+ Reply to Thread

Thread: despite having incredible diversity in souls. we're STILL slaves to 2 callings.

Telaran

Default despite having incredible diversity in souls. we're STILL slaves to 2 callings.

every t2 group MUST absolutely have a cleric healer in their group. worse then this the hard t2's require you to have a chloro in your group as well as the cleric healer. we have 3 solid choices for tanks, rogue's warrior's and clerics. however a cleric speccing tank removes one of the bottleneck classes. every cleric that specs tanking is one less cleric to heal, something that you absolutely must have. wow had this problem back when clerics were the only viable healer. it later became less of a problem with shamans and druids healing. but in wow the major bottleneck was tanks. there was only 1 choice of tanks for a very very long time. the second choice for tank was druids which again took away from healers.

right now, unless you have a group of friends you normally run with it takes hours to form a t2 group. you are always constantly looking for either a chloro or a cleric healer. so what is the point of this rant? the point of this rant is to point out this bottleneck and to ask that you make chloromancers a viable main healer for t2 dungeons. give chloro's a healing spell that has no cooldown so they can mainheal the tank.

you also need to improve bard healing to step them up to a proper off healer for t2's. i understand that making bard healing scale or improving their heals might make them op for raid healing. but there are solutions to that. make it so if their heal hits more then 3 targets then the heal does less. for instance right now coda of restoration is healing for about 500 hp to 10 people, i've heard you plan to bring it down to 5 people. i propose that if coda of restoration hits more then 4 people the healing it does is cut by 1 quarter, and if it heals more then 7 it's healing is lowered again, and so forth. however if it heals less then less then 3 people, the healing it does goes up by a bit, say 15 or 20%. something like that to make bards a viable offhealer in experts. this reduces their op raid healing, while helping them in smaller groups.

right now offhealing in t2's can only be done by clerics or chloro's. bards are nearly irrelevant in t2's. this causes 2 bottlenecks in forming groups, clerics and chloro's, as i discussed above. it's making for a seriously boring time in rift. so much so that people probably think the rift community is small, when it isn't. what's really the problem is the bottlenecking issue. i think the suggestions i've made are quite reasonable, and could potentially alleviate the bottlenecking problem with groups.

We've done Chloro/bard for heals in T2's with no cleric healer.

lol.

We run all t2's with a chloro solo healing. Got several rapid assults under our belt. They are more than capable main healing.
    9/9

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kingbane View Post
    every t2 group MUST absolutely have a cleric healer in their group. worse then this the hard t2's require you to have a chloro in your group as well as the cleric healer.

right now offhealing in t2's can only be done by clerics or chloro's. bards are nearly irrelevant in t2's.
    I'm sorry, but I really have not noticed either of those to be the case. I have not yet done an entire T2 dungeon with only a Chloromancer healer, but I have done some individual bosses with them solo healing and fully cleared a number of T1's. I have not noticed anything about them that would lead me to believe they are inviable as main healers for 5-man dungeons. Perhaps I just need more experience running with them, but there aren't any full-time Chloros in my guild right now so I don't group with them terribly often.

Your statement that bards are not capable offhealers in T2's also seems wildly inaccurate to me. I've had many experiences now where we tried a fight with a solo healer (usually a cleric) and had trouble staying alive, then had a rogue switch to bard on the next attempt and found it much easier. Their healing is non-trivial, especially if they know the mechanics of the fight well enough to time Virtuoso for when it is most beneficial. They are usually able to completely handle any AoE damage on the group while the main healer focuses exclusively on the tank. The fact that bards are good offhealers is taken as such a given on my server that I frankly can't even imagine anyone questioning it.

Shadowlander

Chloro heals surpass Cleric MT heals any given day.

Every single T1 & T2 run ive been in, i do the carrying, the cleric just stand back and slacks like the off-healer he is.

Rift Disciple

Also, I'd like to point out that you absolutely do not need 2 healers at all times in a T2 dungeon. There's at least one fight in every T2 that I prefer to 2-heal, but most bosses and all trash pulls can be done with a solo healer (and occasionally the use of CC.)

I've also cleared every T2 with a cleric main healer and a rogue in the group who occasionally switches to Bard on more healing-intensive fights. If you're standing around in your city spending two hours trying to find two different main healers in order to attempt a T2 I think you're being excessively cautious and wasting a lot of time. Just find one main healer (cleric or mage) and a rogue who doesn't mind being a Bard for one or two boss fights (dime a dozen on my server) and go.

Telaran

maybe the chloro's i've run with are undergeared or something but i really have a hard time see'ing a chloro solo healing dsm.

Shadowlander

You can do every t2 with a chloro main healing with occasional bard support. The last boss in DD is a bit of an exception to this because it's difficult for chloros and bards to hit the boss when he starts flying and it limits their healing effectiveness so its much easier to have a cleric for the fight.

Rift Disciple

every t2 group MUST absolutely have a cleric healer in their group. worse then this the hard t2's require you to have a chloro in your group as well as the cleric healer. we have 3 solid choices for tanks, rogue's warrior's and clerics. however a cleric speccing tank removes one of the bottleneck classes. every cleric that specs tanking is one less cleric to heal, something that you absolutely must have. wow had this problem back when clerics were the only viable healer. it later became less of a problem with shamans and druids healing. but in wow the major bottleneck was tanks. there was only 1 choice of tanks for a very very long time. the second choice for tank was druids which again took away from healers.

right now, unless you have a group of friends you normally run with it takes hours to form a t2 group. you are always constantly looking for either a chloro or a cleric healer. so what is the point of this rant? the point of this rant is to point out this bottleneck and to ask that you make chloromancers a viable main healer for t2 dungeons. give chloro's a healing spell that has no cooldown so they can mainheal the tank.

you also need to improve bard healing to step them up to a proper off healer for t2's. i understand that making bard healing scale or improving their heals might make them op for raid healing. but there are solutions to that. make it so if their heal hits more then 3 targets then the heal does less. for instance right now coda of restoration is healing for about 500 hp to 10 people, i've heard you plan to bring it down to 5 people. i propose that if coda of restoration hits more then 4 people the healing it does is cut by 1 quarter, and if it heals more then 7 it's healing is lowered again, and so forth. however if it heals less then less then 3 people, the healing it does goes up by a bit, say 15 or 20%. something like that to make bards a viable offhealer in experts. this reduces their op raid healing, while helping them in smaller groups.

right now offhealing in t2's can only be done by clerics or chloro's. bards are nearly irrelevant in t2's. this causes 2 bottlenecks in forming groups, clerics and chloro's, as i discussed above. it's making for a seriously boring time in rift. so much so that people probably think the rift community is small, when it isn't. what's really the problem is the bottlenecking issue. i think the suggestions i've made are quite reasonable, and could potentially alleviate the bottlenecking problem with groups.

Stop playing with bads.

I've done every T2 with Chloro/Bard. You can too.
    Galt - 50 Rogue

Shield of Telara

^ What they said.

I'll add that the very first two T2 experts I did (when our group was only half geared in T1) we did with Chloro+Bard heals, no clerics.

every t2 group MUST absolutely have a cleric healer in their group. worse then this the hard t2's require you to have a chloro in your group as well as the cleric healer.

to ask that you make chloromancers a viable main healer for t2 dungeons. give chloro's a healing spell that has no cooldown so they can mainheal the tank.
    Just lol. I can run T2s all day long solo healing, or sometimes with a bard. Yes, it's harder than having a cleric, it's also a lot faster. Even though I can main heal tanks just fine, I'll agree, give chloros a healing spell with no CD
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

every t2 group MUST absolutely have a cleric healer in their group.
    Lol! No, just no. Im a chloro and my group clear T2s very happily thanks.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

+ Reply to Thread