+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: State of the dungeons

Zor

Default State of the dungeons

Well it's been a fun and wild first month! I wanted to give you guys some insight to some of the things we're doing and where we are going. Disclaimer: If I don't mention a particular topic or issue doesn't mean that it's something we're not thinking about or addressing.

Standard Dungeons
    We're fairly happy with our leveling dungeons in terms of difficulty. For the most part we've only identified a few small issues. Some might say they are on the "easy" side but we're ok with that.

Expert Dungeons
    Our multi-tiered Expert dungeons are meant to be challenging and have a much more focused level of difficulty. For the most part we very happy where we are after a few adjustments. We don't currently plan on any sweeping changes but we'll closely monitor the effects of the class changes might have.

There are a few items I wish to touch on.
    1. Melee have it tough
    While we try to make almost every encounter have a reasonable balance between melee and ranged dps builds, there are definitely some encounters that are perhaps too melee unfriendly. We have plans to adjust a few of the more egregious ones to be a bit more balanced (Ragnoth for example) .

2. Itemization
    I don't want to represent our friends that handle the itemization for our game, but as mentioned in other posts, we are actively looking to improve the types and amounts of items our expert dungeons provide.

3. Trash Mobs
    We have some general targets of overall trash vs boss ratio that we've mostly met. There are a few areas that we've identified <cough> King's Breach <cough> that could benefit from being from being a little less dense.

4. Caelia
    Everybody's favorite boss right? Without spoiling anything for players who have not encountered her yet, there is an issue with the messaging of a particular spell. We will try to get the engineering time required to fix the issue properly or find another solution if we have to. Until then, if you are having trouble, there are some excellent strategies suggested in the forums and other locations.

Instanced Raids
    Overall we are very happy with the current state of Greenscale's Blight. By the next server update everything should be balanced where we want it be, and all of the major issues should be addressed.

We are very excited that River of Souls will be opening up for you very soon, with some very fun encounters that should punch you in the face.

Over the coming months we'll be releasing the next tier of raiding as well as a few surprises so stay tuned.
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Think you guys are doing a fantastic job! Will be here for a long time. Keep up the great work!
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

/cheer! Sounds like the PVE side of things is well-handled... if we could see a similar post for the PVP/RVR subforum it would rock! As always, thanks for the excellent communication and info.

-50 Mage, fully T2 decked, working on Greenscale raiding now (Duke down, almost got Infiltrator Johlen (14% a couple times, resuming soon to continue), and happy with the PVE in Rift... just not the PVP.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 04-01-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

You cover instanced raids, but what about non-instanced ones? And experts?

Still waiting for a response on the unnecessary soul droprate nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post

^^^
    5 Experts to open one 5 man rift = /sadface.

It'd be great if you guys would fix Caelia and the 4th boss in RD. That guy is extremely annoying since he sometimes does a triple attack or jumps through the pillar (and in some cases twice) while the healer has him LoS'd and will instagib them. It's an overall difficult fight sometimes just attempting to deal with the bugs more then anything else.

Also, Eliam has a tendancy to bug out as well. There's still quite a few issues where bosses simply don't function correctly which makes for wasted time. We had an issue in CC last night as well where one of our members had the problem with invisible mobs in CC so they relogged. When they logged back in they were outside the instance and couldn't get back in. So, we tried leaving and porting them in and got the message that we weren't a member of the group (even though it was our instance and we had locks).

We eventually got back in, but all of the mobs were reset and we had to start over. Quite a frustrating experience. With all the issues in CC it's just made it an instance I absolutely loathe doing.

Banned

Hey keep it up. Just keep listening to feedback from experienced raiders and you will be fine and fix bugs/tweeks and it should be fun.

Thanks to Addiction/ssN or any other guild that has been helping to find bugs and deal with them and make it better for the rest of us.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    4. Caelia
    Everybody's favorite boss right? Without spoiling anything for players who have not encountered her yet, there is an issue with the messaging of a particular spell. We will try to get the engineering time required to fix the issue properly or find another solution if we have to. Until then, if you are having trouble, there are some excellent strategies suggested in the forums and other locations.
    Finally, good to see Trion address this.

Yes, please fix Caelia ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post

What he said. There are raid and expert rift dailies and I assume they're meant to be completable every day but as it is you have to do every single dungeon in the game every day if you want to do that.

Champion

What about the obvious corrupted and malformed soul mess up.
    There's no way that was on purpose.
    Right?

RIGHT?!

Excellent four points. There are a few other things I would love to see addressed, but this is a great start.

I know I'm not the only one that would like to say it's very much appreciated you're being open with the fact that melee have it tough in expert dungeons. Tough being the nice way to put it.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Thanks for the updates, as always, I really appreciate it when you take the time to update the player base.

So ... are the new loots in experts implemented ?
    What about Guardian Epic Quest chain ( Saga Quest Chain ), will we see it fixed any time today. Also one quest item per Greenscale kill ?
    Will people who already did this week Greenscale Blight without more loot and **** get somehow refunded ?
    Would like to have some proper feedback please. I have waited for more then 7days to get in touch with a in-game GM and in the end after tons of automatically messages I got told that TRION is unable to provide help and hints for quests ??? -.-

Anyhow can't wait to see the new raid instance and the surprises that awaits us in the future !
    Last edited by Deify; 04-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    3. Trash Mobs
    We have some general targets of overall trash vs boss ratio that we've mostly met. There are a few areas that we've identified <cough> King's Breach <cough> that could benefit from being from being a little less dense.
    <loudcoughindevsface>Deepstrike Mines<loudcoughindevsface>
    This instance is just horrendously stretched out if you factor in the additional way to go and trash from the added expert part.

Also, what was mentioned already:
    Great job at only letting 1 corrupted and malformed soul drop, now PUGs can backstab and ***** at each other even more because 5 people of 5 different guilds have to roll over 1 measly soul!
    Offering dailies for expert and raid rifts when you need so many completed T1 or T2 dungeons (with the same people preferably from your own guild, cause in PUGs the soul goes to whoever wins the roll) in the first place is..../facepalm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast