+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where's the T1 tanking gear drops??

Soulwalker

Default Where's the T1 tanking gear drops??

Hi!

Just wondering if I am the only one with this problem. Been tanking T1 dungeons for about 2 weeks now, have collected about 160 plagues so far but ZERO epic tank plate has dropped. I get maybe a blue crappy gear thats hardly an improvement over lvl 48 quest gear every 3rd day. The people I'm playing with are almost full T1 epic since they have been able to get like 3-4 drops and bought 3 other items. It's a bit frustrating as we want to move over to T2 but atm It would be a bit difficult with my current gear.

Sure, I could spend my 160 plagues but with the upcoming changes I dont want to spend them, or should I??

IIRC the only other plaque gear is the Super Duper version of the Expert plaque gear, which costs upwards of 100 per piece, and the Raid gear, which costs plaques and the token from the raid.

So yes, I would pick up the gear you are missing from the vendor, as the prices are going to go up. You'll still most likely have a handful of plaques left over.

As for me, I've only picked up a belt and sword in epic quality.
    Last edited by Natsu; 03-26-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Ascendant

IT has several nice tank pieces with toughness, including the epic Impeccable Deathstriders, and rare devastating pauldrons. You will get 44 toughness added from these.

You should buy the 40 plaque chest from the shop and add a 20 toughness rune to it. Keep in mind the primary thing you are watching out for is toughness. Buy a few pieces of equipment now (not the gloves or belt) and you will be prepared for T2.

The simple answer is.... It doesn't lol

They will be fixing this in patch 1.1 though.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    The simple answer is.... It doesn't lol

They will be fixing this in patch 1.1 though.
    I just listed ONE dungeon which drops MULTIPLE tanking items.

Want me to list more? Ok. You can find a tanking trinket in FC which has a similar effect as a corrupting faesource. It heals 400+ hp on physical strikes. There is also the Death Knell shield that drops from Barionov.

A breastplate with toughness drops in LH.

Make sure you are running the proper dungeon to get the proper gear. RotF does not have tanking gear aside from a rare helmet with some block. I don't get why tanks want to run RotF so much, aside from earning plaques.

Run IT first, then FC, then LH. Otherwise, spend your plaques on some toughness gear if you are that unlucky (which I highly doubt....160 plaques is too much to not EVER get tanking gear....did another warrior roll for gear in the past and you just lost every time?)

Soulwalker

No I've been solo warrior for just that purpose of gearing up as a tank, which is why it's frustrating that we never even seen a epic plate tank. There has been some Epic DPS plate drops but thats about it :P

Soulwalker

I have one more day of T1 experts and I'll have bought every piece of plaque tank gear, without winning a single piece of epic gear from dungeons (Saw the shield from FC, but was my first dungeon and I was DPSing and passed to the tank, tanked every other run...)

Starting T2 dungeons today, either before or after I get the last piece of plaque gear (Gloves). Will be running CC every day to try to get the shield before they fix the drop rate. RNG is random, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Of course, I also haven't seen a single crafting plaque having turned in the daily every day for the last 2 weeks... Well, sometimes you lose more than other people.

+ Reply to Thread