+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scarn ninja nerf. =P

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default Scarn ninja nerf. =P

Um yeah. Basically a faceroll now. I can understand that he was a bit overtuned and difficult before but this went way to far the other way.

There was zero challenge now and it was pretty boring. We easily 1 shot him with new ppl in the group which would have been almost impossible before.

Find a happy medium please. Give scarn a slight buff. Dont turn this game into WoW ezmode pls.
    Last edited by TheGreatGoogly; 04-08-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yeah I hate to admit that right before the patch we wiped 6 times on Scarn ~ trying to beat him before the patch (2 new guys). After the Patch we *1-shot him and lol'd how much easier it was.

Scarn is ****** easy.
    I don't get what they did but they totally over nerfed it.
    I remember prior to patch.
    There willl always at least 10 stacks of heat when he was in air phase.
    Now with the nerf, we got them up to 6 with the chicken run. I mean 6 man.
    That is nothing, like 200 damage a tick.
    It is just sick.

What changed exactly?

Telaran

I remember reading that he was bugged before. The fire was larger than its graphic so more skeletons were getting hit than intended. It was just a bug fix. There's no reason he should be much harder than the other tier 2 bosses. DSM was intended to be the "hard instance."
    Christwo, Rogue
    <stay small NERDS>, Best bard in the world
    The way the best bards play.
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4...ayriftbard.jpg
    After my recent River of Souls conquest, I have made a record of my great success.

Plane Touched

They nerfed Plutonus too btw. Wasn't in the notes, but the walking stun thingie lasts like 1sec instead of 3 or whatever it used to be. I thought they made it dispellable cause it was disapearing so quickly, but nope just reduced duration. Makes the fight a lot easier when your healers are getting chain targetted.

Shadowlander

Just did it, and can confirm faceroll status. Remember how when he went into the air you used to get like 10+ stacks of burny-crap? That doesn't happen anymore. No more 1.6k+ per tick, it's down to the hundreds now.

Koe

He wasn't faceroll before? What?

Rift Master

He was easy before... sure, he needed nearly perfect execution from everyone in the group (stand on each other, run when red circle appears... so hard?) but this is what made the encounter interesting imo.

I don't really care if more people can beat him now. They can have all the loot and badges they want.
    The problem I see with this is that the T2 dungeons not only required a progression in gear but also in skill. They were a very good preparation for raid content and if they are nerfed, raid guilds will have to be a lot more thorough about their recruitment.
    And the people who now play easy encounters but learned not a lot from them will also have a lot less fun in raids.

Wut? I need to run out of red circles fast?

Quote Originally Posted by rofltehcat View Post
    Wut? I need to run out of red circles fast?
    ... and no jumping.

Rift Disciple

we used to get 15-20 ish fires going per air phase, are people really getting 6? ... but he was epic and fun

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Derath View Post
    we used to get 15-20 ish fires going per air phase, are people really getting 6? ... but he was epic and fun
    6!? We had 0 stacks a few times. This fight went from being fun to being one of the most boring and easiest T2 fights. Come to think of it, I don't think our stacks went higher than 1 during the entire fight.

Rift Chaser

What was so hard about Scarn?

Tank and spank at the start... Group up and run together out of fire.. What is so damn hard about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    They nerfed Plutonus too btw. Wasn't in the notes, but the walking stun thingie lasts like 1sec instead of 3 or whatever it used to be. I thought they made it dispellable cause it was disapearing so quickly, but nope just reduced duration. Makes the fight a lot easier when your healers are getting chain targetted.
    Did Plutonus last night and his disorient was still lasting 5 or so seconds, just like pre-patch. It does break immediately sometimes but it's always done that.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AlienXXI View Post
    What was so hard about Scarn?

Tank and spank at the start... Group up and run together out of fire.. What is so damn hard about that?
    The healing required during the air phase. This was the only T2 fight our chloro couldn't solo-heal. Now he can easily. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast