+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert Fall of Lantern Hook Boss Bugged

Prophet of Telara

Default Expert Fall of Lantern Hook Boss Bugged

Emberlord Ereetu did not move from the cneter of the room or cast any of his flame pillars. He just stood there and took his beating. This occurred around 3 AM eastern last night. We didn;t know this would happen so we finished the fight as he was meleeing. Didn't want to be seen as exploiting or allowing an exploitable situation to continue. I did bug report it in-game.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

It will proabably be fixed quickly. honesty...soooo refreshing.

Sword of Telara

Happens at time in normal too.

last night we wiped once and the second time he just stood there and took it like a good boss.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    It will proabably be fixed quickly. honesty...soooo refreshing.
    :-) If I need to exploit or cheat to play a game I probably wouldn't be worth trusting in real world stuff either.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Telaran

He also bugs in a way that's not so fun... ran FoLH last night, got to Ereetu, and the first round was normal. We wiped for whatever reason. The 2nd time and every time after, he start spitting out crystals twice as fast as he normally does. Many wipes ensued. He also would chain fireballs, fears, and stuns on everyone. It was ridiculous.Tried different combinations of healer/bard, healer/chloro, and healer/bard/chloro. We gave up afer 90 mins of wiping on him. We did come close a few times, but the chain stuns and fears on our healers were too much.
    Last edited by sedateme; 04-08-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

His other bug is sometimes the crystals he summons (or fire catcus as we call them) fall right through the floor, making the fight a joke.

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

The last boss of Expert KB did the exact same thing to us the other night. He just stood there and let us kill him, no attacks, no spikes.

I actually think I know what triggered it, but I'm hush hush...

Soulwalker

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a z-axis problem, due to his area being overhanging with vacant space below it. Quite a few mobs have z-axis issues like this, and it probably is something that needs to be addressed in general game mechanics rather than just this one named in particular since like, say, Iron Tombs trash often gets stuck in the floor and unattackable in Caor's area, and most mobs can bug out in similar inclines.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sedateme View Post
    He also bugs in a way that's not so fun... ran FoLH last night, got to Ereetu, and the first round was normal. We wiped for whatever reason. The 2nd time and every time after, he start spitting out crystals twice as fast as he normally does. Many wipes ensued. He also would chain fireballs, fears, and stuns on everyone. It was ridiculous.Tried different combinations of healer/bard, healer/chloro, and healer/bard/chloro. We gave up afer 90 mins of wiping on him. We did come close a few times, but the chain stuns and fears on our healers were too much.
    Lol this is not a bug if you are talking about expert:

- he start spitting out crystals twice as fast as he normally does. (Yup welcome to expert dungeons, same stuff just harder and more of it)
    - He also would chain fireballs, fears, and stuns on everyone. (He does this, real fun getting feared into the crystals)

And here is the problem:

Tried different combinations of healer/bard, healer/chloro, and healer/bard/chloro.

As you progress thru T1 and T2 dungeons you will learn that some bosses are not intended to be out healed, they are DPS races. If you lack the DPS to take down the boss before oh a crystal explodes 1 shotting you, his buff stack gets too high he 1 shots the tank, his stupid lazers launch you off a cliff... or in this case he fills his platform with crystals... Your failing to DPS enough. This boss in particular is easily solo healable, the faster you kill him the easier it is.

*NOT EVERYONE is ready for experts, if your rogue doesn't have the +hit, or your mage doesn't have the +focus, and most of all if your tank lacks the +toughness you will have a difficult time.

Analyze the boss, because I assure you throwing more healers at it is not always the answer.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    Lol this is not a bug if you are talking about expert:

- he start spitting out crystals twice as fast as he normally does. (Yup welcome to expert dungeons, same stuff just harder and more of it)
    - He also would chain fireballs, fears, and stuns on everyone. (He does this, real fun getting feared into the crystals)

And here is the problem:

Tried different combinations of healer/bard, healer/chloro, and healer/bard/chloro.

As you progress thru T1 and T2 dungeons you will learn that some bosses are not intended to be out healed, they are DPS races. If you lack the DPS to take down the boss before oh a crystal explodes 1 shotting you, his buff stack gets too high he 1 shots the tank, his stupid lazers launch you off a cliff... or in this case he fills his platform with crystals... Your failing to DPS enough. This boss in particular is easily solo healable, the faster you kill him the easier it is.

*NOT EVERYONE is ready for experts, if your rogue doesn't have the +hit, or your mage doesn't have the +focus, and most of all if your tank lacks the +toughness you will have a difficult time.

Analyze the boss, because I assure you throwing more healers at it is not always the answer.
    I have run this on expert a few times. When I said in my reply "the first run was normal" that meant he was his normal expert-level PITA.

I realize experts are harder than normal dungeons, but thanks for the heads up

Our group runs experts nightly. I am the least geared of the group, still needing 2 pieces to complete the t1 set. We have more than adequate toughness/focus/hit and we regularly clear t1's with ease.

We switched to more healing to deal with Ereetu doing everything twice as fast, and still had enough dps to get him to 10% before wiping. Without the extra heals, he just dropped people at will.

If you think it was impossible for a boss to bug in this game, and we were simply bads being bads, that's your opinion. Half the time we do run into the bug where Ereetu doesnt spawn crystals and you just dps him down. We've also had icetalon in expert AP bug on the cliff and do nothing as well. I was simply pointing out an instance where a boss bugged in the other direction.

+ Reply to Thread