+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Really Trion, changing loot in the middle of the week?

Plane Touched

Default Really Trion, changing loot in the middle of the week?

This is from a post a few weeks ago, from Zor:

We are very sensitive to this issue. And we do everything we can to avoid situations like you describe. But sometimes we have make to make a change for the betterment of the game even if the timing isn't close to ideal.

Greenscale's Blight didn't launch as smoothly as we hoped, but we we're doing everything we can to improve both the game and the way we handle having to update and communicate those updates to the players.
    And this is from tonight's patch:

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
    * Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, and Oracle Aleria now drop 3 items when killed.
    * Prince Hylas now drops 4 items when killed.
    * Greenscale now drops 4 items when killed, and additional Relic items have been added to the possible drop list.

How hard would have it been to wait to change the raid drops until next reset? That's so many items wasted because we went ahead and cleared GSB before RoS opens(we actually waited last week since you said it'd be soon, but it wasn't that soon). I don't understand the rush on these notes, the rest I could see go in just fine.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

The intended patch day for these changes slipped by a day, unfortunately its not as easy as you might think to untangle hundreds of drops and hold them for another week.

That being said we're working with the community team to better announce these updates in advance if at all possible

Thanks
    -Gersh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    The intended patch day for these changes slipped by a day, unfortunately its not as easy as you might think to untangle hundreds of drops and hold them for another week.

That being said we're working with the community team to better announce these updates in advance if at all possible

Thanks
    -Gersh
    Thanks for the update. Most of the raiding is done on thur/fri/weekends when people have far more free time. Good to see it is getting pushed out of the door today atelast. Tuesday morning is the best time for NA though

Plane Touched

I'm not saying don't add the new drops, but it would have been good to not increase the amount of items dropped 2days(not one) after the reset, even if you changed the loot tables so people who cleared it later get new loots.
    Last edited by Pyros; 04-07-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Ye not cool, we killed Duke just a couple of hours before this patch >_<

Plane Touched

Oh also, how hard would it have been last reset to say "eh guys we have the items patch ready but we got a slight delay and it'll probably go live in a day or two" so we could have decided to not do GSB until the patch. You tell us AFTER you're patching that the patch was almost ready for this week's reset, really? See I'm already geared up so I don't care for myself, but there's plenty of ppl in my guild who could use drops, and it's infuriating to think we basically got robbed of 5items because you wouldn't tell us if you were going to patch this week, and you didn't want to keep the loots at 2per boss for one more week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post

Thanks
    -Gersh
    How about some sort of heads up or anything at all...........................................
    Drecin
    Seastone

So half the people get new loots, half don't....

Sounds familiar.
    Old school raid

pvp

Plane Touched

Just another stupid move.

Telaran

I do hope current drops get updated. The rifle is so horrible stat-wise... (

Wow, what a bunch of spoiled brats.

Trion, please continue to patch stuff when it's ready instead of trying to satisfy the insatiable egos of the raiders.
    Last edited by nacho; 04-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Yes because patching raid specific things effects non-raiders, right?
    Old school raid

pvp

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of spoiled brats.

Trion, please continue to patch stuff when it's ready instead of trying to satisfy the insatiable egos of the raiders.
    Amazingly, the raid specific drop rates effect raiders more than non-raiders. But let's set aside that point and address the heart of the matter:

This has nothing to do with ego. What we have here is another misstep in communication to the detriment of the playerbase. At the end of the day, is it an issue of significant consequence? No, not really. It's 5 items, whatever. But what it does is continue to hint at and establish a pattern of poor choices, minor mistakes, and decisions that affect the game in a negative way.

Witness, for example, the change with souls. Do I believe, for a single second, that they thought souls were available from non-dungeon sources? Not even the slightest bit. If they did, it would indicate such a massive disconnect between the reality of the game and the varying teams responsible for the game. What I suspect is that they chose to adopt that PR-friendly approach to being utterly blindsided by the consequences of their design decisions. In some ways that's better than the disconnect; a callous inability to consider the implications of restricting souls to 1 per dungeon hints at a rushed, frantic approach to dealing with issues (such as "oh hell, they're getting too many souls"). Rushing can be corrected. A head in the clouds view of the game is a lot harder.

The loot issue is just another example of that sort of poor decision making; it's not game destroying or subscription withering, but it is a continual erosion of the good will that Trion has worked hard to earn from its customers. They can't afford to keep doing this, because when they do, even the most serious, dedicated cheerleaders(Like me!) find themselves unwilling to shake our pom poms quite so vigorously. Serious dungeon bugs are left unchecked, major exploits go uncorrected, and so on and so on. It's hard to muster a T-R-I-O-N when the natural instinct is just to shake my head and sigh.

I have a lot of faith in many of the people behind this game, from QA to Content to Production. But these types of silly, ill-considered decisions need to be taken in hand and reigned in, if not eliminated. The processes need to be improved, from patching to QA, from class design to broken encounters. I want to continue shilling for you guys, but you really need to tighten things up.
    Last edited by Jerle; 04-07-2011 at 09:03 PM.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Amazingly, the raid specific drop rates effect raiders more than non-raiders. But let's set aside that point and address the heart of the matter:

This has nothing to do with ego. What we have here is another misstep in communication to the detriment of the playerbase. At the end of the day, is it an issue of significant consequence? No, not really. It's 5 items, whatever. But what it does is continue to hint at and establish a pattern of poor choices, minor mistakes, and decisions that affect the game in a negative way.

Witness, for example, the change with souls. Do I believe, for a single second, that they thought souls were available from non-dungeon sources? Not even the slightest bit. If they did, it would indicate such a massive disconnect between the reality of the game and the varying teams responsible for the game. What I suspect is that they chose to adopt that PR-friendly approach to being utterly blindsided by the consequences of their design decisions. In some ways that's better than the disconnect; a callous inability to consider the implications of restricting souls to 1 per dungeon hints at a rushed, frantic approach to dealing with issues (such as "oh hell, they're getting too many souls").

The loot issue is just another example of that sort of poor decision making; it's not game destroying or subscription withering, but it is a continual erosion of the good will that Trion has worked hard to earn from its customers. They can't afford to keep doing this, because when they do, even the most serious, dedicated cheerleaders(Like me!) find themselves unwilling to shake our pom poms quite so vigorously. Serious dungeon bugs are left unchecked, major exploits go uncorrected, and so on and so on. It's hard to muster a T-R-I-O-N when the natural instinct is just to shake my head and sigh.

I have a lot of faith in many of the people behind this game, from QA to Content to Production. But these types of silly, ill-considered decisions need to be taken in hand and reigned in, if not eliminated. The processes need to be improved, from patching to QA, from class design to broken encounters. I want to continue shilling for you guys, but you really need to tighten things up.
    /signedddd
    Old school raid

pvp

Heh, didn't think I'd offend anyone so I didn't bother with a second post (damn edit timer)

What I meant was, don't aim for the infantile "elite" raiders and delay a patch that would improve part of the game in the name of their egos and entitlement issues.
    It's a very small part of the community that gains when the rest of the community loses, and vise versa.

To think it's about values or community relations is absurd. This is about a couple items that you don't have access to because they added them after you finished farming the bosses.

Seriously, guys. It's a patch to improve the game and you're upset that bosses you likely already have farmed drop some extra items now.
    Last edited by nacho; 04-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast