+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20 man raiding should not be only setting

Soulwalker

Default 20 man raiding should not be only setting

So I think that 20 man raiding is a little much. I mean we are just filling slots to fill them at this point. We are 2/5 atm in GS so I can't say were not progressing, but I mean some weeks we only have 15 show up. And we can't do anything! I raided in wow and was in a 10m guild. 10m have their advantages and disadvantages. People say 10m are easy, but when it comes down to it, it really matters on fight. But anyway I think having only one raiding setting is not the right attitude. I love raiding, and on my server we only have three raiding guilds. 2/5,2/5,3/5. If they offerd 10m raiding, or even 15 there would be so many more! But having bosses like the second boss (forget his name) is a DPS battle and really allows no room to carry many people. So to sum up what I am saying and not sit here for a day explaining this, Rift should offer 10m or 15m raiding, and yea I know raid rifts exist but who doesn't brute force those? I see groups of 20 all the time doing them. 10m raiding would open a lot of doors to a lot of guilds and keep people going. Thats my two sense.

Sounds to me like the issue isn't getting 20 people for a raid, but getting 20 reliable people for a raid. I think it's time you start recruiting people that will actually show up for raids and be on time for them.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorqtee View Post
    So I think that 20 man raiding is a little much. I mean we are just filling slots to fill them at this point. We are 2/5 atm in GS so I can't say were not progressing, but I mean some weeks we only have 15 show up. And we can't do anything! I raided in wow and was in a 10m guild. 10m have their advantages and disadvantages. People say 10m are easy, but when it comes down to it, it really matters on fight. But anyway I think having only one raiding setting is not the right attitude. I love raiding, and on my server we only have three raiding guilds. 2/5,2/5,3/5. If they offerd 10m raiding, or even 15 there would be so many more! But having bosses like the second boss (forget his name) is a DPS battle and really allows no room to carry many people. So to sum up what I am saying and not sit here for a day explaining this, Rift should offer 10m or 15m raiding, and yea I know raid rifts exist but who doesn't brute force those? I see groups of 20 all the time doing them. 10m raiding would open a lot of doors to a lot of guilds and keep people going. Thats my two sense.

Well, this is what Zor said about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zor
    There is nothing I can reveal at this time. ;)

Rift Disciple

I'm on Ashstone with Taylorqtee and we're having a similar problem on the Guardian side. We have more than enough raiding 50's but trying to get 20 of us on at the same time to raid is a real pain. I think it's because we're older now and have more stuff come up irl than when we were younger and raiding in EQ and WoW.

We're attempting to recruit more but people are loyal to their smaller guilds but they still want to break into raiding. Tough decisions to be made on both sides of a medium pop server.

At this rate, within the next few years all group content will be solo and raids will be duos.

Seriously? You can't scrape together 20 people who can log on to run some content? Maybe you just shouldn't be a raid guild.

I miss the good old days of 72-man raids.

ps: Raid Rifts are 10-man.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 04-08-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

@Swag I wasn't agreeing that raids should be lower than 20 man. Hell I kinda miss 40 man raids from Vanilla WoW or whatever man raids from EQ. I hate feeling confined to strict group makeups. Besides, the loot pretty much determines how many people you want to bring with you. But that is neither here nor there.

I was just pointing out some difficulties medium pop servers are having.

Rift Disciple

I remember in EQ1 one days when a 20 man raid was a small raid. I for one wouldn't mind having larger raids than 20. 20 barely feels like a "raid" to me.

That being said, I wouldn't mind 10 man content, as long as they aren't lazy and don't make it retuned versions of the 20 man stuff.

Telaran

Your average 20 man guild should include around 25 active and capable raiding members to make up for absences. Will some people have to sit? Yes, but it's better than not being able to raid because you're shorthanded.

Can't imagine anyone having a problem with 10 man or smaller raids, as long as the gear was appropriately nerfed. Hell, the bigger guilds could even use them as "practice runs" to get the newer people used to the fights before they joined the 20 man content.

Bubble the raid rifts and make them 10-player raid content.
    There's is literally no 10-man raids in the game at the moment.
    People will always zerg raid rifts, why?
    Because they can.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 04-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    At this rate, within the next few years all group content will be solo and raids will be duos.

Seriously? You can't scrape together 20 people who can log on to run some content? Maybe you just shouldn't be a raid guild.

I miss the good old days of 72-man raids.

ps: Raid Rifts are 10-man.
    You are kind of an idiot.

I raided all of EQ content up to and somewhat into GoD, and I've done all WoW content since vanilla.

Nothing exciting or epic at all about bland fights and carrying scrubs. You seem like a scrub to me.

Very few EQ fights (if you look back and compare them to todays fights) were exciting or dynamic. All of them had maybe 2-4 mechanics total. You cannot script compelling and challenging content for 72 players, expecting them all to be "Johnny on the spot" - There will always be scrubs like you that will slack off in the pile of players.

Long live 20(25) and 10 man raiding. True raiding.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zephris View Post
    You are kind of an idiot.

I raided all of EQ content up to and somewhat into GoD, and I've done all WoW content since vanilla.

Nothing exciting or epic at all about bland fights and carrying scrubs. You seem like a scrub to me.

Very few EQ fights (if you look back and compare them to todays fights) were exciting or dynamic. All of them had maybe 2-4 mechanics total. You cannot script compelling and challenging content for 72 players, expecting them all to be "Johnny on the spot" - There will always be scrubs like you that will slack off in the pile of players.

Long live 20(25) and 10 man raiding. True raiding.
    You missed the days of EQ raiding then that were both heavily scripted events and allowed for 54 players (the standard max for EQ raids since GoD). There are quite a few raids in EQ that allow for 54 players and one person screwing up could easily wipe the raid.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SirPhobos View Post
    You missed the days of EQ raiding then that were both heavily scripted events and allowed for 54 players (the standard max for EQ raids since GoD). There are quite a few raids in EQ that allow for 54 players and one person screwing up could easily wipe the raid.
    Thats perhaps possible, the game (imo) was reaching a low past GoD. Personal preferences I suppose.

But tell me, the kill-all mechanic, was it something dumbfoundedly stupid easy like "Do not stand on this particular point, during this particular moment"?
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Waste of dev time to balance for ****ties/casuals
    Guild Master of <stay small Nerds>

evs
    Soulwalker

Waste of dev time to balance for 10% of the player base

+ Reply to Thread