Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: this game needs a cross realm dungeon finder

Default this game needs a cross realm dungeon finder

you can argue all you want about how a cross realm dungeon finder destroys community's, but if people log on and cant find groups they wont log on much at all.

and then where is your community?
    Last edited by Walsingham; 04-08-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Troll Comment

Sword of Telara

I agree, but do you think posting in one of the over 9000 threads about this would have been better?
    I mean there are enough of them, just use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack357 View Post
    I agree, but do you think posting in one of the over 9000 threads about this would have been better?
    I mean there are enough of them, just use the search function.
    now there is another

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by adddemon View Post
    now there is another
    And this one will soon be locked. I'm glad I got in before that happened.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vydor View Post
    And this one will soon be locked. I'm glad I got in before that happened.
    Like /b/omb shelter threads?

I agree game needs a LFD tool, and I think the devs said we are gonna get it, just a matter of when.

Shield of Telara

/facepalm...
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack357 View Post
    Like /b/omb shelter threads?

I agree game needs a LFD tool, and I think the devs said we are gonna get it, just a matter of when.
    hopefully it will be cross-ream, otherwise there is not alot of use for it, since there are already global channels.

Telaran

you can argue all you want about how a cross realm dungeon finder destroys community's, but if people log on and cant find groups they wont log on much at all.

and then where is your community?

flame away
    To me, the first logical step is to place an actual dungeon finder in the game, and if it doesn't work being restricted to one server, open it up to cross-server gameplay.

Obviously, either I do not think logically, or you don't.

Shield of Telara

hopefully it will be cross-ream, otherwise there is not alot of use for it, since there are already global channels.
    It's amazing how people left WoW, but feel the need to make this game into a WoW clone, either by saying it is, or demanding they make changes to emulate WoW.

Not saying you are, just a generalized observation of the forums.

And, my opinion is Cross Server LFG is a bad idea. It allows ninjas and griefers to disappear into the masses, and only ninjas and griefers seem to think it's a good idea. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying...
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

Soulwalker

I'm sure in one of the 9000 threads that supposedly exist on the topic, someone has already said the following, but anyway here it is:

I hope that low population servers are linked in dungeon finders with high population ones. Or if they want to keep dungeon finder shard-only, please do some population merges and cleanup so the low population shard members have a chance to work on content as well.

Rift Disciple

I dont think this game even needs instances.

we need to do away with instances and just focus on improving the public rift events.

if they wanna make a different mmo then doing away with instances would be an excellent start imo!!

never liked instances anyway..they breed arrogance and elitism.
    “People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.”- -Edmund Burke

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."- -Padme Amidala

I agree wholeheartedly.

Sword of Telara

I think server wide first, then cross realm.
    But cross realm is likely a good idea in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doshibu View Post
    To me, the first logical step is to place an actual dungeon finder in the game, and if it doesn't work being restricted to one server, open it up to cross-server gameplay.

Obviously, either I do not think logically, or you don't.
    But I think it would end up going to cross realm anyway, so why not just start there?

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    It's amazing how people left WoW, but feel the need to make this game into a WoW clone, either by saying it is, or demanding they make changes to emulate WoW.

And, my opinion is Cross Server LFG is a bad idea. It allows ninjas and griefers to disappear into the masses, and only ninjas and griefers seem to think it's a good idea. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying...
    If its a good idea, why not take it and use it?
    So, the people who want it are ninjas and greifers?
    Nice broad statement there pal.

Ascendant

Yup, WoW is the big comfy couch for a lot of gamers. This game is the first step into a scary new non-WoW world, so bringing a blanket along is comforting.

However, if it worked in WoW, Rift really isn't much different of a game at it's core.

And...
    They will also be the same people complaining that the game is a WOW ripoff and that they are quitting.
    And, as another person with ADD I find this banana is delicious and washes down well with Tea For Two is an excellent song by Led Zeppelin from the album Presence of mind to at least not eat fast food today is the longest day at work it out, we can work it out... ~joen00b

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast