+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to survive Greenscales' noxious fumes?

Telaran

Default How to survive Greenscales' noxious fumes?

My guild i currently doin progression on Greensacle and we are having serious issues with the breath on our mt while he has the healing debuff up. We only managed to reach the first flight phase once, but it was never a safe thing. Ive seen some kills one youtube, when the mt never droppt below 80% and id really like to know how to do it.
    What specc are you playing as warrior mt on greenscale? Is there anything like a cooldown rotation?
    Just tell me anything that could help my guild on progression.

sry for my grammar, im playing on a german shard

If you dont have a rogue tank you need to tank swap. With a rogue tank the fight is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Froster View Post
    If you dont have a rogue tank you need to tank swap. With a rogue tank the fight is a joke.
    ehrno,

get a VK tank, you can easily survive it with a purifier shield on "it is a joke with a rogue tank tho"
    Last edited by TyrLith; 04-07-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Plane Touched

I main tank Greenscale for our raid as a warrior and it is certainly not impossible to single tank it. Basically you just have to have a spec designed for absorbing tons of spell damage to have a chance. I take about 3500 damage a tick from the fumes which is about 1k more per tick than our rogue does, but our rogue tank was having a problem of his absorb getting eaten by the fumes and then taking a 6k cleave right after which would be unhealable.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...gc0aI0V0z.g0Rh

This is the spec you have to use, it gives you 53% spell damage reduction which is the only way to survive the breath and I still end up taking basically no physical damage so the healers can catch up after the breath is over.

get a rogue tank np !

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xaida View Post
    get a rogue tank np !
    pretty much, yeah. Warriors take more than double what a rogue does from breath..

but if you are stuck with a warrior also make sure the archon is power draining and bubbling the tank during breath.

Rift Disciple

My guild certainly found it a hell of a lot easier with the rogue tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicornpower View Post
    I main tank Greenscale for our raid as a warrior and it is certainly not impossible to single tank it. Basically you just have to have a spec designed for absorbing tons of spell damage to have a chance. I take about 3500 damage a tick from the fumes which is about 1k more per tick than our rogue does, but our rogue tank was having a problem of his absorb getting eaten by the fumes and then taking a 6k cleave right after which would be unhealable.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...gc0aI0V0z.g0Rh

This is the spec you have to use, it gives you 53% spell damage reduction which is the only way to survive the breath and I still end up taking basically no physical damage so the healers can catch up after the breath is over.
    It seems like Rift Shield didn't works on Fumes. This build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...z.gc0aIzV.g0Rh + some wards from clerics will help you to do this fight with only one tank (pool debuff easily carried by dps warrior).
    Nuka <Elventy> (Icewatch EU)

Soulwalker

Has anyone tried Singularity from 44 VK? Reduces all non-physical damage by 50% for 10s, 1m recast.

Plane Touched

Power from the masses 10% less damage

Imbued Armor 5% less damage

Crest Mastery 9%

Devourer 20%

Hardened Will 9%

20+10+9+9+5 = 53%

20% more when under 30% health.

Just need a very specific build.

+ Reply to Thread