+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert DSM 2nd Boss

Rift Chaser

Default Expert DSM 2nd Boss

Aside from the fact that this is an insane fight without two good healers my question is about his long cast.

I know to interrupt it and it isnt an issue but when we were learning the fight, and the spell went through it actually hits tank twice every time. Is it really supposed to hit twice or is that bugged?

Cast > 5500 5500 immediately back to back

Seems like it should just hit the once for the big damage, just wondering if the double hit is WAI or indeed a bug. The obvious strategy we use is to always interrupt but just seemed off when we first started learning fight. Bugged it ingame.

Rift Disciple

Wink

I'm pretty sure if you had 17k health it would hit you 4 times for 5500 damage each. It's meant to kill you. Period.

Rift Master

I've survived it once with a lot of damage reduction up and I know a rogue tank who has survived it once.

But it is supposed to kill you so you should always kick. Also don't kick it too late because that guy sometimes goes into his immune phase mid-cast and then you can't kick it anymore.

Rift Disciple

Ya, don't wait too late to interrupt his second casting... if he summons his adds before you interrupt you're dead.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rofltehcat View Post
    I've survived it once with a lot of damage reduction up and I know a rogue tank who has survived it once.

But it is supposed to kill you so you should always kick. Also don't kick it too late because that guy sometimes goes into his immune phase mid-cast and then you can't kick it anymore.
    It's not 'supposed' to kill you, it just happens to kill most people.
    There is an achievement for beating him without anyone getting hit by it, it would be silly to have that achievement if it's meant to kill you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noodz View Post
    It's not 'supposed' to kill you, it just happens to kill most people.
    There is an achievement for beating him without anyone getting hit by it, it would be silly to have that achievement if it's meant to kill you.
    There was an achievement for cleansing Rictus's dot back when it was a dot. To fail that achievement, you had to let someone eat the entire dot. With 99.99999% of people stacking on that fight, you'd need to have someone spamming aoe heals every time the dot goes out as it would easily wipe the party if left alone.

There are plenty of achievements that warrant "well if you didn't earn that achievement, you'd probably die.." -- another is the dude in CC with the laser wall. Killing him with the lasers about 2m from the edge gets you the speed kill achievement, and just barely saves your lives.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 04-08-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Plane Touched

Well i'm warrior and i run max magic mitigation spec for this boss.

We always interrupt that, altho for some reason yesterday night it started casting it and a millisecond later it went immune.

2 ticks for 3,8k (or 4,2 cant remember) nothing big.

Ive purposely taken a few hits and lived .. it hits for around 10kish but my tanking gear puts me at 12k buffed so it wasnt a problem

Other then on purpose i dont see whats so hard about interrupting a 5sec cast

+ Reply to Thread