+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Regarding RIFT-Progress -(A community based issue becoming more prevalent day by day)

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara VeroProDiGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735

    Default Regarding RIFT-Progress -(A community based issue becoming more prevalent day by day)

    With the recent victories in Greenscale's Blight, the time has come for a serious look at the way we, as a community, are ranking and rating progression on a world-wide scale. Certain discrepancies in the rift-progress formula have come to light with the cases of Maximation and Fires of Heaven, both of whom leapfrogged the 3rd guild to kill Greenscale (Elventy). Maximation, in fact, was the 8th guild to kill Greenscale, a full 4 days after Eleventy's hard-earned victory. Addiction, similarly, took an extra 3 days over ssN to chase down and beat the fat dragon.

    The purpose of this post is three-fold: to gauge the community's feelings on these rankings, to request that rift-progress adjust decay and importance of endboss ranking, and if that fails to coordinate a new methodology and alternative site and host for a rating system.

    With that said, these are the changes I'd like to offer up: GRANTED we (Stay small nerds) and others would be open to other changes with a similar (More Logical and Fair) outcome
    Hylas to 3000 points.
    General point decay increased by 5x.
    Decay on Greenscale increased by 25x.

    These changes should be retroactively applied and would serve to force the rankings into roughly the same order as the Greenscale kills. There would, however, be room for exceptional performers to beat content and lower-point bosses long before others, thereby mitigating the impact of a delayed endboss kill, but these situations should be few and far between. While Maximation and Fires of Heaven are both great guilds, they don't deserve to be ahead of a hard earned third place by our friends in Elventy.
    Last edited by VeroProDiGY; 03-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.

    >>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    I can't tell if this is serious or not. Combined with your signature I'd swear you're trolling. That or desperate for attention.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or not. Combined with your signature I'd swear you're trolling. That or desperate for attention.
    It's a pretty valid position, and it's something that the high end raiding community does need to figure out. How we want to do rankings, what formulas we want to use to weight boss kills, etc.


    ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or not. Combined with your signature I'd swear you're trolling. That or desperate for attention.
    This.

    I personally think FOH deserves the #1 slot because they didn't come to this board with their epeen-props whining the way ssN did over Greenscale.

    You beat a bugged boss first, grats man. Can I be like you, when you grow up?

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    It's a pretty valid position, and it's something that the high end raiding community does need to figure out. How we want to do rankings, what formulas we want to use to weight boss kills, etc.
    There's a difference between playing MORE and playing BETTER. Somehow all these rankings involve time, which seems completely irrelevant given a static difficulty encounter. The position seems to be that everyone wants to be considered the best, but to be honest, all the metrics are subjectively determined, so it's an e-peen argument. I don't consider it a valid position since it has absolutely no impact on gameplay, therefore the topic is moot other than for vanity.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saevok View Post
    You beat a bugged boss first, grats man. Can I be like you, when you grow up?
    The official stance of ssN is that we're more than looking forward to demonstrating how we do things in River of Souls. In the meantime however, the controversy (as muted and meaningless as it is) surrounding Greenscale is only tangential to the key point.


    ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Jujus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saevok View Post
    This.

    I personally think FOH deserves the #1 slot because they didn't come to this board with their epeen-props whining the way ssN did over Greenscale.

    You beat a bugged boss first, grats man. Can I be like you, when you grow up?
    Clearly you are not aware of all the **** talk they had spouted at the start of the game to maximation. We responded by server firsting more T2 dungeons and the raid bosses before them with the exception of greenscale.

    At this time the epeen on their end has seemingly gone flacid, We have nothing against them besides what they said at the start of the game. And we wish them GL.

    As for the rankings. There was a semi similar system with wowprogress and it never got changed.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara VeroProDiGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jujus View Post
    Clearly you are not aware of all the **** talk they had spouted at the start of the game to maximation. We responded by server firsting more T2 dungeons and the raid bosses before them with the exception of greenscale.

    At this time the epeen on their end has seemingly gone flacid, We have nothing against them besides what they said at the start of the game. And we wish them GL.

    As for the rankings. There was a semi similar system with wowprogress and it never got changed.
    Well we wish you luck in the future and it's all about where you finish. Please though, we want to keep the bias out of here and these arguments are neither here nor there. This about finding a balancing system for everyone not just us or you or addiction. The system clearly has some flaws and can be worked on greatly.

    >>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saevok View Post
    This.

    I personally think FOH deserves the #1 slot because they didn't come to this board with their epeen-props whining the way ssN did over Greenscale.

    You beat a bugged boss first, grats man. Can I be like you, when you grow up?
    It HAS BEGUN!

    /popcorn

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Gromph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    A few days ago ssN declared they wouldn't be using rift-progress anyways, now they're suddenly back on this?

    More arbitrary values in order to put you to #1?

    Decay should be standard across the board.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara VeroProDiGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gromph View Post
    A few days ago ssN declared they wouldn't be using rift-progress anyways, now they're suddenly back on this?

    More arbitrary values in order to put you to #1?

    Decay should be standard across the board.
    We don't care about being #1 anymore. We know who and what we are.

    We just want a fair environment for everyone.

    Our skills will do the talking we don't need to rely on a site or anyone else. But please keep the thread on topic.
    Last edited by VeroProDiGY; 03-25-2011 at 04:38 PM.

    >>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts