+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itemization issues in experts not addressed for clerics (not in patch notes anyway)

Banned

Default Itemization issues in experts not addressed for clerics (not in patch notes anyway)

Why do I never see toughness chain drop in instances?

Is it because you want us to buy all of our toughness chain with plaques, in direct contrast to this very quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    I wanted to stop by real quick and fill people in on some of the things we are working on for rewards in our end game content. First off let me put to rest a major concern people have expressed, we don’t intend to make RIFT a grind to progress. That being said we’re not terribly fond of handing things to players on a silver platter either.

Recently we made a number of changes to plaque drop rates, this change was targeted at some of the heavy grind groups that were taking full advantage of the fact we originally tuned those reward numbers for more casual players. It was also fueling the misconception that gear was intended to be earned primarily through the store, which is also un-intended. Ultimately the store is intended as a supplement to more traditional reward mechanisms (loot drops, crafting, etc). Goal wise we want to see most players have a reasonable split between store and dropped items....

- Gersh
    The patch notes for 1.1 say nothing about increasing toughness chain drops, and:

We are adding upwards of 100+ items into expert dungeons to help fill in a number of itemization gaps players have helped us identify
    Is incredibly vague (and indeterminant, 100+ implies A >= 100, A is satisfied by an infinite number of integers and you can't be "upwards" of that). There are itemization issues across the board, and a good chunk of those should be toughness chain but I can easily see us having more useless itemization of wands (yay, I can have 7 more now?), blades, and bows instead of actual gear that people need.

Just curious. While we're talking about itemization issues, can we address this as well? We need some before you nerf plaques even more so we can't just buy everything in 1 shot. Or can you guarantee us that in the near future toughness chain is going to be fixed in the itemization tables of experts? How about for shields with SP on them so they're not solely there for enabling blocking?

If not, I'll grind experts so hard I'll buy a full T2 set from the store before you nerf all of that to hell and make it more "be casual, get better gear" oriented. Don't really want to do that, but you're telling us that's the only option at this point.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-25-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    < 3

+ Reply to Thread