+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: T2 Progession question

  1. #1
    Telaran Skryre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default T2 Progession question

    Last night I finished getting a full epic set from Tier 1, so I figure it's probably about time for me to start running tier 2s, however, the last one I tried was abyssal precipe and the final boss there kept crushing me so I figure that AP is probably still too hard for me, which brings me to my question. What is the progression order for the tier 2 dungeons? What is the easiest up to the hardest of the t2 dungeons?

    Also I am a 119 toughness tank if anyone is wondering.

    ~Skryre

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skryre View Post
    Last night I finished getting a full epic set from Tier 1, so I figure it's probably about time for me to start running tier 2s, however, the last one I tried was abyssal precipe and the final boss there kept crushing me so I figure that AP is probably still too hard for me, which brings me to my question. What is the progression order for the tier 2 dungeons? What is the easiest up to the hardest of the t2 dungeons?

    Also I am a 119 toughness tank if anyone is wondering.

    ~Skryre
    Your toughness is good for any T2 dungeon. The problem likely lies with your role.

    Can you link your tanking role(s)?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Different people seem to have different opinions on the difficulty of the T2 dungeons. This probably stems from the specific group they play with and what tools that group has access to.

    I personally think AP is pretty easy, with the notable exceptions of the scuttler trash mob packs and Bloodwalker (if you don't have a healer who is quick on the draw with dispels.)

    Many players seem to think RD is also quite easy. The hardest things there are probably the golem trash packs and the final boss, who has somewhat tricky mechanics that can take a few attempts to learn.

    DD has a lot of challenging trash pulls and a fairly hard final boss. The second boss can also be frustrating depending on your group setup.

    CC has more movement-oriented fights, so how well you will do there depends somewhat on the players in your group and how good their situational-awareness is. I don't think the dungeon is very difficult overall, except for the final boss, who can be very frustrating and random (and buggy.)

    DSM has a number of mechanically-challenging bosses and most people agree it is among the most difficult.

  4. #4
    Telaran Skryre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    My tank build is 22 reaver / 44 pally / 0 VK, I don't like to point fingers at healers, but on the final boss of AP he would AOE me down and then 2 hit me or something before caught any heals, I thought I might have just been way to squishy for him. Is there anything I can do about that AOE or anything along those lines?

    ~Skryre

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    He has an ability that takes you to 26%, no matter what. So if you are at 100% or 27%, you go to 26%. You need a heal or some other form of protection (Rift Shield, Purifier bubble thingy, etc) to help prevent the damage so you can get healed back up.

    I won't spoil the whole fight, so you need to figure out what that ability is, and when it's going to be cast ;)

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderz View Post
    I won't spoil the whole fight, so you need to figure out what that ability is, and when it's going to be cast ;)
    Also, don't let the lasers hit you... this is hard to do sometimes without moving him from the center (since the lasers have a larger hit box than the graphic), but it really will make a difference after the aoe.

    Getting frozen is often inevitable, but it is cleansable. You are immune to the lasers while frozen, but if it ends or gets cleansed while you are in a laser that hurts.


    It is possible that your healer was just slacking or having trouble. Some healing builds have trouble moving and healing. Those kind of healing builds have trouble on this boss and Scarn in DD (and any other fight with a lot of constant movement).

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skryre View Post
    My tank build is 22 reaver / 44 pally / 0 VK, I don't like to point fingers at healers, but on the final boss of AP he would AOE me down and then 2 hit me or something before caught any heals, I thought I might have just been way to squishy for him. Is there anything I can do about that AOE or anything along those lines?

    ~Skryre
    The problem is, if your healer can't LOS that aoe, he gets hit with it too, so he'll get setback on a 3s heal coming at you to pick you up from being at ~20% health. He tends to hit the tank right after too. It takes a bit of timing but it is important to do.

    You also shouldn't be fighting elemental caster bosses with a high pally build.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-28-2011 at 10:38 AM.

  8. #8
    Telaran Skryre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I have a 51 point void knight build that I designed to mostly be annoying in PvP, would that work for the caster bosses or do I need a more even decide between VK and another tank?

    ~Skryre
    Last edited by Skryre; 03-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skryre View Post
    I have a 51 point void knight build that I designed to mostly be annoying in PvP, would that work for the caster bosses or do I need a more even decide between VK and another tank?

    ~Skryre
    Mix reaver and VK for as much mitigation as you can get.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    You just need more or better healing and/or healers putting priority on you after you hit 25%. I dont move out of the lasers at all, only move when a maelstrom is on me. Never had an issue
    Last edited by Greggatron; 03-28-2011 at 08:47 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Plexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    361

    Default

    There are also certain areas you can tank the boss at to make the fight... easier.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hey there,

    We have cleared all T2s already and i agree with what guys said earlier.
    Hardest and longest T2 is Deepstrike Mines. I believe the hardest encounter is Gatekeeper.
    Second hardest would be DD.

    The easiest I find RD and AP.

    I would think that You would more have problem on the bird boss in AP rather then last boss..
    You may get unlucky on last boss that after the ability that takes everyone to 26% You get hit streight after and You die.
    Our tank always runs a little further from boss while he is casting that ability to give me some time to heal him between the 26% ability and next boss hit.
    However Your healer needs to time his instant heal (mostly all healers have instant sentinel heal Healing Breath) so You get it just after the ability gets you to 26%. You might wonna get chloro mage or bard for this fight and tell them to time their healing things just after you go to 26% as well. Our group is usually topped after that ability in about 1,5s.

    Hope You find this info usefull.
    Regards,
    Loo

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts