+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zor: Any hope for 10-man dungeons

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down Zor: Any hope for 10-man dungeons

Let's face it rift isn't super casual friendly. T1 dungeons are fairly well tuned. T2 is a pretty solid gear check over t1. Greenscales is a pretty huge step up after Duke as probably most casual guilds riding high on their first raid kill probably learned after getting continually pounded by Johlen's fairly steep 700 Dps per person requirement on the devastation bombs. People can learn strategies and maximize their soul builds but plateau quickly with mediocre gear.

Two the uber guild folks who will respond with find a better guild or l2p Rember you guys are an insanely small percent of the actual player base.

Twenty people with gear enough to raid is extremely hard to get. Even harder still is keeping your feared 20 people once the more hardcore guilds realize they are geared and start poaching them.
    10 man is the perfect size raid for more casual folks. It very doable to get ten spots but still gives you that I just accomplished something feeling 5-man's don't fill.

10 man dungeons can be a challenge sometimes even more so than 20 man because it is tougher to carry underperforming players.

Trion you have a great game here. please allow everyone to experience the content you have added. smaller raid options will certainly go a long way towards more people getting to experience the thrill of the very cool encounters you have created.

Zor

There is nothing I can reveal at this time. ;)
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    Be careful, sir. Careful omission can easily be construed as confirmation.

Especially with that tell tale smiley.

Rift Disciple

As a contract lawyer by trade I can appreciate that response. Thanks for the reply. Keep up the good work!

Please! or at least instance/phase rift raids.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Soulwalker

Well, For the exact reasons above I an leaving Rift! Been an MMO gamer for 7 years now and tbh i just wanted to leave all the hardcore nonsense behind me and come and chill out in Telara with a few E-friends, not really possible seeing you have to be 20 strong to raid and all have an amazing amount of time to gear in T2's.

This format will certainly not appeal to the masses, just the ***** im afraid. Back to Warcraft for me...nom nom Add ons, lag free, stuff that works and a chilled out 10 man on a sunday afternoon.

Really wanted Rift to be an awesome game, and in some respects it really is, but Trion you are just starting out, best not to upset too many people i guess?...!

Shadowlander

Trion, please if you add 10 man content make it different then the 20 man content, because MMO's need to feel epic again and clearing things on both 10/20 man mode is boring and takes away from the draw of raiding high end content.

Please do not turn this into WOW 2.0, be unique let there be EPIC end game guilds, i know ill never be on one i don't have the time but I want something to aspire to, not just "give me something because i don't have enough time or im not good enough" i hate that mentality!

its ok that people are better then me or can do things i cant such is life, and another reason is EVERYONE and there mother running around in the exact same hand out epics, its really sad and imo rather bland and if there's one thing rift isent its bland!!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Obannon View Post
    Trion, please if you add 10 man content make it different then the 20 man content, because MMO's need to feel epic again and clearing things on both 10/20 man mode is boring and takes away from the draw of raiding high end content.
    Designing completely different content for 10 man and 20 man raids hurts everyone and benefits nobody. 20 man guilds will have to run both. 10 man guilds won't get to experience one. Trion would have to effectively double the efforts (and possibly size) of the creative teams behind raid, dungeon and art design, then either delay the content or rush it out the door. All that for something that a great many subscribers won't ever experience to begin with.

The team behind wow gambled on the 10/25 man instance concept. It took them an entire expansion to iron out the kinks, but they finally got it right. I quit well before, but my friends that still play tell me they enjoy the flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    Any hope for 10-man dungeons.
    Since the soul nerf shows they intend for it to be impossible for small to medium guilds to even run Raid Rifts regularly I'm not holding out any hope for 10-man raid dungeons.

Even if they add one it will probably require 30 corrupted souls be bound to a key you can only get for 20pp from a faction vendor that insta-kills you if you dare approach him with less than Glorified faction just to get in each time.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 04-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Since the soul nerf shows they intend for it to be impossible for small to medium guilds to even run Raid Rifts regularly I'm not holding out any hope for 10-man raid dungeons.

Even if they add one it will probably require 30 corrupted souls be bound to a key you can only get for 20pp from a faction vendor that insta-kills you if you dare approach him with less than Glorified faction just to get in each time.
    Turns out that wasn't working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Please please please add 10 man raids. It is so much easier to form a raid of 10 friends or people that you know than to find 20.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Agreed - Please end the 20-Man+ Raid decade and begin the 10-Mans

They're more enjoyable, less drama, more fun and let's all admit... more intimate.

-:- Founder | Silkweb -:-

Wouldn't mind seeing 2-3 instances for 10 people added.

Something between T2 Dungeons / Raid-Rifts <--- 10-people instances ---> Greenscale and other 20mans.

Less drama, more intimate is correct!
    Last edited by Kita; 04-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Trion please add 1 man raids. 2 man raids are casual unfriendly and its unfair to those who like to solo. We all pay the same sub and i demand to be able to get the same rewards!

Do this now or ima take my ball and go home!

oh god please dont turn into mythic with posts like this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast