run them and have friends outside of my guild that I roll with.

Stop whining and speaking for others.
    I am not actually whinning. Making a point about a simple function that now exsisting within most viable MMOs. The WoW dungeon finder is currently broken as **** and wouldn't go back to that game if it was free-to-play. I have been into MMOs since they were text-based role-play. So, sit down and shut up little boy. The fact remains that upgraded MMO systems are out there and Rift needs to keep up or drown. Maintaining with the age old systems is not something that the MAJORITY play base is going to be looking for and yes most of their money is going to be coming from the MAJORITY!
    Last edited by Thwaite; 04-08-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwaite View Post
    The simple fact is:

.... still not resolved?

.... interesting.

.... And to those who pound the drum about enhancing the "social-network" through spamming "LFM for RD!" or "DPS looking for group, anything lvl 45!!" for over an hour and pissing everyone off, really needs to rethink what they are typing.

Typical WoW'er right here...

Yeah because games that didnt have dungeon finder werent successful... Not...

How lazy are people nowadays that want a feature in a game to automatically place them in a dungeon. My god people are getting worse and worse.

Please no. Please please please no.

I've done every single normal, T1, and T2 dungeon. I never have issues finding successful groups.

It's called socializing, people. Make friends with competent players and run with them. Find a guild with capable players and run with them.

I for one don't want to be carrying any scrubs who want to just click a button to find a dungeon and then perform like trash attempting to get free loot.

With a dungeon finder, there's no way for you to be sure of the skill of each player in the group. Every time I run a dungeon with someone I haven't run with before, one of the four other people can usually assure me of their competence; and if I'm running with them in the first place, I can trust their word.

Its an MMO, if you can't simply chat with people and find a group you should probably stick with an Xbox.

Soulwalker

Never really liked the dungeon finder tool especially the cross server type because it took away accountability for actions, but now I want one so I don't have to listen to Level 50 chat anymore.

Telaran

Does anyone seriously want to experience pugging in T1/T2 content? It's not that the bosses are extremely difficult, but let's face it; Ragnoth and Konstantin were made to face**** PUGs, and that's just in T1.

Random PUGs from LFD trying to do T2 good God no. Join a guild and stop being a baddie.
    Last edited by Martinet; 04-08-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Lazy people will be lazy people.

It's called a mass multiplayer online role playing game. Think about it, look up the definitions and theorize why a bloody dungeon finder is utterly senseless to add to a game that's about interaction.

I hate the dungeon finder in WoW and I'll probably hate it again if it was implemented here.

Soulwalker

there is no community to group with hence the lack of groups.. how can there be a community? there is no central general chat for the server.

there was life before dungeon finder but also before this only-my-guild matters thing that is going on now. guilds have taken the focus, its no longer massive multilayer game but rather massive guild game

Shadowlander

Default Whats' different about rift?

Absolutely nothing sets this apart from any other game since pac man to wow. Pro's con's.... sure. Let's talk abut that. I think it's great, really? cool, let's group. I don't like you because your not tanking....healer can i get some free heals please. No were here to loot only. You have been removed from group. I'm still here, you are? Well, will just sit here until your ready to to leave? Is that a problem, ok death penalty for you. 2 hours later......still pvping? Let's do something else.

Soulwalker

I work until 11:30 pm PST and dont get home until 12:30 pst. There are very few people playing at this time of the night and certainly no one from my guild wants to run a 2 hour expert at 1am when they have to get up in the morning. The fact there is no cross realm dungeon finder means I do not get to group with people except for the weekends. This is completely unacceptable and if I am paying the same amount of money as every other mmo I expect an actual opportunity to play the game. I haven't played rift in weeks because I end up logging in, LFG for an hour and not find anything. Warfronts are equally as bad as I am often left sitting for 15-20 minutes until one pops. There is nothing to do in this game unless you are playing during peak hours and the absence of a cross shard dungeon finder completely ruins this game at level 50 for a lot of people.

Ill be honest, if this doesn't change by the time my subscription comes up for renewal I will be cancelling permanently; even if they add this feature later on I will not be giving Trion a second chance. This is a feature that should have been released on launch day as other games have had this feature for some time now. The fact Trion decided to release the game early is what's killing this game for a lot of people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by arikadesu View Post
    I work until 11:30 pm PST and dont get home until 12:30 pst. There are very few people playing at this time of the night and certainly no one from my guild wants to run a 2 hour expert at 1am when they have to get up in the morning. The fact there is no cross realm dungeon finder means I do not get to group with people except for the weekends. This is completely unacceptable and if I am paying the same amount of money as every other mmo I expect an actual opportunity to play the game. I haven't played rift in weeks because I end up logging in, LFG for an hour and not find anything. Warfronts are equally as bad as I am often left sitting for 15-20 minutes until one pops. There is nothing to do in this game unless you are playing during peak hours and the absence of a cross shard dungeon finder completely ruins this game at level 50 for a lot of people.

Ill be honest, if this doesn't change by the time my subscription comes up for renewal I will be cancelling permanently; even if they add this feature later on I will not be giving Trion a second chance. This is a feature that should have been released on launch day as other games have had this feature for some time now. The fact Trion decided to release the game early is what's killing this game for a lot of people.
    dungeons arnt the only thing this game is about, you ppl act like this game is all about the dungeons. why would you pay fifteen dollars a month just to run random dungeons with random ppl with barely any interaction? that doesnt sound like an mmo. sounds like playing call of duty tdm with no mic, just running around spraying and praying. i hope that example makes sense. anyways, i know you dont think its fair, becuase U want to do dungeons, but you work late, well you still do have weekend, and if you work late, you could go to bed when you get home, and wake up sooner to play. so your whining is for no purpose, infact i play at the same time, i work nights too, and im able to find dungeons, and if i cant, there is plenty more i can do thats enjoyable.
    bottom line, LFD or LFG or whatever will ruin the game, becuase everyone will just sit back and wait for the dungeon to pop up run it, and repeat. ppl will level up faster, ppl will get better gear faster, ppl will be less social, it will make questing and exploring seam pointless..etc. so please if anyone with any power on the matter of this subject read this and do not add a dungeon finder, especially a random one, cross shard. for everyone that i talked to agrees it ruined WOW, your biggest competition, and currently Rift has a big shot at being on top, at least until SWTOR comes out, but thats another story. actually, if you add a dungeon finder, wait till SWTOR comes out, becuase i wont care, sorry to say, but this game will end when it comes out, damn i just went really off topic, this game is fun.. but ive been really excited for SWTOR, and i just bought Rift cuase i went back to wow, and the random dungeon finder made me not want to play, and i picked up this game after only just hearing about it. just to tide me over till TOR comes out.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Thwaite View Post
    The simple fact is:

.... still not resolved?

.... interesting.

Just stop. There has been an interview. LFG tool is in the works. It will be server only first and is focused at general LFG and not just dungeons. Please learn to use google and forum search. This has been link many time befores. The only reason there have been so many post is dumb dumbs like you just QQ with out looking first.

I'm so sick of these people who think just becuase there is x number of threads nothing is being done or it should be done instantly. Learn how to code or write programs. Make something nice and complex. The just try to add a new idea to it and tell me how long it takes to have it work properly and bug free. Follow some hacking forums and look at the work people put in to adding just the simplest of functions to programs. Educate yourself before making ignorant statements as if they were fact.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-09-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast