Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Alpha" 1.1 Plaque of Achievement Costs for T1/T2 Dungeon Gear

Telaran

Default "Alpha" 1.1 Plaque of Achievement Costs for T1/T2 Dungeon Gear

I can't believe I couldn't find this info anywhere. It made it hard to make decisions about what to buy before the patch hits on Wednesday. So I downloaded the alpha client last night, went through the intro this morning and obtained the data myself. Hope you find this information useful (current costs in parentheses).

1.1 Plaque of Achievement Costs:

Minor Catalyst: 5(5)

Belligerent's Claymore (2h Sword): 20
    Missionary's Hammer: 20
    Blackleg's Blade: 20

T1 Helm: 40(30)
    T1 Shoulders: 40(30)
    T1 Chest: 50(40)
    T1 Gloves: 30(20)
    T1 Belt: 20(20)
    T1 Legs: 50(40)
    T1 Boots: 30(20)

T2 Helm: 160(150)
    T2 Shoulders: 160(150)
    T2 Chest: 200(200)
    T2 Gloves: 120(100)
    T2 Belt: 100(100)
    T2 Legs: 200(200)
    T2 Boots: 120(100)
    Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 03-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you so much! I have been searching the forums for this information too and couldn't believe I was unable to find it.

Telaran

Thanks for posting this.

Rift Disciple

How do the new "zone quests" work and what is the reward?

Oh, that's not bad. I was expecting T1 to become like T2 and T2 to become stupid expensive.

~Skryre

Banned

Thank god I'm in full T2s already.

Whew. Got there before the big nerf. LOL you guys are so screwed.

Yes, Trion, that's exactly what you just did. Divide before nerf:

[-]

Because people could catch up. Divide after T2 plaque nerf:

[-----]

Divide now, with quests and complete plaque nerf, + increase in costs:

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

We'll continue hardcoremode grinding your T2s with the new itemization to get max purple drops and do GSB to make that gap even bigger as people can't catch up.

Worst of all, now we can't help our guildies gear up quickly so they can raid with us. Thanks, Trion, thanks a lot, ******bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Skryre View Post
    Oh, that's not bad. I was expecting T1 to become like T2 and T2 to become stupid expensive.
    Definitely this.

I'm just now getting into some regular T1 runs, and was worried the increase in cost was going to be massive.
    Don't get me wrong- i'm not happy with the inflation, but i'm "okay" with it after seeing these results.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if bosses will still drop Plaques after 1.1? I've read that the Dungeon Dailies will be one T1 and one T2, both targeting a specific 'Final Boss,' meaning you would need to run two specific dungeons each day.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if bosses will still drop Plaques after 1.1? I've read that the Dungeon Dailies will be one T1 and one T2, both targeting a specific 'Final Boss,' meaning you would need to run two specific dungeons each day.
    No, as I have heard, no bosses will drop plaques, nor will you get them from the instance quest. Only the daily will give plaques (10 and 20 for T1 and T2 respectively).

Yes, that means it'll take you 4 days *MINIMUM* to buy the cheapest T2 piece.

Lol, enjoy that nerf guys. Even with running every dungeon every day and getting plaques, I only bought 3 pieces, 1 of which was replaced the day after I bought it. I didn't "gear up" primarily with plaques. I did it primarily with drops. Plaques were fine, nerf was unneeded, Adam proves yet again he's bad at balancing anything.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Champion of Telara

Way to screw over the folks that have just recently gotten to 50 and started running the T1s.

I am not sure about others but for my group we are not able to clear every T1 dungeon. We have done IT and FC and working on others.

It was nice to be able to get Plaque gear by farming what we can so that we can gear up to tackle the next, etc

Now we only get Plaques for clearing a dungeon.......and only if the daily happens to be one of the ones we are currently able to clear.........so once every 4-5 days.

The current system while abit of a grind at least gave a sense of accomplishment with each boss kill.

Now that will only come if you can clear whatever the daily happens to be.
    Last edited by Gaylonn; 03-28-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    No, as I have heard, no bosses will drop plaques, nor will you get them from the instance quest. Only the daily will give plaques (10 and 20 for T1 and T2 respectively).

Yes, that means it'll take you 4 days *MINIMUM* to buy the cheapest T2 piece.

Lol, enjoy that nerf guys. Even with running every dungeon every day and getting plaques, I only bought 3 pieces, 1 of which was replaced the day after I bought it. I didn't "gear up" primarily with plaques. I did it primarily with drops. Plaques were fine, nerf was unneeded, Adam proves yet again he's bad at balancing anything.
    I have not seen a single proof of that. it is 100% not in alpha notes. They just removed it from dungeon quests giving us the daily. If in alpha bosses dont drop plagues that is not documented and might be a bug.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    I have not seen a single proof of that. it is 100% not in alpha notes. They just removed it from dungeon quests giving us the daily. If in alpha bosses dont drop plagues that is not documented and might be a bug.
    Those dailies are up on the alpha server, but in alpha they'd quickly fix major bugs like that so I doubt it's a bug.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Those dailies are up on the alpha server, but in alpha they'd quickly fix major bugs like that so I doubt it's a bug.
    Dailies are up, and they are described in the notes, the bosses not dropping plagues is NOT int he notes 2 different things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    Dailies are up, and they are described in the notes, the bosses not dropping plagues is NOT int he notes 2 different things.
    Adam's post was pretty explicit in that he meant that they want to change the way in which players obtain plaques so hardcore players don't just buy full sets of gear @ the vendors. Very unlikely it's a bug.

Massively huge nerf to plaques (halving T2s), now yet another massive nerf to them.

If he was complaining that people were buying too much vendor gear, do you really think they'd have everything like it is now but give those same hardcorers an extra 30 plaques a day for completing the same content they already do?

Calm down, guys. Most of the dropped gear in these instance is equivalent if not better than the Plaque rewards. Basically these are there so you can complete your armor set with whatever's missing, not the other way around.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast