+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spent the last 50 minutes LF 5th group member for normal DSM...

Shadowlander

Default Spent the last 50 minutes LF 5th group member for normal DSM...

...and could not fill the slot due to lack of players/interest. Coming from WoW where groups go up all the time, this is a huge turn off. Most of my guild is 40+. It seems most everyone is actually. Trion needs a cross server Dungeon finder because right now the game feels dead if you arent at max level or at levels 1-15. Invasions in the 20-40 zones are basically non existant as well but that is another matter. It almost feels like there was a first wave of players and now that they are lvl 50, they are just piddling on low level alts. Merge the servers on low level shards to fix the invasions and health of the game and please look at getting a cross server dungeon finder to help fix problems like the one I am experiencing .MMOs need to be about grouping with and seeing others as you level. Waiting until primetime at 9pm est just to get one 5 man group running isnt going to cut it.

Sorry just frustrated. Dont really want to go back to WoW right now.

Some tips:

- be competent. It may not be obvious but on a server with a small pop if you annoy people it can become a lot harder to get groups. If possible, be outstanding.

- look for social connections that help you. A guild that actively plays together. Friends who enjoyed doing IT with you and have leveled up at the same pace. Friends list people you'd like to play with again.

- LFM, don't LFG. Nobody's interested that some random dps is looking for some group most of the time. Because putting a group together is an overhead, an effort. They are interested if you sound like you're on your way to completing recruitment.

- be capable of doing hard to fill roles. Ideally be able to tank and heal and you make it very easy to form viable groups.

- get noticed. Talk to people in chat. Let people realise there are other people playing the game. Let them see life in the 30-39 channel even if it's just random chat. (Although too barrens chat-like can get you ignored).

- after checking guilds, friends list and chat use the /who. Find people who are appropriate level and /w them. Many people don't read chat or don't really notice it, everyone reads tells. You can repeat the same sentence using the up arrow so make it a good one. "eg Hi there, want to come and do Deep Strike Mines (24-8 dungeon, some nice blue drops including decent trinkets).

You're selling your group to people. Think like a marketing person.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsy View Post
    Some tips:

- be competent. It may not be obvious but on a server with a small pop if you annoy people it can become a lot harder to get groups. If possible, be outstanding.
    If its a smaller shard, competence is a non issue, because there are not enough people to notice.

- look for social connections that help you. A guild that actively plays together. Friends who enjoyed doing IT with you and have leveled up at the same pace. Friends list people you'd like to play with again.
    Speaking from the point of view of a player (im sure i am not the only person that feels this way), "this social connection that you speak of, is not something us casual adults care so much about. I could care less about making friends with people who are my children's age, and only care about things of a child's mentality or nature. With that said, some us dont jump into social circles because of this. Frankly, this isnt facebook, and some of just want to play without talking much or making 'friends'..
    - LFM, don't LFG. Nobody's interested that some random dps is looking for some group most of the time. Because putting a group together is an overhead, an effort. They are interested if you sound like you're on your way to completing recruitment.
    Fact of the matter is, people who are guilded or in the position to make groups with people they regulary group with, do not find the needs to look outside the norm. This sucks for casual players, who get online LFG for hours and log off.
    - be capable of doing hard to fill roles. Ideally be able to tank and heal and you make it very easy to form viable groups.
    I can Tank (Riftstalker) and I can help heal, very well imo (Bard), this does not help at all to ease the frustration

- get noticed. Talk to people in chat. Let people realise there are other people playing the game. Let them see life in the 30-39 channel even if it's just random chat. (Although too barrens chat-like can get you ignored).
    Seeing level 50 chat, seeing what the minors chat about (and even the "so called adults) is not some place I want to speak in, believe me the very instant some child or immature adult can talk trash at you, they will. This doesnt happen all the time, but a place for social conversation, aside from things of juvenile nature, not happening.
    - after checking guilds, friends list and chat use the /who. Find people who are appropriate level and /w them. Many people don't read chat or don't really notice it, everyone reads tells. You can repeat the same sentence using the up arrow so make it a good one. "eg Hi there, want to come and do Deep Strike Mines (24-8 dungeon, some nice blue drops including decent trinkets).
    Putting a group together, even on a HIGH population server, is some very hard work.. unless you have those "social connections" you spoke of. Again though, read what I stated above for my opinion on that. Finding groups or making them is like pulling teeth! Its just over the top frustrating and a long process, most people do not want to wait for.

You're selling your group to people. Think like a marketing person.
    ^^ /signed very frustrated customer and player

Eep
    Shadowlander

Just go 4 man...

Im old and wrinkly but even im not paitent enough to wait more than 15min

Thats why ive done every t1 expert 4 man and normal cc/ap 3 man :P

But ye xrealm finder would help too :P
    Last edited by Eep; 04-08-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Problem is that shards only hold 1.5k people, this is far too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Soulwalker

I'd be interested to see how many people we lost after the initial month. On my server I definitely saw a massive drop in players grouping up in the lvl 50 channel. We barely have invasions anymore cause there's no players out in the world.

Speaking of which, the invasion system needs a different spawning requirement. Looking for number of players in a zone doesn't work well when there's not much reason for players to be in the zone in the first place. And its not really feasible to just sit in the zone because nowhere is really safe. When you can be killed in the middle of a town you don't tend to afk there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    Problem is that shards only hold 1.5k people, this is far too low.
    [Citation Needed]

+ Reply to Thread