+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Malformed & Corrupted Souls

Rift Team

Default Malformed & Corrupted Souls

I wanted to stop by and give a quick update on Malformed & Corrupted souls, and which fixes are in progress to help with the rate of earning these items.

Dungeons are one way of aquiring these items, but at the same time we want a path in which playing RIFT content opens up access to additional RIFT content. So Malformed and Corrupted souls should have also been dropping off the appropriate high level rift content. Currently on live this is not the case and the team is working to remedy that issue ASAP.

Ultimately players should be able to obtain these items from more locations then just dungeons

Malformed Souls
    • Tier 1 End Dungeon Bosses (Common)
    • Level 50 Rifts (rare)
    • Shimmersand, Ironpine, and Stillmoor Colossi Events (uncommon)

Corrupted Souls
    • Tier 2 End Dungeon Bosses (Common)
    • Expert Rifts (Common)
    • Shimmersand, Ironpine, and Stillmoor Colossi Events (rare)
    • Shimmersand, Ironpine, and Stillmoor Zone Events (uncommon)

After we get these items fixed on LIVE we will continue to watch the drop rate for these items, as well as the rate in which the content is being spawned and completed. Ultimately we want this content to be accessible, but not trivially common.

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    Last edited by Gersh_Trion; 04-06-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Banned

wow very cool see

I like this idea.
    There has been a lack of players doing Rifts (other than EX/RR) at 50.

Rift Disciple

This is good news, but it might not be enough.
    Zone events are not a reliable source of souls (read : wont be) on my server : itis a major pita when you are in the underpopulated faction.
    I hope expert rifts will drop 2 corrupted souls, one along each loot.
    I also hope we wont have to close 20 lvl50 rifts on average to get a malformed soul...

Also putting in an option to exchange planarite for malformed souls at fixed rate would be quite needed.
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

What are Colossi Events?
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Rift Disciple

If you want the events to be uncommon, then the rewards given to players for completing them need to be appropriate. Currently spending 10 man hours per corrupted soul means players have to invest 100 hours of gametime to just open one raid rift, or 20 hours per player, if all players combine souls.

To get 4 epic level essences, A player will have to complete 14 raid daily quests, or commit to spending 180 hours/7.5 days of gametime to get the essences.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    I like this idea.
    There has been a lack of players doing Rifts (other than EX/RR) at 50.
    lack of? I have not seen a single rift raid on Faemist since this happened. Why do an open world raid where you will get wiped by the opposite faction?

I just learned to live with the fact I will never see this on a pvp server. wtb server x-fers so I can enjoy 85% of the actual game?

My guess will be then, that PUGs will still get screwed over.

Before the stealth change, everyone in a PUG got a soul from either T1 or T2 for their guild so they can contribute to open an expert or raid rift.

Now you got 1 out of 5 people (worst case scenario) getting a soul from a dungeon for their guild - and the same will probably happen in expert rifts with PUGs, since - after seeing the directions Trion decided to take so far to block progression - I honestly doubt there will be dropping 5 souls at those rifts.

Raid rifts dropping souls is another matter. For guild's that are able to do them without any alliance or other outside help it's alright (if you can call it that, after the nerf). If only 1 soul drops though, loosely formed raids between 2 or more guilds will be screwed again.
    Also the drop rate "rare" has yet to be determined. If it's "Imbued leather quest"-rare, then **** that seriously.

Btw., changing it in the first place and then calling the stealth change "Definately not working as intended" afterwards, while not restoring the old drop rate and putting new, slower systems to attain the items in place - how dumb do you think is your customer base?!
    Did you think no one would notice that no souls drop any more from other bosses than the last ones?
    It's (once again) just a **** move by Trion to slow progression.

PS: As mentioned, the time investment just to open a raid rift for the rewards offered isn't justified any more after the change imho.
    On PvP servers the stage and collapse timers screw you over if you get zerged, no matter how persistent you are in trying to finish the encounters.
    Last edited by Wake; 04-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.

From what i read unless they gonna increase the numbers of souls drop per expert or raid rift or normal rifts event then i think its still not enough to justify for the dailies in both expert and raid rift..

Keep my finger cross since they have fail badly in patch 1.1 which is their 1st major patch and how many of u guys lose your rift friends due to patch 1.1..

This thread will be alive http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2044669 till they finally make their expert rift and raid rift content more accessible if not PLEASE CHANGE THE GAME NAME.. Dont call it "RIFT"

Soulwalker

I hate to say it, but it definitely wasn't a stealth change. The patch notes were released long enough in advance for my guild to have plenty of warning and start stocking up before the change hit.

I'm hoping the intent here was that the CHANGE was not working as they had hoped it would, that is: not having the intended effect, not that the current system is bugged. Overall I think it's a great change and will go a long way to help.

Also, having more useful rewards from Rifts would probably encourage one to participate in same, I'd think.

Rift Disciple

Guss we'll just have to wait and see what the drop rate is for 'uncommon' and 'rare' respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by kosstile View Post
    I hate to say it, but it definitely wasn't a stealth change. The patch notes were released long enough in advance for my guild to have plenty of warning and start stocking up before the change hit.
    Yeah, that was my bad - remembered it wrong (probably because Trion likes to conveniently leave out notes far too often for my taste).
    Still a bad change imho.
    Last edited by Wake; 04-06-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Best change would be that everyone in party would get 1 malformed / corrupted soul from the end boss in expert dungeons. 1 drop per dungeon is not enough I say. Haven't seen any rift raids or expert rifts open since the nerf was implemented.
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    What are Colossi Events?
    wondering that too... guessing thats where purple sourcestones are from also?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast