+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @Adam Gersh: dungeon itemization followup questions

Default @Adam Gersh: dungeon itemization followup questions

@Adam Gersh: dungeon itemization followup questions

In response to the earlier thread "dungeon itemization concerns" and the statments you made there i and my guild have a few questions to ask:

1) you mention 100+ new items (hopefully far more as 100 items would be 10 per instance only) will this itemization pass also include looking over every singel piece already in there ? Cause i and any other person who is in the middle of the exp2 grind to get raid ready can show you multitudes of examples where the dropped loot (existing) is just so absurdly subpar its not even funny and just to mention a few quick ones out of the pile

*Litteraly 10 clones of rings and necklaces with different names yet the same stat, dex, str,end and hit, nothing else on them. I am pretty sure every exp tier instance has the exact same ring with a point or 2 shuffled around, this also applies to the caster equivilents. The lack of diversity in rings/necks is absurd, trinkets is slightly better but still feels verry uncreative. This is a high prio pve issue in my and possibly everyone who just finished a grueling 2hour t2 with getting a "sigh, another useless epic ring thats worse than lvl 48 crafted greens"

*End boss loot being of poorer quality than bind on equip randoms, as an example the runecarved bow or abyssal muskets, both random boe epics are BOTH far superior (bow less, musket FAR more) to the Bow dropping of the last boss in t2 CC (the thunder recurve bow aka vendortrash)making it worth more to look to AH for range weapon than to actually do an instance. This is just one example i could name alot more.

*difficulty does not equal reward atm, the loot feels verry random, bosses you clear to in 5 minutes and is beyond easy drops the best tank boots pre raiding while hard extra bosses with benchmark dps races or similar drops mostly to put it plainly: crap.

2) The lack of Hit, while initially some might gasp at this it actually is true, if you actually use the dropped
    pieces of epic quality you lose out on almost all tohit, hit being the pve stat for dps to progress further into the game. If your intention trion is to make a greater focus on dropps and less on store items then you drasticly need to add 8-15 hit per epic item free of charge on the other stat budget as they are underwhelming as it is. I find it weird that the gear that suposedly is supose to progress us towards the raid caps is actually removing us further from it.

Thanks for listening
    Harkain:.
    .:Admin | Precept
    www.precept.cc

One bumb, sorry.
    Any chance of an answer or another statement on itemizations
    Harkain:.
    .:Admin | Precept
    www.precept.cc

While we're on the subject....

Why the low quality blues on T2 bosses? I don't expect loot handed to me on a silver platter, however I also don't appreciate killing a tier 2 boss and getting vendor loot as a reward.

Given the time investment in the 2s as it currently stands I don't feel it's appropriate to get crap blues.

Also, who did the itemization on your loot? Tier 2 drops that are a downgrade from Tier 1 vendor loot? Really?

Finally, how about a display of the item level on the equipment? Making a spreadsheet that computes it all for me feels so 1998.
    One by one... they take aim at themselves and fire. This is like letting your opponent beat themselves...

+ Reply to Thread