+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tier 2 Dungeons Too Easy! Please offer something challenging.

Telaran

Default Tier 2 Dungeons Too Easy! Please offer something challenging.

Hello,
    I came to the Rift as PvP player, my mmo history isn't huge: Ulitma Online, GuildWars, Lineage II, AoC. I haven't been playing WoW as it didn't appeal to me. There are plenty players from this game though and everything they do is dungeons, I've done them all and have all the epic loot could drop for my class. I think it is too easy to obtain it, almost every run drops multiple Epics and bosses are so weak that you can do 3 dungeons in 4 hours and although I play much more PvP and I'm only Prestige rank 5.
    My suggestions is to lower drop rate for Epic items and increasy dificculty of bosses fight, it's a bit let down when you can kill boss in less than 2 minutes. I found 2 bosses fights quite nice:
    Scarn in DD and second boss in Greenscale (the one with bombs) but rest fights doesn't require any skill from player so you can easily do them with random PUGs. I think is nice to offer something easy for all peple like Tier1 dungeons but Tier2 should be much harder.

Telaran

Have you killed Scarn yet? He can be a little on the tricky side....

Edit: (appears you have) .
    Last edited by Devalina; 03-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Telaran

I killed all bosses easily and I have no raid//dungeon experience, so I wonder how it is for guys on PvE servers (lol) and I see many ppl focusing on PvE side while there is little to challenge you (I'm T2 geared for 3 weeks already). PvP is quite nice though, no warfronts but open world in Stillmor.
    Last edited by NotUsedBrain; 03-27-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Plane Touched

ye t2 shouldn't really be puggable and require much more thinking/skill to complete
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

Sword of Telara

If you've been fully T2'd for 3 weeks, it sounds like were in the T2 dungeons 3-4 days after launch and got all the drops you needed within 3-4 days after that? Maybe the dungeons are easy because you're playing with all the other hardcore powergamers who understand mechanics.

Just a thought.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Coming from an EQ1/EQ2 vet this guy is likely just a troll.

These T2 dungeon encounters are sufficiently difficult and in the case of Caelia they border on stupid hard just because that fight is downright garbage.

The only way expert dungeons become zergfest Ezmode is
    A) You have done them plenty of times already and know the scripts.
    B) You are already outfitted in T2 gear.

A and B= Duh? Thats true for any game.

In conclusion. OP is a troll.

Telaran

Don't really understand why you call me names if I'm just saying about game being too easy not commenting on you.
    I've done dungeons maybe 2 times each and done them just after I dinged 50. They are so easy that you don't really need to be extra geared to do them, if you have all gear from quests you are good enough to go even to Tier2. I didn't know when I started doing them that there is difference between them T1/T2. Haven't got any loot at all from Tier1 but blue from Tier2/Tier1 are good enough, unless of course you want all best of bests items.

T2 dungeons are too easy to do especially now when all know tactics it was much harder when you had to find out yourself.
    It shouldn't be that easy to do it, You can wipe once on each boss and than you all know in team what to do to not do it again.

I also haven't played beta and had to learn all about classes and skills after game started so no experience. I didn't even use macros till last week as I didn't know about them and didn't ready anything about game earlier before starting playing it.
    Last edited by NotUsedBrain; 03-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    Coming from an EQ1/EQ2 vet this guy is likely just a troll.

These T2 dungeon encounters are sufficiently difficult and in the case of Caelia they border on stupid hard just because that fight is downright garbage.

The only way expert dungeons become zergfest Ezmode is
    A) You have done them plenty of times already and know the scripts.
    B) You are already outfitted in T2 gear.

A and B= Duh? Thats true for any game.

In conclusion. OP is a troll.
    It's all hyperbole. I don't understand the trolls, especially the skill build trolls "OMG you can do 700 dps? I have a build that can do 1100, no you can't have it!"

Champion of Telara

all bosses are mostly one trick ponies, once you know the trick, they are no trouble.
    dungeons should not be fully finishable on your first run.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    all bosses are mostly one trick ponies, once you know the trick, they are no trouble.
    dungeons should not be fully finishable on your first run.
    Not be finishable? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The first time I ran expert IT awhile back we spent 2+ hours in there. If you are going to spend that amount of time in 1 dungeon, it should be "finishable"

i dont understand this mentality .why would you want to make dungeons unfinishable?

the difficulty is fine ,i can play with my wife and her 16 year old daughter and we still enjoy ourselves.
    Cuz you know its a GAME,i play it to have fun and relax.

Imo if u want challenging/hard,go play a competitive game like sc2/halo reach or even chess and the likes.
    You shouldnt expect "challenge" when facing a scripted ai,play vs human and youll have your challenge.

On a side note ,can you explain to me what would be the benefit of makin the tier 2 so hard only 5 % of the community would complete it ?

Plane Touched

welcome to playing mmo's for more than 6 months. honestly your average player has what 3-4 years of experience and can down any fight short of hard dps/gear checks.
    ir do you want devs whipping out hard mode Lich King at every turn?
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Plane Touched

From what I've seen the dungeon difficulty is OK. I'm no super-skilled hardcore player, but decent enough that in the WoW side of things I've killed Nefarian (10-man normal) for example. I haven't really been to T2 much, only killed first boss of DD, but even the T1 stuff is pretty nasty sometimes. Although in most cases it's just a gear check, really - the tactics/mechanics are quite simple, but incoming damage is so high that as a healer it's often hard to keep up. Never mind if the DPS is a bit slow, then things really get nasty. Though a bit too much of the burden of success is now put onto healers in many bosses, just like with Cataclysm.

Basically it seems roughly equivalent to WoW's Cataclysm heroics in difficulty - can't afford to slack any with the gear we have right now, but once we get full T1/T2 it'll be easier... as it should it be.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by shadyname View Post
    i dont understand this mentality .why would you want to make dungeons unfinishable?

the difficulty is fine ,i can play with my wife and her 16 year old daughter and we still enjoy ourselves.
    Cuz you know its a GAME,i play it to have fun and relax.

Imo if u want challenging/hard,go play a competitive game like sc2/halo reach or even chess and the likes.
    You shouldnt expect "challenge" when facing a scripted ai,play vs human and youll have your challenge.

On a side note ,can you explain to me what would be the benefit of makin the tier 2 so hard only 5 % of the community would complete it ?
    Well there are normal dungeons and Tier I is easy and for everyone and they should make sth more challenging so everyone has sth to do.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Not be finishable? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The first time I ran expert IT awhile back we spent 2+ hours in there. If you are going to spend that amount of time in 1 dungeon, it should be "finishable"
    time spent is not an indicator of difficulty. Anyway on your second run your time spent in that instance dropped by 2x, amiright?
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-27-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast