+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 Man Raids- Throw Casual Gamers a Bone

Rift Disciple

Default 10 Man Raids- Throw Casual Gamers a Bone

Another patch another 20 man raid. I don't begrudge the full-time gamers and their large raids, but it'd be nice to also get some 10 man dungeon content.

20 people is a ton of people to get together. I realize it isn't hard for huge multi game guilds with populations the size of small countrys or uber guilds that go for world firsts and thrive from skimming talent from everyone else. For the rest of us, we spam for thirty minutes just to get a tier 2 group. Imagine spamming for 20....

Muq

It's an MMO(Note: MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER). It comes with the genre, most games like this aren't meant for casuals, nor does Trion have to cater to casuals.

They had 10man dungeon content, then they removed it, they said why, and gave the 10mans raid rifts. This was the stance before release, why are you asking for it now?

Also, 1 month in and you're entertaining the thought of pugging? Please, this isn't WoW, maybe you could get a group for Duke if you tried but seriously, find a guild.
    Last edited by RugzRift; 03-26-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Rugz - 50 Tank Warrior - <Insert Coin> SteampikeEU

I haven't read any feedback on the new "20 man raid zone".
    It could be as puggable as major rift farming in shimmerlands for all we know.

I honestly don't think it's a progression type mechanic and more of a easyish social raid area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod99 View Post
    It could be as puggable as major rift farming in shimmerlands for all we know.
    It isn't, unless they massively, massively retuned it.
    Rugz - 50 Tank Warrior - <Insert Coin> SteampikeEU

Rift Disciple

The overwhelming majority of the player population is casual. Wow finally figured that out and their subs went through the roof because of it.

I dint know they took the ten man dungeons out of the game? That is too bad. Yu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    The overwhelming majority of the player population is casual. Wow finally figured that out and their subs went through the roof because of it.

I dint know they took the ten man dungeons out of the game? That is too bad. Yu
    There are plenty of expert T1/T2 5 mans if you only want to run things in small groups.

There's currently ONE 20 man raid instance to follow that. Soon there will be a whole TWO.

The bone being thrown to the casual gamer is the expert dungeons and 10 man raid rifts.

Rift Disciple

Lol 10 man rifts are about as fun as regular rifts which people are starting to just run by on the way to farming 50 trash for plat. Rifts are not a substitute for dungeons.
    Last edited by mocktrial; 03-26-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shailon View Post
    There are plenty of expert T1/T2 5 mans if you only want to run things in small groups.

There's currently ONE 20 man raid instance to follow that. Soon there will be a whole TWO.

The bone being thrown to the casual gamer is the expert dungeons and 10 man raid rifts.
    Sad thing about T1/T2 dungeons is that the experts are dungeons you've run before. I always found this mechanic annoying in WoW as well... Things just have more hp, hit harder, few new things. Meh.

Last thread like this one turned into a flame war. Most people don't seem to realize that playing on a schedule in a game is not what everyone wants to do. On top of that some of us have lives so full with stuff we barely have much time to play which makes raid times impossible.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Marabel View Post
    Sad thing about T1/T2 dungeons is that the experts are dungeons you've run before. I always found this mechanic annoying in WoW as well... Things just have more hp, hit harder, few new things. Meh.

Last thread like this one turned into a flame war. Most people don't seem to realize that playing on a schedule in a game is not what everyone wants to do. On top of that some of us have lives so full with stuff we barely have much time to play which makes raid times impossible.
    If you have a schedule that can't possibly fit in a raid a few nights a week, then do something else with your time. I don't know why people feel that games need to cater to them. You choose if you play a game, the developer chooses how to make it. Notice how you are the "player" and they are the "developer". Not the other way around.

Rift Disciple

Man people get so riled up about casual gamers wanting to raid. Perhaps its because most don't go anywhere near the forum. When karazhan launched the place was full constantly it was easy am accessible. Still a challenge but could been done with a core of 5 and some pugs. Good times

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    Man people get so riled up about casual gamers wanting to raid. Perhaps its because most don't go anywhere near the forum. When karazhan launched the place was full constantly it was easy am accessible. Still a challenge but could been done with a core of 5 and some pugs. Good times
    And WoW still has those 10 man raids that are such "good times". Pick the game that has what you want, rather than picking a game that doesn't have what you want and complaining.

Having a smaller playtime window doesn't mean you can't get things done. >.< It just means you can't get things done at the same time the guys putting 60+ hours a week into the game are. Or maybe you can, if you make really good use of your time ingame.

There are enough self-proclaimed casuals in the community that getting twenty of them together on one server and scheduling 1-2 nights a week for working on progression shouldn't be too much of a chore. It requires breaking down and bringing strangers into the fold, but that's pretty much the same thing larger, more active guilds have had to do as well.

There's plenty of content available to small groups: raid and expert rifts, expert dungeons, invasion events, warfronts, and open-world raid bosses. The game is still very, very young, and the community is still very much in flux. Rather than make excuses for why you're not doing things, or demanding Trion put content in that is tailored to what resources you have right now... Why not take the time to try and form a guild alliance on your server, or recruit more like-minded individuals to pursue more advanced content in your own time? Most people have yet to settle into the guilds they plan on staying with. (The exception seems to be people who moved games as a guild, but I've even seen those breaking up in the last week or two.)
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

I understand being a little frustrated with not being able to do all the content because you are a "Casual Player". I do, but the casual players wrecked WoW. its the entire reason the game became a lazy, fall asleep as you play, every class has the same skills - game it has become.

If you want to hop online for 1 hour every other night and knock out the endgame raiding content, go play WoW. some people that used to play WoW might miss back when the raids were 40 people large! the difficulty, the reward for your time and effort.

This game PvE wise has all the good from what WoW USED to be, and very little of the bad. I'd like Trion to keep it that way.

Soulwalker

I am failing to see how the number of people correlates to casual vs hardcore. The difference between casual and hardcore isn't how big the raid is. It is how much of a time commitment is required to down bosses and how much time is willing to be committed to raiding each week. The issue sounds more like an organizational issue then anything else. If you want to raid 20 man content with your casual guild, pick a time and a day of the week and make it known to the rest of the guild that will be your one raid night a week. One night a week for 2 to 4 hours is pretty casual for most people's standards. If you still can fill the raid, make an alliance with another guild and raid with them. The big raid guilds don't just go "Hey guys you want to go raid Greenscale right now?" they have scheduled raid times.

My guess is most people aren't that geared yet as they don't endlessly grind expert dungeons, but give it some time and sooner or later if casuals put in the effort to organize a weekly raid, they too should be able to raid the 20 man content as well.

Now if the issue is that the content is too difficult for entry level raiding, that is another issue, but this thread seems to be focused on raid size.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast