+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2 hours to do 1 expert is unacceptable.

Rift Disciple

Default 2 hours to do 1 expert is unacceptable.

Im sorry, but i just did KB and it took us almost 2 hours to just get to manticores... thats ridiculous.

What do you expect when starting experts? Clear them in 40 minutes? It took us 2 hours also when we did it first time. Yesterday we just did the Rapid Assault achievement in KB which is to clear it within 35 minutes.

Shadowlander

So ? I prefer my instance long and difficult, not short and easy.

Soulwalker

they could always just let you click a button in your interface, and then they just mail you all the epics from that instance... would that be better for you?

Pebkac

/10 pebkac

I think expert trash could be decreased a bit, in some zones more than others. AP, late DSM, RotF are the three biggest offenders that spring to mind. The first area of KB does take a while, but then you have a tolerable amount of trash to clear to the second boss and the Manticores, and then no trash at all for the final two bosses, so I think it balances out.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Sword of Telara

You can avoid a lot of trash in these dungeons. And once you know the encounters it really is a 35-45m run. LH I know can be blown through in 30-35 minutes without a sweat.

Prophet of Telara

When first starting experts, yeah, they can be a pain. Funny how a game makes you work for your gear.

Eventually the trash becomes AOE Fests though (Both T1 and T2) so it gets better as your tanks/dps/healers gear up appropriately.

Just don't expect everything to be handed out like candy.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Shield of Telara

Hmm... It usually takes my guild about 20-30 minutes to get to manticores. In a pug it never takes me more than an hour and that is even with a player or 2 never having done the dungeon.

There is nothing that would make this take 2 hours other than the failness of the group. I mean do you really think it is taking competant ppl this amount of time? You're talking about clearing a bit of trash and like what 3 bosses?

This is not because of the dungeon it is because of you.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-26-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Game-fire View Post
    Im sorry, but i just did KB and it took us almost 2 hours to just get to manticores... thats ridiculous.
    Maybe Trion should send the plaques via mail so people do not have to spend time in experts? Sorry but I do not understand your problem.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Pebkac

/10 pebkac
    lol. I love that saying ;)

Buy more dps. If you're a regular group, see if your DPSers can tweak one of their role slots for big AoE for trash clears. Once you're sure it's not a spec problem, the best you can do is just soldier on. Clears can be a little slow when you're just on the cusp of being able to do T2s.

If it's a PuG...don't bother. Most of the pugs I've joined have struggled in T1, let alone T2.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

I actually prefer the long instances. It makes everything feel more "earned".

also, give it some time. learn them, run them alot and try different group make-ups. i am sure there is a way to complete the instance you're talking about in under an hour (considering there is an achievement to do it in like under 40 mins).

Shadowlander

Took me 5 hours to complete my second expert, RotF. First expert IT was cancelled on the 5th boss when it got to early morning on a weekday and players got too tired to run into the circle quickly. The jump in difficulty after the normal dungeons was huge for me as a tank. I assume it'll get faster once tanking gear starts dropping and I learn how to do bosses and how to pull without messing up.

Shadowlander

experts taking more than 2hours ? seriously l2p issue, its ok as it is now, there is maybe a bit too much trash on last bosses in DM but it takes liek 10min more... dont whine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast