+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zor: When will we start seeing hard mode versions of raids?

Default Zor: When will we start seeing hard mode versions of raids?

Greenblight only takes like 2 hours to clear now and I'm sure RoS will be the same in 1-2 weeks unless there's some completely crazy **** block fight.

With that being said, are there any plans to make hard modes with better loot tables anytime soon? One day raid weeks are fun but it's starting to feel like "that game" again.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Ascendant

The vast majority of players haven't even been inside Greenscale's Blight, and yet we're already getting another 20-man raid instance. And yet you want more? Nope, not gonna happen.

How many guilds are clearing this content? Two dozen maybe?

So, yeah. This is the hardmode, for now. Relax. You and a handful of others have beaten the game. There's more content coming shortly anyways.

I suspect you are completely aware of all this, and made this thread as a sort of self congratulatory exercise.

Plane Walker

I would like to see a raid zone that you never "finish". Like Ancient Port Warehouse in Vanguard. 10+ bosses across 3 or 4 different levels. Each boss had lock out timers but it was nice to have something that was the same yet always progressing. Some bosses were not always up either. The zone had 6 shards that multiple groups could be in at any time. Getting to the end was an accomplishment that took a month or so of hardcore raiding. You could easily get to different levels with out pointles clearing.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-07-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    I would like to see a raid zone that you never "finish". Like Ancient Port Warehouse in Vanguard. 10+ bosses across 3 or 4 different levels. Each boss had lock out timers but it was nice to have something that was the same yet always progressing. Some bosses were not always up either. The zone had 6 shards that multiple groups could be in at any time. Getting to the end was an accomplishment that took a month or so of hardcore raiding. You could easily get to different levels with out pointles clearing.
    APW was a joke that a drunken toddler could stumble through. I much prefer Rift's style (WoW) raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassus View Post
    APW was a joke that a drunken toddler could stumble through. I much prefer Rift's style (WoW) raiding.
    I miss EQ's non instanced Raids. Alts camped out all over the world checking on boss spawns. Races to the spot and pull to beat other guilds. The inevitable train wars.

And my personal favorite, corpse dragging. Nothing like dumping someones corpse under a raid boss, or deep in a cave/temple/whatever. (Note: You had to give permission before someone could move your corpse)
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Telaran

Hopefully never, the blizzard lets recycle content by adding a few mechanics design is crap.

I'd rather they released a new tier of raiding rather than releasing hard mode versions of bosses we have already killed.

Sword of Telara

That gives you 6 more days a week to experience real life.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    Greenblight only takes like 2 hours to clear now and I'm sure RoS will be the same in 1-2 weeks unless there's some completely crazy **** block fight.

With that being said, are there any plans to make hard modes with better loot tables anytime soon? One day raid weeks are fun but it's starting to feel like "that game" again.
    Shut up! The game is 30 days old (not counting headstart) and already you have one raid instance on farm and another is just a few days away along with plans for a third instance in the next 1-2 months.

The dev's of "that other game" cant even sh!t recycled content as fast as Trion is releasing new content so dont even try to compare!

Quote Originally Posted by Nellee View Post
    Shut up! The game is 30 days old (not counting headstart) and already you have one raid instance on farm and another is just a few days away along with plans for a third instance in the next 1-2 months.

The dev's of "that other game" cant even sh!t recycled content as fast as Trion is releasing new content so dont even try to compare!
    I'm 90% sure we'll have RoS on farm before this raid week resets .
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Don't get too cocky, kid.

Trion might surprise you. If they do, this post could come back and haunt you.

You should be underplaying expectations on general principles. If your guild comes up short, expect raspberrys from the peanut gallery.

At any rate, it doesn't make a lick of business sense to make content for a handful of guilds. There's simply not enough of a player base to justify hard modes, and quite frankly, I agree with others in this thread that it would be better to make new content than to recycle old content by turning the dial up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Don't get too cocky, kid.

Trion might surprise you. If they do, this post could come back and haunt you.

You should be underplaying expectations on general principles. If your guild comes up short, expect raspberrys from the peanut gallery.

At any rate, it doesn't make a lick of business sense to make content for a handful of guilds. There's simply not enough of a player base to justify hard modes, and quite frankly, I agree with others in this thread that it would be better to make new content than to recycle old content by turning the dial up to 11.
    It wouldn't come back and haunt me.
    Scripted content is scripted, no matter how hard it may appear initially. Even if I don't clear it this upcoming week (we're schedule to raid Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday), I'm sure we'll clear it the week after and save Greenblight for later on in the week since it only takes 2 hours to clear.
    Hard modes would be a bit more appealing and interesting. They did it to instances via making experts and making them entirely different than the leveling content so I'm not quite sure why they couldn't do it with actual raid content.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

I think you're ******ed and don't know what "on farm" means.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Hard modes would be a bit more appealing and interesting. They did it to instances via making experts and making them entirely different than the leveling content so I'm not quite sure why they couldn't do it with actual raid content.
    Why would hardmodes be more appealing than making the actual encounters a challenge?

Truth be told hardmodes are just glorified gating for people intent on clearing everything. Need to clear normal to activate hardmode? Ok, hardmodes cleared in second reset. < This is the attitude you're displaying with the 'RoS on farm in 1 week' statement. Adding hardmodes won't give you any extra playability unless they up some massive gear checks which, tbh, aren't fun. Would you enjoy an Expert Johlen where the bomb has 20x the HP? Mechanics are mechanics are mechanics, expert or not, the best will clear them unless there is a higher gear requirement which can only be obtained by farming the normal mode.
    Rugz - 50 Tank Warrior - <Insert Coin> SteampikeEU

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    I think you're ******ed and don't know what "on farm" means.
    I do know, I was just being arrogant in general.

Also I would love to do Johlen where the bomb had more HP. We kill it with 10 seconds to spare without using CDs currently, maybe double or tripple the HP would be a lot more amusing,
    A hard hitting gear check fight would be quite fun than the usual move out of ****, los this cast, blah blah.
    Last edited by Sephiria; 04-07-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast