+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2s will be nerfed if LFD is ever put in.

Rift Chaser

Default T2s will be nerfed if LFD is ever put in.

I don't see pugs beating Scarn in a million years. There's nothing complicated about the fight but good god staying stacked together while avoiding a simple ground ae is just harder than programming a VCR for some people.

What's a VCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Kalivos View Post
    What's a VCR?
    The thing all us old folk used before DVD players were invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    The thing all us old folk used before DVD players were invented.
    Oh, you mean a betamax player.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skagzilla View Post
    I don't see pugs beating Scarn in a million years. There's nothing complicated about the fight but good god staying stacked together while avoiding a simple ground ae is just harder than programming a VCR for some people.
    I was just commenting on this the other day. T2 are tuned for a more dedicated gamer right now. They're not the least bit PUG friendly and won't be without significant nerfs. I'm not ASKING for nerfs and I'm not saying they're necessary, I'm just saying I wouldn't PUG this content if I was paid.

Seriously?
    On what server are you playing.
    I pugged everything. We even pug killed scarn (yes, it was 2 bard + healer, cheesing it) but we still managed to kill him. Without tactics. That was around 2 days after end of head start.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skagzilla View Post
    DD is one of my favorite T2s, just because of the thoughts of a full pug going in and what goes through their head.

First 5 Bosses down "Oh geez, this T2 is so easy. Why is it even a T2? Lol any noob can do this"

15 wipes later on Scarn

"OH GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THIS"
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Seriously?
    On what server are you playing.
    I pugged everything. We even pug killed scarn (yes, it was 2 bard + healer, cheesing it) but we still managed to kill him. Without tactics. That was around 2 days after end of head start.
    There's quite a big gulf between the type of player who is max level in the first month and people who are slower. (Before someone bites my head off, I know there are exceptions).

Even the proportion of MMO veterans who entered headstart is different from the people who idly clicked a link because they were bored 3 weeks after launch.

I've played lots of MMOs and you always see a decline in skill if you're one of the first few to max level.

Next don't underestimate the power of playing with players from the same server. Most of us who put groups together filter our groups. People I know are good get checked first for availability. YOU may be a complete stranger but possibly I've recruited two others who I know are competent. Equally I can ignore list people I really don't want in my groups which filters out terrible, rude and impatient players, the guys who leave on the first wipe.

I also suspect there may be an element of people not bringing their best game to LFD. I usually queue as a healing cleric. However I quite like to dps, just rarely get the chance. However with LFD I can register as dps and go about my business. I'm a much better healer than I am a dpser. But it's the no stress, easy mode way of collecting gear from pugs. I did this quite a lot in WoW which I played in Dec and Jan. Why heal random strangers and sweat, when I can mash my macro while watching youtube if I choose a different role? I don't think I'm the only player who doesn't bring my best game to cross-server pugs.
    Last edited by Stabsy; 04-07-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Rift Disciple

Scarn = use extra healers to compensate for strategy, use chloro, bard & a warden and its almost impossible to fail.

Scarn doesn't require that much coordination. It just needs every person to know what they are doing and probably stack an extra healer/support for the fight. There are however many fights that would be a pain in the arse with a LFD system.

And yes you are right, if we get wowish LFD then the T2 must be made easier or give wowish "luck of the draw" buff that helps with pugs. At current state the completion rate of T2s with random pugs would be minimal.

+ Reply to Thread