+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall of Lantern Hook. -Spoiler alert-

Default Fall of Lantern Hook. -Spoiler alert-

This dungeon makes no sense to me. I swim down into a pond and am teleported into the future, where Lantern Hook has been ravaged by the Knolls, and Maelforge wreaths Telara in flame.

Ok, but the defiants future is significantly different, being that we know Regulos is the dragon who will consume the world.

So there's a couple possibilities here:

Poor Tom is an insane, yet powerful temporal Engineer, and has shown me HIS vision of an impossible future... because he's insane.

The defiants did indeed re-write history when they came back in time, sadly, they forgot Regulos is only 1 of 6 members of the bloodstorm.

Or finally, Maelforge did eat the world and then Regulos ate Maelforge.

So here's my solution. Now that I've seen the future and know that Rorf is a backstabbing scumbaag, the first thing I'm going to do is drown the kittens I got for him, while he watches, then kill him in the most vile painful manner I can conjure, preferably before he becomes an elite. Next, I propose we do something about the Knolls, and Maelforge, y'know that whole deal. Like maybe finding out how they keep respawning and disabling that. Then proceeding with their genocide. Also we should devote less attention to the Dragonians and Kobolds in that wierd old tower, and put more than 2 guards at the doors into Lantern Hook.

Just some Ideas.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 03-27-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Come to think of it, if 5 Ascended are able to demolish the Knoll task force and all their leaders just slightly too late to stop them from summoning Maelforge, maybe we should just put like 10 ascended on guard duty and they'll never get in to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post

So here's my solution. Now that I've seen the future and know that Rorf is a backstabbing scumbaag, the first thing I'm going to do is drown the kittens I got for him, while he watches, then kill him in the most vile painful manner I can conjure, preferably before he becomes an elite.
    But what if you didn't actually kill Rorf, and he "betrayed" nothing but a bunch of evil kitten murdering humans?
    Last edited by Lmaoboat; 03-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    But what if you didn't actually kill Rorf, and he "betrayed" nothing but a bunch of evil kitten murdering humans?
    Mind = blown O_o
    Last edited by Sinndel; 03-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.

This dungeon makes no sense to me. I swim down into a pond and am teleported into the future, where Lantern Hook has been ravaged by the Knolls, and Maelforge wreaths Telara in flame.

Ok, but the defiants future is significantly different, being that we know Regulos is the dragon who will consume the world.

Poor Tom is an insane, yet powerful temporal Engineer, and has shown me HIS vision of an impossible future... because he's insane.

The defiants did indeed re-write history when they came back in time, sadly, they forgot Regulos is only 1 of 6 members of the bloodstorm.

So here's my solution. Now that I've seen the future and know that Rorf is a backstabbing scumbaag, the first thing I'm going to do is drown the kittens I got for him, while he watches, then kill him in the most vile painful manner I can conjure, preferably before he becomes an elite. Next, I propose we do something about the Knolls, and Maelforge, y'know that whole deal. Like maybe finding out how they keep respawning and disabling that. Then proceeding with their genocide. Also we should devote less attention to the Dragonians and Kobolds in that wierd old tower, and put more than 2 guards at the doors into Lantern Hook.

Just some Ideas.
    Oooh, discussion on how time operates ...

I think this is an endless discussion without an answer. However, I appreciate players who enjoy the lore and story, but you might want to repost this on the appropriate forum.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Ode
    Soulwalker

Me shooting fireballs out of my god damn fingertips just doesnt make no sense to me at all.

Mind = blown O_o
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/FD8F80DD...Changing-Twist

Rofl, epic.

The Fall of Lantern Hook is an alternate future/universe. Not The Future since we already know that it can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelaista View Post
    The Fall of Lantern Hook is an alternate future/universe. Not The Future since we already know that it can be changed.
    Poor Tom seemed pretty worried that it may become reality.

Soulwalker

Maybe it's to do with the typo in the loading screen text.

It's the Malforge not the Maelforge.

/facepalm

Bump, cuz this is important stuff.

Telaran

Bah the Defiants have already altered time. But if Regulos falls that is no guarantee that the others won't be as much of a threat. Malforge and Greenscale both have made their plays. And they all appear utterly impossible to kill, being aspects as much as beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharajat View Post
    Bah the Defiants have already altered time. But if Regulos falls that is no guarantee that the others won't be as much of a threat. Malforge and Greenscale both have made their plays. And they all appear utterly impossible to kill, being aspects as much as beings.
    If I were in charge of the war efforts, I would have my best scholors looking at how rifts work, and planning a move that opens rifts between the planes, without using Telara as a crux. Y'know unlesh Regulos into the plane of life, Crucia into the plane of fire, etc, etc. Let them kill eachother
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Disciple

Just some Ideas.
    Defiants sent their ppl back to fix past so this future doesn't happen anymore. Guardians sent their ppl back to fix past so their future also doesn't happen anymore. As both Defiants and Guardians did this neither future is valid anymore which means that from now on anything can happen. Yes, Regulos can win but he doesn't have to anymore and then someone else may come in his place.

As for what you are proposing I believe that the best way to explain would be to watch film Minority Report. You can't punish ppl for what they MAY do because they also may not do it. Having a thought about commiting a crime is not a crime itself.

And about fire invasions yes, we can defeat them for now while they are invading our lands. But can we defeat them in their own plane? Maybe but also maybe not. Can they grow stronger while we can't do a thing about it? Possibly they can.
    Cyrus guild

Cyrus topic on Rift forums
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cated-members!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast