+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T1 T2 Plaque refund

Plane Touched

Default T1 T2 Plaque refund

Just an idea, since this has happened to me, and several of my friends. You grind away and get enough to buy a piece of gear, and then 2 dungeons later get a drop that replaces it, wasting all of those plaques you spent. Possibly some type of refund system? Even partial would be great.

This is a terrible idea. Ya you have to grind stuff but what MMO doesnt require some form of grinding? Refunding would make this game wayyyy too easy.

Champion of Telara

the problem is that drops shouldnt be better than plaq gear.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Why shouldn't they?
    Welcome to the Beagle.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Enntense View Post
    Just an idea, since this has happened to me, and several of my friends. You grind away and get enough to buy a piece of gear, and then 2 dungeons later get a drop that replaces it, wasting all of those plaques you spent. Possibly some type of refund system? Even partial would be great.

You must be really new to MMOs.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    the problem is that drops shouldnt be better than plaq gear.

Why not? You use plaque gear to fill in the pieces you don't get as drops. You're not supposed to be fully decked out in plaque gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Why not? You use plaque gear to fill in the pieces you don't get as drops. You're not supposed to be fully decked out in plaque gear.
    Sad thing is that I am so unlucky with drops I am decked out in plaque gear save 1 piece that I was lucky enough to get

Shadowlander

/thread

*If you want to go an extra step I believe rift loot tables are up at Zam

Champion of Telara

The only Plaque Refund system they should implement should be a 2 Hour max or so system ..along with a confirmation window.

It will save a lot of ticket problems also..since i know a few..me being one since my CTRL button failed and instead of viewing it..i purchased it.

The token exchange system was (is?) highly exploited in WoW. What you pretty much did was rent gear for raid night. Before a raid you would get some purple token gear and go raid. Before your time to exchange expired (raid was usually don't before the time was up anyway) you would sell the gear back, not losing a single token while gaining several more.

Please don't a token refund system to the game or if they do add one, the refund times needs to be ridiculously short, like 5 min. Just enough time to see your stats went up enough to justify the purpose if you can't tell by looking at the gear for some reason.
    Last edited by pacoxi; 03-28-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

Then why did I get enough plaques for full t1 and some t2 before a piece of gear I could use dropped?

This was AFTER the t2 plaque nerf. Just let that sink in for a second.

Plane Touched

Not quite what I thought based on the title... my concern is accidentally buying the wrong piece of gear. Would nice to have a short time window where I could return the item to get the plaques back if I for example bought a DPS belt when I was supposed to get a tank belt.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The only Plaque Refund system they should implement should be a 2 Hour max or so system ..along with a confirmation window.

It will save a lot of ticket problems also..since i know a few..me being one since my CTRL button failed and instead of viewing it..i purchased it.
    Yes and you also accidentally used the RMB instead of LMB, amirite?

I wouldn't mind some kind of refund system for plaque gear, though I think it should be very small.
    I mean what am I going to do with my T1 gear when I upgrade to T2.
    Sell it to the vendor for nothing, maybe rune break it or salvage it?
    It would be nice if you could sell it back to the npc for even 2 plaques a piece.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

My suggestion would be a window that you could place your recently bought gear (say 6 hours) and your new gear. If your new gear was a higher tier level than the plaque gear you could press a confirmation button and receive your plaques back.

This just happened to me the other night. I was excited to get my T2 plaque boots. Then went into DSM and immediately had the T2 boots drop from the first boss. 100 plaques down the drain immediately. It's a very sinking feeling to know how many hours you spent in a dungeon only to have 0 net gain.

Couple this with the stupidly low drop rate of tanking plate and the ridiculously high cost of plaque items and you have a very unforgiving gearing track. It's not even as if I could use the two sets of boots situationally such as having a fire resist buff on one pair and an endurance buff on the other as the only buff available is end and their stats are nearly identical.

+ Reply to Thread