+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lets be honest, does anyone ever 1 Shot Prince Hylas pretty often?

We have one shot him three weeks in a row....he bunnies around 12% it seems, wait for soul fracture to go off and dot to go away and push him, not very hard =)

Cheers.

Plane Touched

3 weeks as well. Now if I can get people to get their stuff together we'd down LG.

Wiped like 20 times already on him.

We can get through the first phase (and the critters etc) just fine, but since he heals back to 50% we can't get him dead before he gains so many stacks that he simply rapes us.

The DPS check is what's ****ing us over, since ranged DPS is absolutely atrociously horrendous in RIFT.

Should we be going for a melee-DPS heavy config with tons of nightblades and beastmasters instead, despite having to run out of melee range all the time?

Also, I had the lowest amount of HP in the raid (4900) and I can say without a doubt that it was not enough, I still just got randomly killed by him, for example when polymorph sends me into a bomb just as soul fracture hits - instant death. I died about twice during every attempt, until I put on some pvp gear in exchange for doing no DPS whatsoever. I've re-spec'd accordingly though, going heavy in ranger and riftstalker for the damage reductions.

I assume you need at least 5500 HP.

First three bosses are ridiculously easy though, one shot them every time.
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-13-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post

We can get through the first phase (and the critters etc) just fine, but since he heals back to 50% we can't get him dead before he gains so many stacks that he simply rapes us.

The DPS check is what's ****ing us over, since ranged DPS is absolutely atrociously horrendous in RIFT.

Should we be going for a melee-DPS heavy config with tons of nightblades and beastmasters instead, despite having to run out of melee range all the time?

Also, I had the lowest amount of HP in the raid (4900) and I can say without a doubt that it was not enough, I still just got randomly killed by him, for example when polymorph sends me into a bomb just as soul fracture hits - instant death. I died about twice during every attempt, until I put on some pvp gear in exchange for doing no DPS whatsoever. I've re-spec'd accordingly though, going heavy in ranger and riftstalker for the damage reductions.

Ranged DPS is perfectly fine. You should probably have your Rogues/Mages re-do their souls/check forums on what they're doing wrong.

Polymorph can be trivialized since he always targets one person whom he wants to polymorph. If you spread out + are able to call out the person he polymorphs, the people around him should not get hit by hit. I think on average we have 1-2 people polymorphed. When he targets someone to polymorph, the person who is targetted usually runs to a far back wall to avoid getting other players polymorphed rather than everyone trying to get away from that person getting cluster ****ed. Doing it this way almost nullifies Polymorph -> Bomb -> Soul Fracture.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Two shot with week, and we rotated a lot of new people in to see it.

But yeah, there is a lot of RNG compared to other fights.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

sounds like your failing @ bringing him out of his healing phase..
    Last edited by TyrLith; 04-13-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    sounds like your failing @ bringing him out of his healing phase..
    I hope you are not trying to kill wolves when you come back in, should be nuking his shield, all cooldowns and pots, consumables etc....it has 70k health and will really suck if he gets to heal alot and get those treants out....but last phase is just the same fight with some adds to heal through, don't panic and you will get it =)
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tehJormungandr View Post
    Just put Criplinng Infestation/Power Drain on Hylas every time he casts Soul Fracture. Easymod.
    We are about to start getting attempts in on him, had a question though

How often does he cast Soul Fracture?
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    Ranged DPS is perfectly fine. You should probably have your Rogues/Mages re-do their souls/check forums on what they're doing wrong.

Polymorph can be trivialized since he always targets one person whom he wants to polymorph. If you spread out + are able to call out the person he polymorphs, the people around him should not get hit by hit. I think on average we have 1-2 people polymorphed. When he targets someone to polymorph, the person who is targetted usually runs to a far back wall to avoid getting other players polymorphed rather than everyone trying to get away from that person getting cluster ****ed. Doing it this way almost nullifies Polymorph -> Bomb -> Soul Fracture.
    It's pretty difficult to avoid a person since with no nameplates (the only names that show up are so horribly small and pixelized that you can't hope to even read them), even knowing who's the target won't allow you to run away from them.

Our best bet is to run when we see the white circle, but even with speed boosts I can't manage to get past the edge of the effect before it triggers even if I start running instantly, and not everybody has a blink to rely on.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my ranged DPS specs, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to break the 600 DPS barrier (self-buffed), compared to being able to put out 700+ with ease as nightblade. Both are crap considering I would be doing 900+ and easily over 1k buffed with pre-nerf saboteur though.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    I hope you are not trying to kill wolves when you come back in, should be nuking his shield, all cooldowns and pots, consumables etc....it has 70k health and will really suck if he gets to heal alot and get those treants out....but last phase is just the same fight with some adds to heal through, don't panic and you will get it =)
    No. We're nuking his shield straight away, and we break it just after the first treant spawns, but he stills heals to about 50% during that time. If I recall correctly, during the time we spend running while crittered, he heals back to 45% or so and we're just beelining the fastest path while sticking to the leftmost wall to minimize aggro.

I've even tried specing into a low-DPS, high-burst spec just so I can break the shield faster, but even with 30 seconds of pure burst (deep MM obviously) I can't make much of a difference.

It's pretty difficult to avoid a person since with no nameplates (the only names that show up are so horribly small and pixelized that you can't hope to even read them), even knowing who's the target won't allow you to run away from them.

Our best bet is to run when we see the white circle, but even with speed boosts I can't manage to get past the edge of the effect before it triggers even if I start running instantly, and not everybody has a blink to rely on.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my ranged DPS specs, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to break the 600 DPS barrier (self-buffed), compared to being able to put out 700+ with ease as nightblade. Both are crap considering I would be doing 900+ and easily over 1k buffed with pre-nerf saboteur though.

No. We're nuking his shield straight away, and we break it just after the first treant spawns, but he stills heals to about 50% during that time. If I recall correctly, during the time we spend running while crittered, he heals back to 45% or so and we're just beelining the fastest path while sticking to the leftmost wall to minimize aggro.

I've even tried specing into a low-DPS, high-burst spec just so I can break the shield faster, but even with 30 seconds of pure burst (deep MM obviously) I can't make much of a difference.

You guys sound like you're doing fine. You should still be able to kill him if he heals that much and his Soul Fracture is no where near lethal until 15+ enrage stacks. As for our ranged DPS, as much as everyone loves it when I brag about how good it is - all our ranger push 850-900+ on that fight and do really well. We've never ever had them go sabo except 1 for learning Greenscale when we had threat issues. I'd suggest going to check our Sozu's informative yet incomplete Ranger guide. I MT Hylas and position him in the middle right after all adds are dead so that everyone can spread out equally around the hedges. We run 4 DPS Warriors + Me + 2 other tanks that melee then everything around us is ranged. The melee run to the 4 corners and the ranged continue to spread out equally around the outside so that only 1-2 players get polymorphed thus trivializing it. The only time it's a bit iffy is if Melee get polymorphed but no one ever gets RNGed from it.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post
    He's not that bad...

At least not compared to GS imo.
    Persoanlly I think GS is easier than Hylas. We 1 shotted GS last week and 3 shotted Hylas. Both really arent all that hard. They just require people to not mess up.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

You guys sound like you're doing fine. You should still be able to kill him if he heals that much and his Soul Fracture is no where near lethal until 15+ enrage stacks. As for our ranged DPS, as much as everyone loves it when I brag about how good it is - all our ranger push 850-900+ on that fight and do really well. We've never ever had them go sabo except 1 for learning Greenscale when we had threat issues. I'd suggest going to check our Sozu's informative yet incomplete Ranger guide. I MT Hylas and position him in the middle right after all adds are dead so that everyone can spread out equally around the hedges. We run 4 DPS Warriors + Me + 2 other tanks that melee then everything around us is ranged. The melee run to the 4 corners and the ranged continue to spread out equally around the outside so that only 1-2 players get polymorphed thus trivializing it. The only time it's a bit iffy is if Melee get polymorphed but no one ever gets RNGed from it.
    I've had a look at it. It seems like, to my best efforts, I was making the mistake of actually using cooldowns as opposed to just pressing 2 buttons over and over again.

My DPS has improved to 660ish using Ranger due to that, thanks a lot.

I'd suggest going to check our Sozu's informative yet incomplete Ranger guide..
    Lol. And what exactly is incomplete about it? And wait...Check "our"? Is it just me or werent you one of the ones in the thread insisting I was doing it all wrong and my DPS is ridiculously low? Now you're recommending an incomplete guide to other people?
    Last edited by Bik; 04-13-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: removed insult and rude

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Plane Touched

Sabo and Rangers both pull 1250+ over the whole LS fight due to the amount of aoe.
    Stormcallers are normally #1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Lol. And what exactly is incomplete about it? And wait...Check "our"? Is it just me or werent you one of the ones in the thread insisting I was doing it all wrong and my DPS is ridiculously low? Now you're recommending an incomplete guide to other people?
    I actually meant check it out* and that was a typo because I was posting from my iPhone. I didn't mean our cause I don't want credit for it when you clearly put it up. I said Sozu's guide because it was easy to find. I said it was incomplete because you're still doing things wrong and people are baby sitting you through it and competent people are actually posting in it making it worth a good read. I'd post in it some more but I'm at my infraction limit and close to a forum suspension.
    Last edited by Bik; 04-13-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: removed rude reply
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast