+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TO TRION: Lord Greenscale's Many Bugs

Default TO TRION: Lord Greenscale's Many Bugs

So, my guild reached Greenscale last Thursday and we spent about 3 nights of attempts on him. During which, we encountered a ton of encounter-breaking bugs. On Monday, we did finally kill Greenscale and proudly did it without abusing any of the bugs. Below is our video of our kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5U8pv-VOQ

Throughout our attempts, we couldn't really figure out how to duplicate the bugs or even why they happened. But below are the many different forms Greenscale came in.

Greenscale #1
    This is the 'normal' Greenscale as seen in the video above. I believe everything worked as intended.
    End Result: A good strategy and execution is rewarded with a kill.

Greenscale #2
    Bug: Begins using Mushroom Bombs at 100% instead of 75%.
    Bug: Does not fly at 75% or 50%. This also means there is no add-phase during these stages.
    Bug: Does fly at 25% and fight is normal after that, only there are still 2 deathly flame pools available.
    Bug: Never spawns Bracken.
    End Result: An incredibly easy fight to get him down to 25%. And an even-easier 25%-0% than normal.

Greenscale #3
    Bug: Same as Greenscale #2, only Bracken spawns starting at 100%.
    End Result: Basically just an entirely different fight than the 'normal' fight. Not really sure if it's harder or easier.

Greenscale #4
    Bug: Annihilator's corpse never despawns. The safe beam of light is always active. This in turn causes Greenscale to permanently stay in the air and never end the add phase.
    End Result: You stand in the beam of light immune to all plants. You can just simply range DPS Greenscale until he dies.

Greenscale #5
    Bug?: Not sure if this is the bug or normal, but we really only encountered this once out of about 20-30 attempts. Greenscale will whip his tail and disarm people.
    End Result: A very difficult fight!

Greenscale #6
    Bug: During the add phase, the Annihilator's corpse either doesn't spawn the beam of light or the entire raid doesn't get the buff.
    End Result: Everyone dies to the death wisp.

I'm sure there are many other bugs, but those are 6 pretty crucial ones... Pretty much can break the encounter and allow guilds to down Greenscale just because it bugged out. As a guild that learned the fight legitimately, I'm kind of irked by that notion and would like Greenscale to be fixed. My guild would gladly test this event (and others) to insure this doesn't happen again. It's very frustrating competing against other players world-wide on different rule-sets.

There are also some issues with Noxious Fumes and Deathly Flames that I would gladly explain to a dev in a PM.

Overall, this encounter is awful. Especially considering how easy Greenscale was at the launch of the game versus now. I hope you guys can fix his many bugs ASAP and also find some better testers for your future raid instances. It's very frustrating competing and losing to guilds who only killed Greenscale because they bugged him out.

We are aware of these bugs and are working on a fix. Two in particular - mushrooms/bracken/wisps spawning in inappropriate phases following a wipe and Greenscale failing to cast Genesis Torrent, derailing the add phase - have proven difficult to track down, as they have never occurred on the internal environment and only ever occur on live shards.

Any additional information you can provide would certainly help us resolve this issue more quickly.

There's also the bug where the 'fire' pits deactivate early (without GS spawning adds from it) preventing someone from pickng up the buff.
    Founder and Guild Master of Arctic Vikings Steampike EU http://arcticvikings.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Trion View Post
    We are aware of these bugs and are working on a fix. Two in particular - mushrooms/bracken/wisps spawning in inappropriate phases following a wipe and Greenscale failing to cast Genesis Torrent, derailing the add phase - have proven difficult to track down, as they have never occurred on the internal environment and only ever occur on live shards.

Any additional information you can provide would certainly help us resolve this issue more quickly.
    I sent you a PM with additional information. I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Trion View Post

Since we're on topic about broken phases following a wipe:
    You may take a look at the final boss in Runic Descent (T2) and his ghosts not despawning if a group wipes from his Final Blow too.
    It's fun to get to the boss per foot (btw moar and better teleporter for ALL dungeons plz), only to get oneshotted again as soon as you engage.

Also, dyeable PvP armor - do it! ;)
    Last edited by Wake; 03-29-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Krinadon View Post
    Greenscale #4
    Bug: Annihilator's corpse never despawns. The safe beam of light is always active. This in turn causes Greenscale to permanently stay in the air and never end the add phase.
    End Result: You stand in the beam of light immune to all plants. You can just simply range DPS Greenscale until he dies.
    This bug is caused by the a BM's pet using pounce. We had all of our BM's turn off pounce, and had one use it to check. We were able to replicate this bug every time. We have since had all our BM's turn off pounce so that we could do the fight as intended (still haven't downed him ).

At this point in time, pounce can root every single boss in Greenscale. You can permanently root Duke Letareus during any point in the fight with a pounce rotation. You can root Infiltrator out of melee range of the tank witha pounce rotation. You can root the Necrotic Werewolf in the Aleria fight with a pounce rotation. The pounce bug is game breaking, and I would hope it is fixed in tomorrows patch.

Telaran

http://i53.tinypic.com/95mq38.jpg

Kept him at 1 HP for about 3 minutes without him dying. The first attempt (the one before this) he spawned 6-7 plants instead of 3-4 and the plants were only taking 30% damage from Deathly Flames. What the hell Trion?
    Main Tank of

+ Reply to Thread